PDA

View Full Version : In a Few Moments The OM AD

Spiderman
12-01-2017, 09:02 AM
will sent out a message to their shills, either Code Red or Code Blue.

We should know which way it's gonna go pretty quick.

huffy
12-01-2017, 09:10 AM
Let us know as soon as you get the message*****

stungeon
12-01-2017, 09:11 AM
LOL! Nice one!

Let us know as soon as you get the message*****

BulldogBear
12-01-2017, 09:14 AM
Does the NCAA make it public or is that up to Ole Miss?

The reason I ask is that if they can I see those 17ers just sit on it until the early signing period and lie to the kids. Or lie about how bad they are. What are the consequences of doing something like that.

lefty96
If I was them I would go with "whewww" or "shit" - less chance for confusion

Hrdawg82
We will know how bad it is if Matt Luke gets a 3 year extension before 9:00am

Tbonewannabe
12-01-2017, 09:19 AM

The reason I ask is that if they can I see those 17ers just sit on it until the early signing period and lie to the kids. Or lie about how bad they are. What are the consequences of doing something like that.

I believe the NCAA announces. They simply give UM a 24 hour notice that the sanctions will be released and then send them the sanctions either 1 or 2 hours prior to release.

huffy
12-01-2017, 09:22 AM

NCAA release is at 10:30 according to Head to Head yesterday. There should be a press conference with a detailed explanation from COI.

Maroonbulldog
12-01-2017, 09:22 AM

NCAA notifies the school the notice is coming the day before- (yesterday)
The school receives the sanctions the next day via email( 8:30)
The school is given 2 hours to prepare a response before the NCAA makes the findings public.

That is where the 10:30 time comes from people like Steve keep mentioning.

Dawgface
12-01-2017, 09:27 AM
Well frig. It will be afternoon before I get to see the results.

Tbonewannabe
12-01-2017, 09:29 AM
Does UM get hit at least as hard as USCw? I certainly hope it is at least that bad if not then it really might have been worth it for those assholes.

Jack Lambert
12-01-2017, 09:30 AM
will sent out a message to their shills, either Code Red or Code Blue.

We should know which way it's gonna go pretty quick.

And depending on which color they will know if they should take one sleeping pill to help catch up on sleep or take the whole bottle.

Homedawg
12-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Does UM get hit at least as hard as USCw? I certainly hope it is at least that bad if not then it really might have been worth it for those assholes.

No. I don't think so.

Doggie_Style
12-01-2017, 09:34 AM
....waiting to see if the confederate flags will be lowered to half mast....Save Yo Rebel Rags gift cards boyz, the Rebel/bear/landsharts shall rise again!!

BB30
12-01-2017, 09:38 AM
Why are several starting to say that it will just be a little bit more tacked on to the self imposed? Has something new surfaced or leaked?

Token Bammer
12-01-2017, 09:38 AM
No. I don't think so.

I just can't see this being true. Not only did OM commit many more infractions, but they gave the NCAA hell throughout the process. Plus, the NCAA knows hookers were involved. There's a lot of reasons why the sanctions should be, and I believe will be, worse than USC. Plus, college football and the NCAA cares about what happens to USC. No one gives a rats toenail about Ole Miss.

Hrdawg82
12-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Why are several starting to say that it will just be a little bit more tacked on to the self imposed? Has something new surfaced or leaked?

They are saying that because Leo "provided additional information" to the COI that he hadnt brought up before that it further hurts his credibility. Im not buying it

BulldogBear
12-01-2017, 09:48 AM
NCAA notifies the school the notice is coming the day before- (yesterday)
The school receives the sanctions the next day via email( 8:30)
The school is given 2 hours to prepare a response before the NCAA makes the findings public.

That is where the 10:30 time comes from people like Steve keep mentioning.

Response? I don't know if that makes me wanna laugh or hurl. Why do they get a "response?"

"It's all lies...Leo...Mullen...Rosebowl and shit."

DeviousDawg
12-01-2017, 09:49 AM

They absolutely should. No point in having the matrix if you throw it out when there are TOO MANY sanctions to realistically use it's guidelines. OM people suggesting that it will be 15 schollies are insane. That would be 1 scholly loss per level I violation over a 4 year period. Much better chance that it is over 30 schollies than below 20 imo.

Either way, it's here, finally.

BulldogBear
12-01-2017, 09:53 AM
Chuck says 4 years probation, 13 schollies, and 2 year bowl ban. If so, NCAA is on life support.

Spiderman
12-01-2017, 09:56 AM
Chuck says 4 years probation, 13 schollies, and 2 year bowl ban. If so, NCAA is on life support.

They basically walked.

13 scholarships. Schollys are the real penalties so they walked

Johnson85
12-01-2017, 09:57 AM

If they don't get hit at least in the range of USCw, then it will have been worth it and it will really be the wild Wild West. To the point that we'll probably see downward pressure on athletic foundation contributions so that money can be funneled to illegal benefits.

