PDA

View Full Version : Since we've taken a little hiatus from this topic:

Dawgology
11-30-2017, 09:02 AM
Anyone heard any NCAA sanction news on our "friends" to the north? All of this smoke about a Wednesday-Friday announcement you would think something would have hit the rumor mill by now. I'm beginning the wonder if they may be waiting until AFTER the early signing period.

Jack Lambert
11-30-2017, 09:06 AM
21 violations where 15 are level I. They have a lot to work through. There is no way they can use the metric they set up. I am guessing they are making sure they get it correct.

Mimi's Babies
11-30-2017, 09:13 AM
???? Would the NCAA hold the sanctions until after this BIG weekend, National Playoff weekend????

A family member stated this..... "It would be funny to hold the OM Sanctions until December 19, 2017... The morning before Early Signing Day...."
There is thought there for sure..

15 Level 1's and the NCAA did NOT except their self imposed sanctions....

BrunswickDawg
11-30-2017, 09:16 AM
CopiahDog on twitter is saying notification today, release tomorrow.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2017, 09:18 AM
With the way their recruiting is looking it would be funny if they waited till after both signing days and THEN popped them.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-30-2017, 09:59 AM
Trying to break their record for length of notifying that they had with North Carolina. At least I hope they are.

You have to think about this....they are already, and have been, on probation for the past 2 years. Look at the negativity and unknown that has surrounded that program for the past 2 years, and possibly more. But I'm talking recruiting specifically. Last years class and this years class have suffered because of the investigation. Sanctions haven't been released officially, but there is no doubt that their recruiting has suffered and been impacted because of the unknown. If you end up seeing players leaving the program, then you have to add that to any sanctions that will be handed down. Hell, look at this....everything that has happened so far has cost them their head coach and has caused them to have to settle on someone who is "one of their own" and kept them from putting all of the mess behind them and from hiring someone outside the program who could have come in and started fresh. The cloud of negativity towards their program will linger with them as long as Luke is leading the way. Same with Bjork. You think they really want him to still be there? Who else would want to come into that situation? Sure, let me leave this secure job I already have and go to a program with 3 teams on probation, including the bell cow who provides the revenue for every other program.

And as I type this, I get a text that says they just got their 24 hour notice, so tomorrow is the BIG day. Enjoy it shitbirds.

BulldogBear
11-30-2017, 10:02 AM
8:30 am tomorrow

Dawgology
11-30-2017, 10:05 AM
Wow...talk about timing. It’s almost like I knew before even they were served with notice..