PDA

View Full Version : What you want to see changed within the program?

BB30
11-30-2017, 05:31 PM
What are some things Mullen and the previous staff did that you would like to see changed both in game, on the recruiting trail, and in S & C /off field with the new staff?

Some thing I would like to see...
- Better half time adjustments in big games
- OL recruiting improve (obviously)
- improved WR recruiting(should be easier as I would think this offense will allow WRs to be more involved and have better shots at making big plays)
- better 3rd down playcalling
- taking more chances early against more talented teams
- more RB rotation with the young backs that we have I would like to see caries split Aeris(40-50%) and the rest divied up between Hill and Gibson
- continuity on defense(find a good DC see how he does and keep him here for more than a year or two)

Agree or disagree with the above? anything you would like to add?

dparker
11-30-2017, 05:41 PM
Not running out the clock with 2 minutes left in the half.

RougeDawg
11-30-2017, 05:43 PM
No more seniority over athletic ability.

No more 150 lb bean pole RB?s up the gut against the nations best DL?s.

No more air raid against the leagues worst rush defenses.

BrunswickDawg
11-30-2017, 05:44 PM
Relentless Effort - from the coaches

HereComesTheSpiral
11-30-2017, 06:26 PM
Relentless Effort - from the coaches

You forgot some straining

BrunswickDawg
11-30-2017, 06:29 PM
You forgot some straining

https://media.tenor.com/images/a06e7e053804b57f88a5ee786577210d/tenor.gif

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2017, 06:32 PM
Better WR recruiting & OL recruiting + taking more shots down field in vertical passing game.

As good as Mullen is, I always thought his passing game Xs and Os were very limited.

DownwardDawg
11-30-2017, 06:36 PM
Hill running the wildcat.
Diamond formation just a little more often.
Wishbone inside the 5 with Fitz, Hill, and Williams.
More imaginative play calling on 3rd down.

BeardoMSU
11-30-2017, 06:38 PM
We need to call off our hounds of war, and command the NCAA to end their witch hunt of OM.***

t45fixer
11-30-2017, 06:45 PM
Before pregame practice in uniform instead of tee?s and shorts.

Todd4State
11-30-2017, 06:59 PM
I want:

1. A coach that will beat Ole Miss every year.

2. A coach that wants to be here.

3. A coach that will stand up for our players if they are injured on a dirty play.

4. NO MORE PLAYING LESS TALENTED UPPER CLASSMEN OVER MORE TALENTED UNDERCLASSMEN. PLAY THE GUYS THAT GIVE YOU THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN!

5. A larger emphasis on recruiting. We should be top 20 in the rankings- and had we simply recruited offensive linemen we probably would have gotten there most years. And when I say a larger emphasis of course I mean legally.

6. This is not an improvement per say, but I want to continue to have an aggressive defense like Grantham's.

7. Manage down and distance better please. No more QB draws on 3rd and 8 against Alabama. No more throwing the ball 30 yards down field on 4th and 1 like we did against Arkansas.

8. Two running back system please.

9. Use Malik Dear like Percy Harvin.

10. Make sure we don't have smurfs at every WR spot please.

11. 4-5 offensive linemen a year. If one or two have USM and La Tech as their offers- that's better than nothing.

12. Better secondary play.

13. I expect to win the games we should- non Power 5's, the Egg Bowl, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt and SEC teams that are "down" or maybe have a history but aren't as good as us- like Arkansas. The rest of the game against top 25 teams I expect us to be competitive and put forth a good showing that even if we lose we are proud of the team- like Alabama this year. I do expect to occasionally beat those types of teams- and by keeping it close we will maximize our chances of knocking a top 25 team off. So, basically win the games we should and don't get blown out when we get beat.

14. Go to the Sugar Bowl and win it.

15. Bring back the interlocking MSU. Enough of the Nike owns it bullshit. It doesn't take a genius at Adidas to figure out how to make an interlocking MSU that is different than the one we wore in the 1990's. I'm tired of looking at the Larry Templeton M-State tribute that the Athletic Department forces us to wear.

