PDA

View Full Version : "Insider sources" Game

Technetium
11-30-2017, 10:02 AM
Since we know OM has been given 24 hours notice of the sanctions, which I believes includes a copy of what the NCAA will announce tomorrow, it's time to play a little game to test the "insider source" here...

Here's how it works:

Post what penalties you think will be announced tomorrow. Anyone who posts the correct answer, as verified by NCAA release tomorrow, will have their reputation instantly skyrocket. Those who post the wrong penalties, especially if off by an appreciable margin, will reveal themselves as lacking credible sources.

ETA: Just read the CL article, which suggests OM may not know the penalties until tomorrow just before the announcement. If so, disregard this game.

BayouDawg
11-30-2017, 10:06 AM
Per my ?unbelievable? sources (my cats):

1. 36 over 4
2. Another year bowl ban
3. 8 year show claws (remember they?re cats) for Freeze
4. Reduced official visits

BeardoMSU
11-30-2017, 10:09 AM
Per my ?unbelievable? sources (my cats):

Hugh Freeze will go "full cat" and start wearing humans on his sweaters**

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f8/44/60/f84460c5a13bfef5accc2f06157257f2.gif

vv83
11-30-2017, 10:10 AM
1. 40 over 4
2. 2 more years of bowl ban
3. vacated wins
4. 3 year show cause for Freeze

msstate7
11-30-2017, 10:15 AM
1. 40 over 4
2. 2 more years of bowl ban
3. vacated wins
4. 3 year show cause for Freeze

I hope you right

Bubb Rubb
11-30-2017, 10:19 AM
They will accept the self-imposed penalties.

LOIC will stick.

On top of that, they will add 32 scholarships over 4 years
An additional year bowl ban
Vacated wins
Show causes for freeze, vaughn, kiffin, farrar
Limited contacts
Five years total probation

Cooterpoot
11-30-2017, 10:22 AM
25 over 3
1 additional bowl ban
3 show causes
Vacated wins
4 year probation

archdawg
11-30-2017, 10:24 AM
I have no sources, so I won't make any guesses. But I do have a question (forgive me if this a stupid question...)

Can/will/would the NCAA declare any of the current player ineligible as part of the sanctions? (I do not know if the investigation relates to any players still currently on the roster.)

KOdawg1
11-30-2017, 10:26 AM
28 over 4
extra bowl ban added
lots of show causes
vacated wins
6 years probation

It_Could_Happen
11-30-2017, 10:30 AM
30 over 3.
Extra year bowl ban

somebodyshotmypaw
11-30-2017, 10:31 AM
Ole Miss does not know the penalties yet.

This morning: NCAA tells Ole Miss that the penalties arrive in 24 hours
Tomorrow morning: NCAA delivers penalties to Ole Miss and any affected parties (such as Freeze)
Several hours later: NCAA makes penalties public

Ole Miss is given the penalties several hours before the public. But they did not get them today. They only got a 24-hour "heads up" that they are coming tomorrow.

I think this is the standard process

sleepy dawg
11-30-2017, 10:33 AM
I like this game. I still expect them to be severe, for no other reason than that's what they should be.

LOIC
4 year bowl ban (including the self imposed)
36 Scholarships over 4 years
10 year show cause for freeze. lesser show causes for others 2-5 years(kiffin, farrar, vaughn)
1 year ban on unofficial visits
1 year reduced official visits
Fines ~$25k-100k
5 year probation

Ari Gold
11-30-2017, 10:33 AM
It's going to be bad or they wouldn't have hired Luke before it went down.
Any half way sane OM fan would or has realized that now.

Dec 1st is a day that will go down in history.
And how fitting it's the same day Rosa Parks played a huge roll in the civil rights movement , that the most racist university has its football program set back 10 years.

So kick back tomorrow and have a cocktail with a smile James Meredith ..

TrapGame
11-30-2017, 10:34 AM
35 over 4
5 yr probation
vacated wins
5 yr show cause for Freezus
additional 1 yr bowl ban

jtricer1973
11-30-2017, 10:48 AM
DEATH PENALTY!!!

Oh, nevermind, sorry, that was just the dream I had last night! DAMMIT!!!

Tbonewannabe
11-30-2017, 12:01 PM
It's going to be bad or they wouldn't have hired Luke before it went down.
Any half way sane OM fan would or has realized that now.

Dec 1st is a day that will go down in history.
And how fitting it's the same day Rosa Parks played a huge roll in the civil rights movement , that the most racist university has its football program set back 10 years.

So kick back tomorrow and have a cocktail with a smile James Meredith ..

Luke is honestly the best coach they could have hired. He just took that team with probation hanging over them to 6 wins. He is a loyal landshart who will do whatever to protect their program. I imagine he would be the fall guy if need be. Any coach they get will more than likely be fired by the time the sanctions are over so no one with any type of future opportunity will take that job. It would have to be someone that wouldn't normally have a chance at a head gig and just wants to get paid.

preachermatt83
11-30-2017, 12:09 PM
30 over 3.
Extra year bowl ban

My guess too.

mparkerfd20
11-30-2017, 12:12 PM
Ole Miss does not know the penalties yet.

This morning: NCAA tells Ole Miss that the penalties arrive in 24 hours
Tomorrow morning: NCAA delivers penalties to Ole Miss and any affected parties (such as Freeze)
Several hours later: NCAA makes penalties public

Ole Miss is given the penalties several hours before the public. But they did not get them today. They only got a 24-hour "heads up" that they are coming tomorrow.

I think this is the standard process

This is correct. They will only get the list of sanctions a few hours prior to everyone else.

parabrave
11-30-2017, 12:20 PM
An apology for harassing their fine school and it's outstanding pious religious coach. Because or their exemplary cooperation the NCAA will officially recognize the 1962, 1959 teams as the official Nat Champions. Oh sorry I thought this was another board. 30 over 4, extra bowl ban and show cause for Freeze, Farrar and Kiffen.

Ari Gold
11-30-2017, 12:45 PM
Luke is honestly the best coach they could have hired. He just took that team with probation hanging over them to 6 wins. He is a loyal landshart who will do whatever to protect their program. I imagine he would be the fall guy if need be. Any coach they get will more than likely be fired by the time the sanctions are over so no one with any type of future opportunity will take that job. It would have to be someone that wouldn't normally have a chance at a head gig and just wants to get paid.

Luke is honestly the ONLY coach they could have hired.

TALL DAWG
11-30-2017, 01:11 PM
Additional 1 yr bowl ban
4 years probation
32 cut over 4 years
6 yr show for Bev
7+yr show for Barney
Fired/Resigns- AD
10 yr show for Sanders….wait, it has already happened!
Vacated wins
LOIC