11-30-2017, 10:50 AM
In the spring.

Source: horses mouth.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2017, 10:53 AM
That would be YUGE considering he has to learn a new offense

MeridianDog
As soon as it is safe to do so, he should be on that ankle. The best rehab he can do is to use it. Knowing him, I would expect no less.

gravedigger

No nerve damage

BrunswickDawg
11-30-2017, 11:01 AM
No nerve damage

That's the big thing with that type injury - nerve damage and the amount of damage to the ligaments. If you escape both of those, it's really just time in a cast and some rehab. I would bet his healing time is on the low end of the 6-8 week range - which would have him rehabbing by about January 10th. That's a couple of months before practice. He should be full speed by spring camp.

TrapGame
11-30-2017, 11:02 AM
That's the big thing with that type injury - nerve damage and the amount of damage to the ligaments. If you escape both of those, it's really just time in a cast and some rehab. I would bet his healing time is on the low end of the 6-8 week range - which would have him rehabbing by about January 10th. That's a couple of months before practice. He should be full speed by spring camp.

That would be awesome.

MSUMatt
11-30-2017, 11:07 AM
In the spring.

Source: horses mouth.

But I had the same exact injury the last week in October during a football game and I was ready to go for baseball practice the work week in January. This is entirely plausible and probable.

ScoobaDawg
11-30-2017, 12:15 PM

I suspect their will be a large amount of game film showing up for Nick soon with the new playbook to study...
What better to do over the christmas break when he has to stay off that ankle...

Dawgface
11-30-2017, 12:15 PM
That is good news. I bet no contact tho. At least I hope so.

ScoobaDawg
11-30-2017, 12:22 PM
That is good news. I bet no contact tho. At least I hope so.

Contact is what he needs as soon as possible.. has to get past any mental barrier once that ankle is healed.
It was a very graphic and had to be painful injury. Have to work past that.

Coach007
11-30-2017, 12:22 PM

Don't forget the January time where he will learn it on paper. The terms... etc etc.

If he is a leader, he will be studying this system hard NOW!

ScoobaDawg
11-30-2017, 12:36 PM
Don't forget the January time where he will learn it on paper. The terms... etc etc.

If he is a leader, he will be studying this system hard NOW!

Forget January... I bet he got a playbook last night or today. He isn't coaching in the bowl or playing so he has no reason to delay other his classes.

Coach007
11-30-2017, 12:55 PM
Forget January... I bet he got a playbook last night or today. He isn't coaching in the bowl or playing so he has no reason to delay other his classes.

I hope so!