Activated Alpha
11-30-2017, 07:04 PM
Better win percentage against ranked opponents

Goldendawg
11-30-2017, 07:33 PM
Don't even recruit any 150 lb running backs unless they can run a 4.25 in pads and still no carries up the middle. Second the motion for bringing back the interlocking MSU logo.

Drugdog
11-30-2017, 07:57 PM
I want:

3. A coach that will stand up for our players if they are injured on a dirty play.

4. NO MORE PLAYING LESS TALENTED UPPER CLASSMEN OVER MORE TALENTED UNDERCLASSMEN. PLAY THE GUYS THAT GIVE YOU THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN!

5. A larger emphasis on recruiting. We should be top 20 in the rankings- and had we simply recruited offensive linemen we probably would have gotten there most years. And when I say a larger emphasis of course I mean legally.

6. This is not an improvement per say, but I want to continue to have an aggressive defense like Grantham's.

7. Manage down and distance better please. No more QB draws on 3rd and 8 against Alabama. No more throwing the ball 30 yards down field on 4th and 1 like we did against Arkansas.

11. 4-5 offensive linemen a year. If one or two have USM and La Tech as their offers- that's better than nothing.

13. I expect to win the games we should- non Power 5's, the Egg Bowl, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt and SEC teams that are "down" or maybe have a history but aren't as good as us- like Arkansas. The rest of the game against top 25 teams I expect us to be competitive and put forth a good showing that even if we lose we are proud of the team- like Alabama this year. I do expect to occasionally beat those types of teams- and by keeping it close we will maximize our chances of knocking a top 25 team off. So, basically win the games we should and don't get blown out when we get beat.

15. Bring back the interlocking MSU. Enough of the Nike owns it bullshit. It doesn't take a genius at Adidas to figure out how to make an interlocking MSU that is different than the one we wore in the 1990's. I'm tired of looking at the Larry Templeton M-State tribute that the Athletic Department forces us to wear.

That sums it up for Drugdog..

Homedawg
11-30-2017, 08:00 PM
Better WR recruiting & OL recruiting + taking more shots down field in vertical passing game.

As good as Mullen is, I always thought his passing game Xs and Os were very limited.

Second part just isn't correct.

Turfdawg67
11-30-2017, 08:17 PM
I want:

I’m good with most of that except #15. I like that M-State IS our primary logo now and not 4-5 other ones... like the walking freaking bulldog. I like that people see my clothes and they know immediately that it’s Miss State and not Michigan State. I love that it’s plastered all over campus... it is our identity, along with HAIL STATE instead of Go Dawgs or Go State!

CATdawg08
11-30-2017, 08:18 PM
No shorts on the sideline would be a good start.

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2017, 09:09 PM
Dont tuck your dick between your legs and play not to lose vs good teams

bulldogcountry1
11-30-2017, 09:18 PM
No free passes within the coaching staff. Everyone needs to get after it both on the field and on the recruiting trail.

It's exiting to imagine what we can do with no dead weight.

HaggardDawg
11-30-2017, 09:25 PM
For all 12 games, not just 4 or 5, i want to see us play with relentless effort....

HaggardDawg
11-30-2017, 09:27 PM
Damn it, I copied Brunswick. Laying off the egg nog the rest of the night

BB30
11-30-2017, 09:40 PM
For all 12 games, not just 4 or 5, i want to see us play with relentless effort....

Eh your going to have let down games just part of the beast. Too hard to get up for every single game and stay mentally focused. Fans can actually help out in this respect, I imagine it’s hard to get up for an 11am game against no name u when there are 20000 fans there. I know I know ... they shouldn’t need fans to get up for a game but just part of it.

It’s exciting just having a new coach. I think both Mullen and the fans started to get complacent/lose interest because we expected the same thing- beat teams your supposed to and love to better teams. Think the fan base will be recharged a bit with a new coach. Hopefully he can give the fans a reason to stay jacked up throughout the season.