PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- SEC edition

Coach34
09-29-2013, 10:54 AM
1. You seriously cant beat a great day of college football on the big screen, grilling, and your favorite beverage.

2. If Miles hadnt hired Cam Cameron, they would have run his ass out of BR after this season. He has made their offense light years better. Mett showed alot of promise at the end of last season, and Cameron has elevated him to a higher level. And it's a damn good thing because LSU's defense is young and not very good at the moment. They can get better of course because they are talented, but it's going to take some time. They are giving up 200 yards+ on the ground in their 2 SEC games so far. That's something we have to take advantage of.

3. I was disappointed in Kentucky, I thought their DL would play better vs Fla. Florida, like us, looks as if getting their starting QB hurt is going to save their season.

4. A valiant effort last by the BearSharks, but the outcome was as expected- a 20+point loss. They had the week off to get ready and they were very prepared on defense. Wommack had them as ready as they could be. They played hard and gave Bama fits. Their D wont play like that every week, 2 weeks prep helps the D more than anything, but they did perform better than they had been.

5. Freezus does something yet aGAIN Mullen never has- get his ass shutout. Shutout. Zero. #FreezusWept. #FinsUp

6. Alabama's OL is terrible right now. That's not a 13-0 type of offense they have. Obviously they are still good on D, but they have some offensive problems to fight thru. CJ Johnson was throwing their LT down worse than Clausell last year. OM ran some simple twists and had DL running free. Wommack didnt do anything other defenses wont down the road- something to watch going forward. They made a slight change at half and simply schemed the BearSharks into a look they wanted by formation- gave it Yeldon- he made one of their doorknobs miss- and its off to the races. #FreezusWept

7. Poor Spurrier got pissed off yesterday. He had to do the one thing he absolutely hates to do- line up in the I formation and run right at somebody. Central Fla was smaller and quicker on D and they gave SC fits in the 1st half. They came out in the 2nd half- lined up in the I- and made them take it.

8. Georgia's offense is outstanding. We may see them rematch with LSU in Atlanta. They are clearly the cream of the East, but like LSU, they arent very good on defense either. Yesterday- they were just good enough. They can get in the I and run it down your throat, so you have to load the box. After you load the box- they can make throws all over the field to exploit you. Oregon and Louisville are going undefeated- it would be a shame to leave a one loss Georgia out of the title game after they beat Bama or LSU.

9. Auburn had the week off to rest and get ready for OM. And they play at home. That's huge. We will see if Saban gave EJ any tips this past Saturday also in defending OM. The GusBus will be ready fo sho. Look for a great game next weekend on the Plains for the WarEagleTigerPlainsmen vs the BearSharks.

10. A&M doesnt even really try to play defense. UPig's offense is not very good and they put up 30+ on them. You saw what Bammer did. Just awful. Even with our front being good- I could see them beating us 45-38 or some crap like that.

Moving forward- what did Saturday mean for us?

I saw yesterday that LSU and Alabama are not automatic losses in Starkville. Much like the OM defense last night- Collins will have our D ready for LSU. Cameron had the LSU playbook wide open yesterday, and we can prep for it completely. We shouldnt be surprised by anything. Our front has to play well to neutralize Hill and the running game- which we should be able to do, and we have to slip thru to get Mett a couple of times. The biggest thing to watch is how we defense the passes down the middle of the field. Whitley has been garbage in coverage since last year, and LSU has the ability to really exploit it. But we can match-up with them because our front is good. The Secondary getting two weeks to get ready is freakin huge.

Offensively vs LSU? We have to be able to do what Auburn and Georgia did- run the football. Dakota will have had 2 weeks to get ready and with LSU's D not being the animal it usually is- I feel like we can have some real success on the ground. It takes a good plan by Mullen/Koenning to get it done- much like the one Freezus used vs LSU last year. Kept them off balance the whole day. Hopefully they have also put together a hurry-up package for Russell to come in with to give defenses something else.

LSU is coming off an emotional game vs Georgia, and now has to come to S'ville to play us while we had the week off to get ready. We really couldnt ask for a better chance to pull off the upset. It's time Dan, it's ****ing time.

Maroonthirteen
09-29-2013, 12:37 PM
I watched LSU/UGA and 3 quarters of Bama before switching over to aTm/Ark.

My impression, we are behind everyone in talent but Arkansas. Our WRs and secondary are not as physical nor the playmakers that other SEC teams have. That hurts us in running blocking and having a Homerun threat. On defense, it kills us in run defense.

People can talk play calling, head coaches sideline demeanor, blah blah blah. Our recruiting has to get better.

FlabLoser
09-29-2013, 12:51 PM
Our secondary is young. Our WRs are too and it is our first year to have size there.

Coach34
09-29-2013, 12:54 PM
We certainly lack top talent at WR- and why it's crazy to play Russell over Dakota.

Political Hack
09-29-2013, 01:31 PM
As bad as we are right now offensively, I do agree that we've got a chance to beat Bama and LSU at home for the first time in forever.

Coach34
09-29-2013, 05:56 PM
bump to make sure Nafoom, OMRant, The Spirit, and RebelGrove see it to get their daily dose of C34