PDA

View Full Version : Michigan vs Penn State in 30 Min

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2017, 09:00 PM
Cliff Notes: WOW, WRs better learn to catch 50/50 balls at highest point, RBs are superstars and do everything, looks fun and fast.

Some things to understand for perspective:

We don?t have Saquon Barkley but Kylin and Aeris are good. Kylin can be dynamic

McSorely the PS QB is Shea Patterson with below average throwing ability.

MSU?s OL is better than Penn State?s

I?m assuming that Penn State?s WRs are better.

Visualize.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2D3q3PyBE

-Fixed video link - Scooba

msstate7
11-29-2017, 09:03 PM
I like kylin a lot, but I do not think he is close to Barkley at all right now. Barkley will be this year?s kamara in the nfl next season. There is no weakness at all in Barkley?s game

Leroy Jenkins
11-29-2017, 09:09 PM
I like watching offense when I don't know what the play will be.

Crystal Balls
11-29-2017, 09:22 PM
I like watching offense when I don't know what the play will be.

^^^^^This ^^^^^

BB30
11-29-2017, 09:28 PM
I like kylin a lot, but I do not think he is close to Barkley at all right now. Barkley will be this year?s kamara in the nfl next season. There is no weakness at all in Barkley?s game

Kylin is still young and he showed a ton of promise when he got in this year. I don?t think the comp is a good one. But, he certainly is a special talent. I think he has a chance to be just as good of a runner between the tackles as Barkley if not a tad better(obviously long way to go). Kylin is a powerful runner and will be a great back that has a chance to put up some huge numbers in this offense.

I?m not sure Hill will ever be as versatile as Barkley but He will punish some defenses before he leaves.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2017, 09:34 PM
I think the beauty of Moorhead is that Penn State?s offense looks like this because he is maximizing the use of Barkley. He?ll do the same and adjust to feature whatever player is our most dynamic

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 09:39 PM
McSorley was a 3 Star, nothing special that joe molded into a special player.

TrapGame
11-29-2017, 10:28 PM
I wonder if we are gonna find out how horrible Gonzo was as a WR coach next year? I have a gut feeling Couch and Todd may look light years better b/c they'll have a real position coach that gives a shit.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 10:30 PM
I wonder if we are gonna find out how horrible Gonzo was as a WR coach next year? I have a gut feeling Couch and Todd may look light years better b/c they'll have a real position coach that gives a shit.

I think you?re onto something there trap

Irondawg
11-29-2017, 10:55 PM
Todd I still see improvement from....I'm still not sure WR is Couch's best position. He just doesn't look natural there to my eyes.

msstate7
11-29-2017, 11:04 PM
Todd I still see improvement from....I'm still not sure WR is Couch's best position. He just doesn't look natural there to my eyes.

He was highly recruited as a LB (pretty sure). If he has not moved up the depth chart by spring, I say move him to lb

Todd4State
11-29-2017, 11:33 PM
I could see him using Dear in the slot and then motioning him into the backfield and using him as a RB. Aeris has good hands- he's underrated as a pass catcher and Hill has a lot of talent as well. Our WR's should be taller and that in theory should help with 50/50 balls. I can't tell but it looks to me like Penn State's WR's aren't that tall but I could be wrong. Our o-line is probably going to be better than Penn State's as well- a new coach will probably help them out too.

Todd4State
11-29-2017, 11:34 PM
He was highly recruited as a LB (pretty sure). If he has not moved up the depth chart by spring, I say move him to lb
I believe it was WR or TE. I want to give him another year because with our LB's I doubt he could make the switch and make an impact.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 11:38 PM
I could see him using Dear in the slot and then motioning him into the backfield and using him as a RB. Aeris has good hands- he's underrated as a pass catcher and Hill has a lot of talent as well. Our WR's should be taller and that in theory should help with 50/50 balls. I can't tell but it looks to me like Penn State's WR's aren't that tall but I could be wrong. Our o-line is probably going to be better than Penn State's as well- a new coach will probably help them out too.

Reading an article on Coach Moorhead. He was being praised because they said calling psu ol average this year was being kind. Apparently their ol is average at best this year. So the man can work some minor miracle

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2017, 11:55 PM

Nah hes been a WR since day 1

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2017, 11:57 PM
He will use what we have and get the best out of it. What you wont see is Fitz running it up the middle over and over and he probably wont be getting as many carries. Moorhead is gonna use dual threats but he is pass first at QB, Muffins was run first develop the passing game as we go. Not saying Fitz wont run it bc obviously he will but he wont lead the team in rushing yardage like he has the last 2 years

msstate7
11-30-2017, 12:12 AM
Nah hes been a WR since day 1

Recruited by others (fsu) as a LB

bulldawg28
11-30-2017, 12:53 AM

This. I'd move him to TE ala Evan Ingram to play against LB's and safeties.

Todd4State
11-30-2017, 01:20 AM
This. I'd move him to TE ala Evan Ingram to play against LB's and safeties.

Farrod and Justin Johnson are pretty good. The guy I might move is Austin Williams but we'll see. I could see him staying at WR also.

bulldawg28
11-30-2017, 01:35 AM
Farrod and Justin Johnson are pretty good. The guy I might move is Austin Williams but we'll see. I could see him staying at WR also.

I agree both are pretty good TE's . However, I think Couch is too good of an athlete to not have his athleticism used in some way. He can help us somewhere.

Todd4State
11-30-2017, 02:20 AM
I agree both are pretty good TE's . However, I think Couch is too good of an athlete to not have his athleticism used in some way. He can help us somewhere.

I agree. I think he will either rotate with Todd and Guidry or be moved to TE. It sounds like guys at the receiver positions can rotate through the X, H, Y, and Z spot in the formation so we may see all three- Guidry, Todd, and Couch in at the same time some.