Tbonewannabe
12-01-2017, 09:57 AM

Chuck also said "There is no investigation", "The investigation is only dealing with WBB and track", "Any football issues is just Nutt", "they are accepting the self imposed sanctions", and etc......

Token Bammer
12-01-2017, 09:59 AM
They basically walked.

Are these real numbers? Second, are they in addition to the self imposed penalties?

1bigdawg
12-01-2017, 09:59 AM
On the NCAA site, all of their sanction press releases are tagged 12:00 pm. We may have to wait until then.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2017, 10:01 AM
This is different though. Chuck said all that before when they were trying to protect a recruiting class. He's reporting what he's been told, and I don't see how they'd lie when the report is released in a couple of hours anyway.

I'd speculate that it's 13 additional scholarships on top of what they self imposed which makes the number roughly 25.

BulldogBear
12-01-2017, 10:03 AM
They basically walked.

It isn't official. It's just Chuck who "received a text." I was just saying if true then it's BS and NCAA has no teeth. Screw thay SMU crap. SMU was destroyed by paradigm change not the DP.

Are these real numbers? Second, are they in addition to the self imposed penalties?

Addition was the implication I think.

Spiderman
12-01-2017, 10:06 AM

What would Bjork and Luke gain by lying to Chuck today?

It will be public soon.

Like I said, as soon as they got them , Chuck and Co. would let us know one way or the other.

OM fans are mad about it. State fans mad.

Only prediction I made about it looks spot on if true.

smootness
12-01-2017, 10:07 AM
If it's two additional years of a bowl ban, that is huge. They'll have a ton of transfers and find it hard to recruit, regardless of the number of scholarships.

Token Bammer
12-01-2017, 10:10 AM
They basically walked.

If I was USC I'd be pissed. The NCAA is a bunch of pussies.

Spiderman
12-01-2017, 10:15 AM
now saying 24.

Johnson85
12-01-2017, 10:17 AM
What would Bjork and Luke gain by lying to Chuck today?

It will be public soon.

Like I said, as soon as they got them , Chuck and Co. would let us know one way or the other.

OM fans are mad about it. State fans mad.

Only prediction I made about it looks spot on if true.

The only OM fans that would be mad about 13 schollies total are complete morons who would be made with anything less than an apology letter from the NCAA. I'm assuming the vast majority of OM fans will be dancing in the street if that's the real verdict.

BulldogBear
12-01-2017, 10:18 AM
now saying 24.

That was the implication, 13+11, meaning 24 total. Even so, that better be 2 additional years bowl ban or its basically like getting 10 years for 1st degree murder.

GreenheadDawg
12-01-2017, 10:20 AM
That was the implication, 13+11, meaning 24 total. Even so, that better be 2 additional years bowl ban or its basically like getting 10 years for 1st degree murder.

I agree 24 would be light but anything north of 20 over 3 years could be crippling for a program like OM. Especially if 2 additional years

Token Bammer
12-01-2017, 10:22 AM

Agreed. These penalties are still very light. How in the he'll can they justify USC getting 30 and OM getting 24 under the new matrix? Unbelievably week. I think NCAA is finished. Between the UNC scandal, now OM, and the basketball fiasco that you know the NCAA will botch, they are done. Jmo. Beginning of the end.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-01-2017, 10:24 AM
From what I can gather:

4 year probation
2 yr bowl ban (2017 and 2018)
24 total scholly's
monetary fine
all coaches named in NOA get showcauses

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2017, 10:34 AM
From what I can gather:

4 year probation
24 total scholly's
monetary fine

If that?s it then I can live with that. That?s an entire class. It ain?t a nuclear bomb, but it might be a 1000 bomber raid.

Tbonewannabe
12-01-2017, 10:56 AM
From what I can gather:

4 year probation
24 total scholly's
monetary fine

They said 2 year bowl ban and 13 schollies so this might end up being 3 year total ban and 24 schollies. If that is the case then anyone can transfer out.

Johnson85
12-01-2017, 11:08 AM
If that?s it then I can live with that. That?s an entire class. It ain?t a nuclear bomb, but it might be a 1000 bomber raid.

If it was really going to be 24 scholarships it would be a bomber raid, even if light compared to what they shoudl get. But at least 2 of self imposed scholarship reductions were simply 2 scholarships they had already failed to use. And then they have already imposed at least 3 I think (maybe 6?) of the other 9. So you're looking at only 22 real scholarships lost to sanctions, and they've only got 19 or 16 left to deal with. So at most, either 7 and then 6 scholarships for the next 3 years or 5, 5, 5, and 4 over the next 4. Not nothing by any means, but still pretty manageable. If they aren't hit hard by transfers, that's a pretty big win for them.