PDA

View Full Version : It would be nice if Coach Joe

reno hightower
11-30-2017, 08:15 PM
Could slip a few plays in for the bowl game....but I understand what he said and more importantly not giving anything to coach Knox

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2017, 08:28 PM
I hear you, but the more I think about it, the more I like what we are doing.

I think is can be very valuable for coaches to the opportunity evaluate their players without bias &, the longer you coach them & recruit them, bias sets in.

Moorhead will have the opportunity to just observe & evaluate without bias & I think that could go a long way with maximizing the tools of our players in the Spring

Bully13
11-30-2017, 08:31 PM
Isn't Knox gone? why is he coaching the bowl game?

reno hightower
11-30-2017, 08:43 PM
I hear you, but the more I think about it, the more I like what we are doing.

I think is can be very valuable for coaches to the opportunity evaluate their players without bias &, the longer you coach them & recruit them, bias sets in.

Moorhead will have the opportunity to just observe & evaluate without bias & I think that could go a long way with maximizing the tools of our players in the Spring

Agree--

BB30
11-30-2017, 09:12 PM
Yea, I figured he wouldn’t coach the bowl game. Just not enough time to really be worth half way trying to install a new system. And i wouldn’t want our new coaches first game to be a bowl with a true frosh qb and a skeleton of an offense. Would prefer waiting and getting started off on the right foot with no chance for any negativity for our new coach if he were to coach and us get beat with the offense looking bad.. wouldn’t be a good look for recruiting either I wouldn’t think.

This will also allow him more time to put a staff together and get to know our recruits/finish up the class and any last min prospects he may have an eye on.

Bothrops
12-01-2017, 12:31 AM

This is what I want to know.

Todd4State
12-01-2017, 12:35 AM

Because we need a "coach" in the bowl game. There weren't a lot of great options on Dan's staff. If it were me, I would have let Grantham do it. But it's a short term thing and in the big picture this bowl is more about Moorhead getting to know our players, getting Key some starting experience and building towards next year. I don't expect us to win the game unless it's an extremely favorable match up but winning the bowl at this moment isn't what it's all about for us at the moment in the big picture.

Homedawg
12-01-2017, 12:51 AM
Because we need a "coach" in the bowl game. There weren't a lot of great options on Dan's staff. If it were me, I would have let Grantham do it. But it's a short term thing and in the big picture this bowl is more about Moorhead getting to know our players, getting Key some starting experience and building towards next year. I don't expect us to win the game unless it's an extremely favorable match up but winning the bowl at this moment isn't what it's all about for us at the moment in the big picture.

Grantham wouldn't do it. But I'd love to know why we are letting Knox do it! Hell let jay perry do it before you let Knox do it.

Bullsy
12-01-2017, 12:55 AM
Hell... put it out for auction and let the booster with the high bid (donation) coach! Like some of the old spring games

RougeDawg
12-01-2017, 01:20 AM
Hell... put it out for auction and let the booster with the high bid (donation) coach! Like some of the old spring games

I?m for this especially if we have a Martinez mole coaching us.

Todd4State
12-01-2017, 01:27 AM
Grantham wouldn't do it. But I'd love to know why we are letting Knox do it! Hell let jay perry do it before you let Knox do it.

Yeah. I would think if Grantham didn't want to do it we would go with Ron English. It's not a great situaiton no matter how we slice it.