PDA

View Full Version : I'm pretty sure Strickland was contacted

Bodaski
11-29-2017, 04:14 PM
I feel fairly certain Strickland was contacted about Mullen poaching our commitments. He supposedly replied back that would be addressed, so we will see if it is or not. Supposedly, Scott was told by the person that he realized he had a job to do in hiring Mullen, but to steal our recruits too was way pass being ethical and Scott assured this would be addressed.

Homedawg
11-29-2017, 04:16 PM
I feel fairly certain Strickland was contacted about Mullen poaching our commitments. He supposedly replied back that would be addressed, so we will see if it is or not. Supposedly, Scott was told by the person that he realized he had a job to do in hiring Mullen, but to steal our recruits too was way pass being ethical and Scott assured this would be addressed.

I don't like it, but it's not illegal and sort of the nature of the football recruiting beast imo

lefty96
11-29-2017, 04:18 PM
17 him.

Drugdog

Contacted by who?

Maroons
It's recruiting. Nothing wrong or unethical about it. I hope our new staff does the same thing.

Tbonewannabe
I don't like it, but it's not illegal and sort of the nature of the football recruiting beast imo

Mullen didn't contact any commits when he left UF. It just depends on the situation. Of course it isn't illegal but just kind of morally wrong.

Homedawg
11-29-2017, 04:21 PM
Mullen didn't contact any commits when he left UF. It just depends on the situation. Of course it isn't illegal but just kind of morally wrong.

Because it would have been a waste of time. We weren't stealing any guys from fla. he thinks he can take an elite from us. It's possible but I think we can hang on. But, anyway situations are not close to equal.

TrapGame
11-29-2017, 04:23 PM

Hell, Mullen didn't even start recruiting Florida until like two years ago. Four and Five star guys aplenty and he avoided it like the effing plague for years. Why?

ScoobaDawg
11-29-2017, 04:24 PM

Exactly... everyone needs to chill about this crap.. every coach does it.
Doesn't mean the recruits are gonna flip and follow though.

I know this hasn't happened since 1955... but come on guys...

Leroy Jenkins
11-29-2017, 04:27 PM

Its like first-cousin marriage. Just because its legal in Florida, doesn't mean its a good idea.

ScottH
11-29-2017, 04:33 PM
#lazyrecruiter

msstate7
11-29-2017, 04:40 PM
Because it would have been a waste of time. We weren't stealing any guys from fla. he thinks he can take an elite from us. It's possible but I think we can hang on. But, anyway situations are not close to equal.
I just hope others begin poaching their commits to keep them defending their own backyard.

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2017, 04:42 PM
I just hope others begin poaching their commits to keep them defending their own backyard.

I saw one person talking about how Mullen should be an upgrade to McE on the recruiting side. People look at his recruiting and just think it was MSU's fault he couldn't recruit. Going to be interesting if Mullen, Gonzo, and Hev continue recruiting like they have the past 9 years.

Jack Lambert
11-29-2017, 04:47 PM
Exactly... everyone needs to chill about this crap.. every coach does it.
Doesn't mean the recruits are gonna flip and follow though.

I know this hasn't happened since 1955... but come on guys...

I can see an recruit saying "Coach a month ago you told me Miss State was the greatest place on earth. What changed?"

Todd4State
11-29-2017, 04:49 PM
I saw one person talking about how Mullen should be an upgrade to McE on the recruiting side. People look at his recruiting and just think it was MSU's fault he couldn't recruit. Going to be interesting if Mullen, Gonzo, and Hev continue recruiting like they have the past 9 years.

I don't think they will be allowed to. Once FSU gets some guys their fans want I think they will put their feet to the coals- especially if it's one of Hevsey's recruits and it gets out "I just didn't hear from Florida as much as FSU." Also, it will be interesting to see if he brings in Sallach.

That's just one of several reasons why I would be surprised if Dan makes it past four years there.

Dawgtini
11-29-2017, 04:51 PM
Its like first-cousin marriage. Just because its legal in Florida, doesn't mean its a good idea.

lol +1!

Jack Lambert
11-29-2017, 04:54 PM
I can live with Mullen doing it but if the rumors are true about Knox doing it I am piss.

Leroy Jenkins
11-29-2017, 05:02 PM
if the rumors are true about Knox doing it I am piss.

That has been said to be not true. The rumors that is, not that you are piss, Jack.

The Federalist Engineer
11-29-2017, 05:27 PM
They can keep all of Mullen?s future Percy Harvin?s

This dude loves the scat back

bulldogcountry1
11-29-2017, 05:28 PM
I definitely feel it's unethical to go after our recruits while we don't have a staff in place. It's kicking someone while they are down.

RocketDawg
11-29-2017, 05:30 PM
"Addressing" could be anything ... maybe he's just going to give him an attaboy for his efforts.

