PDA

View Full Version : Lane Kiffin

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2013, 11:50 PM
Lane freaking Kiffin

This guy is the Paris Hilton/Kim Kardashian of sports. I have never been able to figure out, other than being Monte's son, how this guy has attained such lucrative jobs. He has been the head coach of the Raiders, Tennessee, and USC without ever doing a single thing or showing any real talent.

His career has always baffled me.

PassInterference
09-28-2013, 11:58 PM
I think this might be his last year at USC. Maybe he coach the Jax Jags next.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2013, 12:01 AM
I think this might be his last year at USC. Maybe he coach the Jax Jags next.

If an NFL team hires him as their head coach, then that GM should be fired on the spot. I honestly can't figure out what ability he has. Even bad coaches like Orgeron and Croom, we were able to discern some positive in the way they did things. Orgeron could 'croot and Croom was a good man that our players generally liked. However, Kiffin is none of those. He is just a really bad coach that has somehow ascended to really good jobs.

Todd4State
09-29-2013, 12:06 AM
Well, they are on probation. That might save him. And he does have Ed Orgeron.

I also think there is a better than average chance he ends up as the head coach at Ole Miss at some point.

Dawg61
09-29-2013, 12:14 AM
Because the entire generation older than Lane Kiffin thinks his daddy is like the Saban of defense. Slow to change.

CadaverDawg
09-29-2013, 12:18 AM
I hope he doesn't get fired or Ole Miss will hire Ed O back to recruit. Maybe we should try to hire Ed O for Bracky's position*

MSUDawg4Life
09-29-2013, 01:22 AM
Well, they are on probation. That might save him. And he does have Ed Orgeron.

I also think there is a better than average chance he ends up as the head coach at Ole Miss at some point.

I don't know, Todd. I'm thinking this is the end of his coaching career. This guy is sucking bad with 5-star and 4-star talent. I would love to see him as the Bears head coach for the next 30 years, but I think he most likely ends up with a broadcasting or NFL front office job. I can't see any sensible person hiring him to coach again.

bully99
09-29-2013, 06:44 AM
Saw a story that the USC prez and AD were seen huddling on the sideline during the game. Never a good sign.

Jack Lambert
09-29-2013, 06:50 AM
Lane freaking Kiffin

This guy is the Paris Hilton/Kim Kardashian of sports. I have never been able to figure out, other than being Monte's son, how this guy has attained such lucrative jobs. He has been the head coach of the Raiders, Tennessee, and USC without ever doing a single thing or showing any real talent.

If you shaved his head you might find a 666 mark.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2013, 07:18 AM
Well, it looks like Kiffin is out. I hope OM hire Eddie O, he would put them over the top in cheating and they would get caught. Sometimes adding to much of one type of thing is bad.

RC3
09-29-2013, 07:56 AM
Well, it looks like Kiffin is out. I hope OM doesn't hire Eddie O, he would put them over the top in recruiting and they would consistently pull in top 15 classes. No such thing as too many 5 stars

There. Fixed that for ya

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2013, 08:00 AM
There. Fixed that for ya

Disagree, It would cause OM to jump the shark and get caught. Right now they are either getting away with murder or walking the fine line. I believe that if they hired Eddie O, it would be to much. Kinda of like, putting sugar in your coffee is good, but putting too much makes it nasty.

Hiring Eddie O would get them on probation fairly quickly IMO

RC3
09-29-2013, 08:06 AM
Disagree, It would cause OM to jump the shark and get caught. Right now they are either getting away with murder or walking the fine line. I believe that if they hired Eddie O, it would be to much. Kinda of like, putting sugar in your coffee is good, but putting too much makes it nasty.

Hiring Eddie O would get them on probation fairly quickly IMO

What makes you reach this conclusion?
He hasn't gotten caught at USC this stint
He didn't get caught at ole miss (as far as I remember)
It's the sec; you can get away with murder right now apparently

I'm not saying the guy is a good coach but he is one helluva recruiter and Freeze would be a fool not to be calling him right this moment

RC3
09-29-2013, 08:15 AM
Espn reporting Ed will be interim head coach. Smart move on their part. Might have a chance to salvage recruiting

yakalot
09-29-2013, 08:53 AM
Espn reporting Ed will be interim head coach. Smart move on their part. Might have a chance to salvage recruiting

Any reports of shirtless wild boys, yet?

MaroonState
09-29-2013, 12:18 PM
Lane freaking Kiffin

Maybe he lets prospective employers sleep with his wife.**

Todd4State
09-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Well, obviously probation couldn't save Kiffen.