PDA

View Full Version : Danish Muffin has really disappointed me since he left.

Jack Lambert
11-29-2017, 10:39 PM
Sure glad Cohen hit another home run. I have felt pretty damn good today.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 10:39 PM
Sure glad Cohen hit another home run. I have felt pretty damn good today.

Dilly, dilly!

Mutt the Hoople
11-29-2017, 10:41 PM
Mulan-taking blood money.

TUSK
11-29-2017, 11:38 PM
Mulan-taking blood money.

5/10

(No mention of Mullins* being a "carpetbagger"....)

PMDawg
11-29-2017, 11:41 PM
Dean Martin could've taken 15 minutes to write a letter thanking everyone and saying he enjoyed his time here...even if it was a lie.

Leroy Jenkins
11-29-2017, 11:45 PM
I think Doug Muggins knows what going to happen to him next year in DWS.

Johnson85
11-29-2017, 11:52 PM
Dean Martin could've taken 15 minutes to write a letter thanking everyone and saying he enjoyed his time here...even if it was a lie.

He could have had his assistant write one. I really am surprised he hasn't. His wife is so marketing savvy, I'm shocked they didn't do anything. It's basically free and buys you a ton of goodwill going into the future.

Hail State
11-30-2017, 12:36 AM
He could have had his assistant write one. I really am surprised he hasn't. His wife is so marketing savvy, I'm shocked they didn't do anything. It's basically free and buys you a ton of goodwill going into the future.

Like you said, it's so easy to do, buys you a ton of goodwill, and is basic common sense. Did Dan harbor some kind of resentment? I haven't been too harsh on Mullen. He did a lot for our program and left for a bigger paycheck, though not that far out of reach as what we were willing to pay him. The flying by night and acting as if he'd never heard of State bothers me.

TUSK
11-30-2017, 01:17 AM
Did you cats really not know his MO?

Honest interrogative.

Todd4State
11-30-2017, 01:27 AM

Honest interrogative.

I mean, he seemed to enjoy his time here for the most part. I don't recall any negative interactions like the crowd booing him very much- maybe while he ran Holloway up the middle too many times. We paid him well and showed up to the games for the most part- I mean, sorry about 11 AM against UMass Dan. No one draws well at 11 AM.

Maybe he got upset about people calling out Hevesy- but as I've said all along if he did his job the criticism would stop. And it did for the most part this year. It wasn't anything personal- it's just that most of us know that the offensive line is kind of important and getting good players is kind of important. Upset about handing special teams to another coach? Sorry we made a suggestion that made the team much better and allowed him to have more success.

We're probably reading way too much into it. He never has had a very engaging personality and has always been pretty arrogant.

TUSK
11-30-2017, 01:50 AM
I mean, he seemed to enjoy his time here for the most part. I don't recall any negative interactions like the crowd booing him very much- maybe while he ran Holloway up the middle too many times. We paid him well and showed up to the games for the most part- I mean, sorry about 11 AM against UMass Dan. No one draws well at 11 AM.

Maybe he got upset about people calling out Hevesy- but as I've said all along if he did his job the criticism would stop. And it did for the most part this year. It wasn't anything personal- it's just that most of us know that the offensive line is kind of important and getting good players is kind of important. Upset about handing special teams to another coach? Sorry we made a suggestion that made the team much better and allowed him to have more success.

We're probably reading way too much into it. He never has had a very engaging personality and has always been pretty arrogant.

All of that was dead nuts on, Todd...

Now, it's just my thoughts, but I always got the impression that he thought he was "too good" to be here....

I dunno, buddy.... just my perspective...

Todd4State
11-30-2017, 02:26 AM
All of that was dead nuts on, Todd...

Now, it's just my thoughts, but I always got the impression that he thought he was "too good" to be here....

I think you are right. My guess is his original plan was to build us into a winner and once he did he wanted to capitalize on it. The problem was he was being paid a lot by us which made it hard for him to make a move- ultimately I think he essentially got about a million more than what we were going to offer and if we really wanted to keep I think we would have. I think Cohen let him go because he wanted to go. His buyout was pretty low. If my understanding about the Leo Seal money is correct we could and would have competed with Florida and probably could have kept him if Dan was OK with it and we really wanted to keep Dan.