HaggardDawg
11-29-2017, 05:50 PM
Cohen said today that Knox would remain interim which tells me Knox to UF is NOT a done deal and the rumors of him poaching are not true. I?ve always liked Knox and his family and would be very surprised if he did something shady. It?s possible i guess though.

BuckyIsAB****
11-29-2017, 05:53 PM

Yeah. They're wrong. The country club will think the logo will be enough

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2017, 06:19 PM
Yeah. They're wrong. The country club will think the logo will be enough

Someone is getting a rude awakening. I guess we will see how much stroke Lateral has.

msbulldog
11-29-2017, 06:42 PM
We paid Mullen a lot of money in 9 years, gave him everything he asked for and put up with a whole lotta BS from him. Scott Sticklin would be shit if not for MSU. Neither would be where they are today without MSU. So yes they owe us! They need to lay off our recruits! I know its legal and other coaches do it, but not coaches and Athletic Directors that owe us like those two Dbags! I know some on this board don't agree with me, but it's the truth and I am going to speak the damn truth!

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-29-2017, 07:02 PM

What happens when Spurrier and Foley tell Strickland that he will be doing no such thing and nobody will be addressing it?

msbulldog
11-29-2017, 07:21 PM
What happens when Spurrier and Foley tell Strickland that he will be doing no such thing and nobody will be addressing it?

I guess that's when Strick realizes his new job ain't all that and a bag of chips, WHOOPS!

Bodaski
11-29-2017, 09:23 PM
Contacted by who?

A good friend of his. (Strickland and the person who contacted him are friends).

Johnson85
11-29-2017, 10:01 PM
A good friend of his. (Strickland and the person who contacted f hehim are friends).

Then Stricklin was probably just placating them. It sucks but there aren't even gentlemans agreements in recrui stricklin would get killed if he tried to slow dan down from recruiting msu commits.

msstate7
11-29-2017, 10:05 PM
Then Stricklin was probably just placating them. It sucks but there aren't even gentlemans agreements in recrui stricklin would get killed if he tried to slow dan down from recruiting msu commits.

If dan keeps recruiting too many 3-stars there, his fanbase will be the ones going crazy

Homedawg
11-29-2017, 10:12 PM
Cohen said today that Knox would remain interim which tells me Knox to UF is NOT a done deal and the rumors of him poaching are not true. I?ve always liked Knox and his family and would be very surprised if he did something shady. It?s possible i guess though.

Um no. We pulled him from the road for a reason.

msstate7
11-29-2017, 10:16 PM
Um no. We pulled him from the road for a reason.

I am confused... is he coaching the bowl? If so, how can we trust him to do that if we cannot let him talk to our recruits?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-29-2017, 10:25 PM

Who is Strickland?

BulldogBear
11-29-2017, 10:46 PM
Who is Strickland?

I think the question is where is Strickland? A mysterious land of orange grass and blue balls that draws in even people that hate it. Therein lives a jorts wearing hunchback named Merlin who thinks he's a wizard. There is also a leathery smirking popinjay that has no real purpose other than to remind Merlin he will never be a real wizard. And then there is Lord Loafer who thinks he rules the land but is actually a puppet of the dark shadowy Foleymeister who will never actually allow Lord Loafer to be a real boy.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2017, 10:47 PM
Who is Strickland?

Don melindas new squeeze.

Jack Lambert
11-29-2017, 10:48 PM
If dan keeps recruiting too many 3-stars there, his fanbase will be the ones going crazy

Just show how lazy they were at recruiting. I mean they are the University of by god Florida. I thought they were a top ten program. So why is Dan going after Miss Guys? Because they are lazy and don't want to have to work the next three weeks.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 10:54 PM
Just show how lazy they were at recruiting. I mean they are the University of by god Florida. I thought they were a top ten program. So why is Dan going after Miss Guys? Because they are lazy and don't want to have to work the next three weeks.

Nail on the head.

I?ve got a buddy that?s a big gator fan and he?s pissed that they are hanging around Mississippi chasing our 3 stars when he says you can?t swing a dead cat in Florida without hitting a 4 star athlete

Dawgology
11-29-2017, 11:12 PM
Nail on the head.

I?ve got a buddy that?s a big gator fan and he?s pissed that they are hanging around Mississippi chasing our 3 stars when he says you can?t swing a dead cat in Florida without hitting a 4 star athlete

Yup... it’s going to be a short tenure.

Littleman
11-29-2017, 11:13 PM
“Stricklin”

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2017, 12:12 AM
I think the question is where is Strickland? A mysterious land of orange grass and blue balls that draws in even people that hate it. Therein lives a jorts wearing hunchback named Merlin who thinks he's a wizard. There is also a leathery smirking popinjay that has no real purpose other than to remind Merlin he will never be a real wizard. And then there is Lord Loafer who thinks he rules the land but is actually a puppet of the dark shadowy Foleymeister who will never actually allow Lord Loafer to be a real boy.

Damn this was badass