PDA

View Full Version : From the Hail State interview with Moorhead.....

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2017, 09:31 PM
JM: Well, I kind of look at it this way: there are three criteria we talk about as an offensive coaching staff, relative to our scheme. Is it sound, can we teach it, and can the players execute it? If it doesn?t fit one of those three then we don?t use it. We don?t want to do a million different things and major in the minors. We want to pick out the things that we do successfully and make it, with window dressing, look a little more complicated than it actually is. Our simplicity and flexibility combined with our players? culture, work ethic, discipline and talent, has made us a pretty special offense the past couple years.

One of the best offensive coaches I have ever been around did this exact thing. His scheme was different but this was what he did. His offense was renowned for being complex and so varied. It really wasn't. The playbook was enormous but he didn't use it all every year. He picked out what worked for that team and and disguised it. When he had talent it was awesome to watch.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2017, 09:36 PM
The whole thing

https://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/2017/11/29/scheme-philosophy-recruiting-and-the-history-channel-a-qa-with-joe-moorhead/

Dawgology
11-29-2017, 09:44 PM
And he watches American Pickers... my man.

parabrave
11-29-2017, 10:42 PM
Hey stink at Golf and love to fish. Like that.

Todd4State
11-29-2017, 11:26 PM
Yeah I really like Moorhead a lot. It sounds like he groups his plays together to make it easier on the players to learn it and from what I have read he doesn't have a ton of formations so that probably helps a little bit. This guy isn't going to pull a Croom by handing our guys the Packers playbook and telling them to go to town.

rolodawg
11-29-2017, 11:40 PM
He and Stans would have been tight...also The Beav!

RougeDawg
11-30-2017, 01:57 AM
Yeah I really like Moorhead a lot. It sounds like he groups his plays together to make it easier on the players to learn it and from what I have read he doesn't have a ton of formations so that probably helps a little bit. This guy isn't going to pull a Croom by handing our guys the Packers playbook and telling them to go to town.

Does he require his 10 star studs learn how to block in the passing game before they can get any significant snaps?**

Todd4State
11-30-2017, 02:29 AM
Does he require his 10 star studs learn how to block in the passing game before they can get any significant snaps?**

Only after spending at least 80 hours a week of watching film.**

I actually kind of enjoyed the Holloway is starting and getting the most snaps because... excuse of the week.

Ultimately just another way Dan thought he was smarter than the rest of us rednecks. The reality is it was him who sounded like an idiot and he was too arrogant to realize it.