PDA

View Full Version : So anyone heard anything about a DC?

Tbonewannabe
11-30-2017, 08:28 AM
It seems Coach JoeMo might have reached out to Don Brown (no one expected the #1 DC in football) but there hasn't been any other leaks. Cohen said Coach had a list of around 17 guys and he was moving quickly.

As far as assistants, it seems like Looney is definitely earning his spot. The recruiting guys seem to also be busting ass.

MafiaDawg
11-30-2017, 08:33 AM
I think it would be a good idea to have half the staff made up of coaches already here and bring in the other half.

Dawgfan77
11-30-2017, 08:55 AM
Apparently we are going to hire a staff with deep southern and Mississippi ties

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2017, 08:55 AM
Let the new head coach hire who he wants and who he can get. That’s always the best policy.

Dawgowar
11-30-2017, 08:57 AM
Would not be disappointed if they give English a shot.

PMDawg
11-30-2017, 09:17 AM
Penn State has a younger guy that currently serves as the offensive recruiting coordinator and WR coach (Josh Gattis). He is one of the top rated recruiters in the nation. Looks pretty young. Assuming Moorhead will be calling plays, I would love to see him offer this guy a promotion to Co-OC or something and get him on staff.

TrapGame
11-30-2017, 09:20 AM
Cohen said JM has three guys with MS/SEC roots that are great recruiters he wants on his staff asap.

Tbonewannabe
11-30-2017, 09:43 AM
Cohen said JM has three guys with MS/SEC roots that are great recruiters he wants on his staff asap.

Hopefully that works out. I know Cohen was very impressed with all of Coach JoeMo's preparation and list of coaches. It seemed like we might have a staff by this weekend or at least the bulk of it.