PDA

View Full Version : Are they bloody kidding me?

MagicDawg
11-30-2017, 10:28 PM
I'm on Facebook and a State friend reposts a feelgood article by a friend saying that because the two MS schools have new coaches, he hopes they'll ratchet down the toxic rhetoric between the fan bases. After all, if your team lost, they'll probably win next year or the next, so let's just be nice and say good game, and so on and so on. After all, we're all Mississippians and blah de freaking blah.

Of course I went to see who wrote that. And of course it was an OM fan. And of course it's on the night before they get slammed. Of course they want to deemphasize things now. OF FREAKING COURSE they want to throttle it back. But what overcooks my grits is that State fans are buying into that!

You cannot be fooled by these psychological manipulations. This isn't about making the fan bases like each other or respect each other or even tolerate each other. It's about making their exile less painful for themselves by convincing us to hold their damn hands.

Screw that. I'll tolerate you but I sure as heck will not pretend your leadership didn't earn every bit - and rightfully more - of what's coming.

State fans, for the love of all that's maroon stop letting them fool you into coddling them with this "too toxic" crap. You know what they find toxic? The reality of our success. That's what's toxic. It's never ever a freaking issue when Billy Brewer is mocking JWS. It's not a freaking issue when Croom, locker room character rebuilds aside, is getting us gut-punched out on the field. It wasn't a damn issue when they were up 45-0 in 2008. It wasn't a damn issue when Metcalf is hiking his leg on national television on Thanksgiving. But the night before the NCAA announcement, we get a damn article from Oprah Magazine telling us we all need to kiss and make up.

The death penalty is too damn light for them but alas, the NCAA has no ICBMs.

Whew. Needed to get that off my chest. Thanks for your attention.

Maroonthirteen
11-30-2017, 10:41 PM
They crossed the line targeting Fitz and Keys knees/lower legs.

I hope they get the death penalty. Or at least penalties so severe they are crippled forever.

I mean F! Their fan media is on an all out smear campaign blitz tonight. F them.

Bubb Rubb
11-30-2017, 10:58 PM
The reason the rivalry is toxic can be seen in the articles put out by the not-a-fans this afternoon. That is the sole source of it.

Tbonewannabe
11-30-2017, 11:12 PM
They didn't seem to mind when their coaches and Network were buying players out from under MSU and paying guys to just not visit or commit. They really did have a great plan if they didn't get caught. If MSU wasn't so good at developing 2 and 3 stars then they kill our recruiting while getting top 5 classes for themselves. They even had ESPN and other media thinking that they were some kind of legitimate recruiting power. Dak and Mullen basically saved MSU from becoming a has been.

redstickdawg
11-30-2017, 11:13 PM
They crossed the line targeting Fitz and Keys knees/lower legs.

I hope they get the death penalty. Or at least penalties so severe they are crippled forever.

I mean F! Their fan media is on an all out smear campaign blitz tonight. F them.

The targeting of our guys via the headshots and the low blows on the knee ankle area was coached. That is all that you need to know about where fat boy wants this rivalry to go, toxic is just beginning.

Todd4State
11-30-2017, 11:17 PM
Here's how their mind works:

Ole Miss can cheat and do whatever they want to do to MSU and it's all good- it's all just fun and games.

MSU beats Ole Miss- they get their feelings hurt and go all out on cheating because they have to be better than MSU.

Ole Miss gets caught- It's OK to try to bring down MSU but at the same time declare that the rivalry is toxic because they know a massive amoung of crap is coming their way and they don't have a leg to stand on.

Todd4State
11-30-2017, 11:21 PM
The targeting of our guys via the headshots and the low blows on the knee ankle area was coached. That is all that you need to know about where fat boy wants this rivalry to go, toxic is just beginning.

And then much to my honest disbelief their fan boys actually wrote articles about how MSU "Got what they deserved" after they hurt our players. And in the same article they want the toxicity to go down? Really?

Only in their twisted minds is it OK and just for our QB to break his leg because they got caught cheating. Among the other things that their players did all night long.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2017, 11:31 PM
If you played football, you know exactly what they did to Fitz, and what they tried to do to Key. No way that stuff wasn't intentional. I ain't ratcheting down nothing. I had never ratcheted it up in the first place, till Thanksgiving night. They hired the coach who obviously approved of, and maybe coached them to do, what went on because he hasn't said a dang word about it. Forget it Confederates, you made this bed.