It didn't help that in 2015 Miami pulled the rug out from under him. The truth is if we're being honest he hasn't really "been here" since 2015 at least. He "expected" to leave at least two years ago.

Mutt the Hoople
11-30-2017, 02:57 AM
5/10

(No mention of Mullins* being a "carpetbagger"....)
I'm a carpetbagger. Parents were from Iowa.

msstatelp1
11-30-2017, 06:13 AM
I'm a carpetbagger. Parents were from Iowa.

There's a difference between being a carpetbagger and being a damn Yankee. What's the difference between our former coach and a carpetbagger? Well, one lies about his intentions then takes his money and runs.....well ok there ain't a difference cause he was a carpetbagger.

Dawgface
11-30-2017, 08:09 AM
I don't think he ever thought he would be here longer than 3-4 years but we kept upping his salary to the point it eliminated a lot of jobs. But I'm not hating on him, he did boost our program while he was here.

Tbonewannabe
11-30-2017, 08:14 AM
I don't think he ever thought he would be here longer than 3-4 years but we kept upping his salary to the point it eliminated a lot of jobs. But I'm not hating on him, he did boost our program while he was here.

Yep, he got some golden handcuffs. I think the only job that might have paid more at the time was Maryland and we might have matched it.

bulldogcountry1
11-30-2017, 08:28 AM

If he's upset about anything our fan base did or didn't do, then he won't last a season at UF. He's handled this really poorly, but I guess we shouldn't be surprised. At least Sexton could have released some form letter thanking us for the opportunity.

Dawg61
11-30-2017, 08:46 AM
Seriously who gives a **** what Dion Mozzarella thinks. **** that guy! We got a smarter one with a better offense in two days. Suck on that Mozzarella

fader2103
11-30-2017, 08:58 AM
Same here, Its sad because Grantham send a message out to players and fans on twitter thanking for all the support and his love for the city. He left the right way.

Dawgology
11-30-2017, 09:04 AM
Mullen did SO much for our program you would think that based on the fact it was kind of his baby he would have been a bit more graceful headed out the door....but whatever. I'm afraid he's walking in to a situation that will break him down over the next few years. That being said I think he will make a great sports anchor on ESPN on the SEC Network a few years downt he road.

BulldogDX55
11-30-2017, 09:13 AM
I, too, feel that Darn Marlins should have exited a little more gracefully.

basedog
11-30-2017, 09:20 AM
The way he went out changed my thinking about Cousin Eddie, yes the "shitter was full Eddie"!

Tbonewannabe
11-30-2017, 09:49 AM
The way he went out changed my thinking about Cousin Eddie, yes the "shitter was full Eddie"!

My wife has not cared for him after the whole shopping for jobs in 2014 and the team looked like crap against Bama, Ark, and UM.

Gutter Cobreh
11-30-2017, 10:10 AM

Nope, you're not the only one.

I nearly caused World War III last year around this time when I made that comment around my extended family. That got the argument started, but when I suggested that Lateral Move also had a learning disability due to his "Holloway up the middle" and botching the clock at the end of games (ala LSU) - we about came to blows....

Johnson85
11-30-2017, 10:41 AM

Honest interrogative.

It's inconsistent with his MO. Dan was all about Dan, but he was pretty good at marketing himself and the program (notwithstanding the fact that he oozed abrasiveness).

Again, I'm not bothered that he didn't give a shit about the school or fans. I think people are unrealistic to expect head football coaches to have a particularly strong personal attachment to their school. But it's sort of part of the business for coaches to pretend they do.

Dan, and especially Megan, are pretty savvy about that type stuff, so for him to be getting paid $6M and have access to a staff, yet not do anything but make a 6 second, boilerplate thank you statement without any elaboration during the introductory press conference and then make a 140 character tweet congratulating the new coach just seems like he must have some bitterness/resentment.

Even if he's pissed that he had to spend 9 years to get a premiere job rather than 3 or 4, I don't know why that would make him not spend 5 seconds telling his assistant or 10 minutes getting his pr person to post a tweet that looked something like Granthams.

TrapGame
11-30-2017, 10:50 AM
There's a lot of stuff about Mullen we just ignored and overlooked.

He really is a self centered, arrogant asshole. He's a good coach but in his mind he thinks he's the best coach money can buy. His image of himself is going to be tested at Florida. 7-5 and 8-4 seasons don't fly in Gator Land.