PDA

View Full Version : Jimbo Fisher

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2017, 07:52 AM
As it looks more and more likely that Jimbo will go to A&M, is anyone skeptical if he will actually be good at A&M?

I think this is a serious question. There is nothing about Jimbo?s scheme or player development that appears special and, outside of one year with Winston, everything always appeared more difficult than it should?ve been considering FSU?s talent advantage over everyone on their schedule.

At A&M he won?t have the same talent level as FSU and will be going against more talent. Additionally, as currently constructed, he?ll have to work with Mond instead of having a more talented Francois or Winston type pro passer.

Could be a Les Miles 2.0 type situation.

Dawgface
11-30-2017, 08:02 AM
I don't blame a&m for going after him but I don't see him as a slam dunk either. I'm sure they will go bowling most years but I don't see them really pushing bama too hard.

msstate7
11-30-2017, 08:08 AM
83-23 (48-17)
That includes 5-6 (3-5) this year.

Jimbo is a hell of a coach that makes great in-game adjustments. You crazy if you think aTm did not upgrade

bgover4
11-30-2017, 08:08 AM
I want him to stay at FSU and give Dale a challenge.

BeardoMSU
11-30-2017, 08:09 AM
I'm sure they will go bowling most years but I don't see them really pushing bama too hard.

Probably true, but him being there would definitely result in the West getting much tougher. A&M is a sleeping monster.

msstate7
11-30-2017, 08:12 AM

Hopefully taggert comes to FSU. He is not the coach jimbo is, but he can really recruit. Richt, taggert, strong, and Kiffin will make recruiting in Florida very difficult. And that does not include all the rest of the country that recruits there

RocketDawg
11-30-2017, 08:13 AM
It'd be funny if Jimbo went to A&M and Mullen went to FSU ....

msstate7
11-30-2017, 08:14 AM
I don't blame a&m for going after him but I don't see him as a slam dunk either. I'm sure they will go bowling most years but I don't see them really pushing bama too hard.

We are not Bama though... it will hurt us much more than bama

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2017, 08:19 AM
83-23 (48-17)
That includes 5-6 (3-5) this year.

Jimbo is a hell of a coach that makes great in-game adjustments. You crazy if you don?t think aTm did not upgrade

He has way more talent than anyone he plays against in that conference, so his record is only part of the story.

To me, FSU always makes it look difficult with him and, with less talent at A&M against better teams, the margin for error will be thin.

It’ll be interesting. I’m not totally sold it will work and throwing out his record doesn’t do much for me.

lefty96
11-30-2017, 08:27 AM

Daryl will have enough problems with Kirby and UGA - so he's covered there.

BulldogBear
11-30-2017, 08:32 AM
It may translate into more success but until the A&M culture changes to an SEC culture they will not win championships. They can change coaches every few years to a big name and it won't matter.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2017, 08:58 AM
A&M just for some reason always underachieves. One day they will hit on the right combination of coaches, players, and culture and when they do look out. They have more resources than anyone in the SEC, and it’s not that close.

basedog
11-30-2017, 09:11 AM
A&M just for some reason always underachieves. One day they will hit on the right combination of coaches, players, and culture and when they do look out. They have more resources than anyone in the SEC, and it’s not that close.

Very true, it's in there tradition to sh*t in the bed with Coaches and underachieve! Money they have.