PDA

View Full Version : University of Tennessee

Political Hack
11-29-2017, 03:39 PM
I just wanted to take a moment to reengaged in the previous debate between myself and others on this board about whether Miss State or Tenn is a better job right now.

If there?s anyone left that wants to explain how Tenn is still a superior program despite a decade of suck, I?ll hang up and listen. Thanks.

bullygrowl
11-29-2017, 03:42 PM
Clay Travis‏Verified account @ClayTravis
43m43 minutes ago

I am told that UT AD John Currie made an offer to Jeff Brohm that Brohm accepted. Currie then asked the chancellor to approve the offer ? buyout included ? and chancellor said no. So Currie went back to Brohm with lesser offer and Brohm said no. So here we are.
703 replies 1,404 retweets 2,027 likes

What are they doing up there?

Activated Alpha
11-29-2017, 03:43 PM
Haven't had time to do much research, but what's the 411 on their coaching search?

BulldogDX55
11-29-2017, 03:44 PM
I just wanted to take a moment to reengaged in the previous debate between myself and others on this board about whether Miss State or Tenn is a better job right now.

If there?s anyone left that wants to explain how Tenn is still a superior program despite a decade of suck, I?ll hang up and listen. Thanks.

BUT BUT BUT

TITLE

100k STADIUM

PEYTON

Still feeling the stupid firing of Fulmer a decade later. I love it.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 03:46 PM
Good grief, they have totally screwed this up, maybe they can get Croom, I think he lives in Tennessee. There's no way in heck that Tennessee is a better program than us. They've just proved it over and over and over. Say hello to the bottom of the SEC, ut.

You know Fat Phil is somewhere laughing his butt off!

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2017, 03:48 PM

On paper Tennessee has more resources & a higher ceiling, but quality of job is about so much more.

MSU has better leadership, currently a better program, a significantly better team, & a more realistic view of what their program is & can be.

All things together, MSU is the better job. MSU is a medium sized business with great leadership, direction, & is gaining market share while TN is a conglomerate that lacks direction, leadership, & is losing market share.

Political Hack
11-29-2017, 03:51 PM
So Kelly, Brohm, Mullen, Gundy, Pruitt, Frost, Morris, and some others have already turned it down? Is that list accurate, some of that is assumptions on my part based on the coaches currently in the market.

lefty96
11-29-2017, 03:54 PM
The Tennessee job is fool's gold. You take away the good Fulmer years and what do you have? A big stadium. You add in the fact that the Fulmer years gave rise to the annual "Fulmer Cup" - you then have to question the Fulmer years.

If the UT job was a car, it would be an old jag. . .it looks good from the curb but runs like shit.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 03:55 PM
On paper Tennessee has more resources & a higher ceiling, but quality of job is about so much more.

MSU has better leadership, currently a better program, a significantly better team, & a more realistic view of what their program is & can be.

All things together, MSU is the better job. MSU is a medium sized business with great leadership, direction, & is gaining market share while TN is a conglomerate that lacks direction, leadership, & is losing market share.

Great analogy.

Irondawg
11-29-2017, 03:59 PM
Why would the chancellor not have pre-approved the financials of an offer the school made? I'm not sure i'm buying that Brohm accepted an offer

RunDog26
11-29-2017, 04:00 PM
Tennessee Football - At least we're not about to be on probation like Ole Miss.

Lance Harbor
11-29-2017, 04:00 PM
Well said.

The Tennessee job is fool's gold. You take away the good Fulmer years and what do you have? A big stadium. You add in the fact that the Fulmer years gave rise to the annual "Fulmer Cup" - you then have to question the Fulmer years.

If the UT job was a car, it would be an old jag. . .it looks good from the curb but runs like shit.

yjnkdawg
11-29-2017, 04:01 PM
I thought they pretty much were screwed, after they embarrased one of their potential candidates on social media, but that they may be able to still get one of their own, Tee Martin.

Political Hack
11-29-2017, 04:02 PM
Why would the chancellor not have pre-approved the financials of an offer the school made? I'm not sure i'm buying that Brohm accepted an offer

Happened with Jimbo at LSU or at least that’s what the LSU brass said when they fired then rehired Les two years ago.

On a separate note, Erik ainge (isnt he the old UT QB?) was DMing Kiffin to tel him he doesn’t want him back at Tenn. these bat shit crazy people can’t get anyone to come and are still actively turning people away, even after Schiano-gate.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 04:02 PM
They are almost as radioactive as unm at this point. That little stunt with Schiano probably scared off any serious coach with interest. Who would wanna walk into that mess?

Really Clark?
11-29-2017, 04:03 PM
So Kelly, Brohm, Mullen, Gundy, Pruitt, Frost, Morris, and some others have already turned it down? Is that list accurate, some of that is assumptions on my part based on the coaches currently in the market.

Can't believe you forgot the Schiano disaster protests

Todd4State
11-29-2017, 04:06 PM
Tennessee is running away with the title of worst coaching search ever performed in the history of football. I'm guessing they're going to end up with Tee Martin and then kick the tires on Gruden again in about 2-3 years.

Political Hack
11-29-2017, 04:07 PM

I figured everyone knew about that. I was just listing who turned it down. He had reportedly accepted it and thengot told no thanks. But yeah, that’s the fuel that turned a typical silly season dumpster fire into the 1908 burn down of San Francisco.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 04:09 PM
Does Currie survive this or is he gonna be sent to the pit of misery after its all said and done?

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2017, 04:11 PM

Technically, Schiano accepted the job, everyone else has turned it down.

lefty96
11-29-2017, 04:12 PM
Does Currie survive this or is he gonna be sent to the pit of misery after its all said and done?

Where is he now?

Political Hack
11-29-2017, 04:13 PM

Lot of misery for sure. They may wait a while but he’ll be hard pressed to ever get past this.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 04:14 PM
Lot of misery for sure. They may wait a while but he’ll be hard pressed to ever get past this.

I can't see him surviving this. I'm surprised vol fans haven't put a hit out on him.

I'm headed to Gatlinburg tomorrow, may have to check with a couple of boosters up there I know and see how they feeling lol

Homedawg
11-29-2017, 04:15 PM

Mullen turned it down because of Florida. Otherwise, he would be the coach there. We can argue to argue if you want. But that's just the way it is

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2017, 04:16 PM
I can't see him surviving this. I'm surprised vol fans haven't put a hit out on him.

I'm headed to Gatlinburg tomorrow, may have to check with a couple of boosters up there I know and see how they feeling lol

He also is in his first year so he doesn't exactly have any history that he can point to. There isn't any goodwill built up by Currie.

lefty96
11-29-2017, 04:17 PM
Mullen turned it down because of Florida. Otherwise, he would be the coach there. We can argue to argue if you want. But that's just the way it is

While probably true, cannot be overstated that that move would have been career suicide.

Homedawg
11-29-2017, 04:31 PM
While probably true, cannot be overstated that that move would have been career suicide.

I won't disagree w that at all.

Maroonthirteen
11-29-2017, 04:38 PM

What about Clay Travis? If UT has to hire Tee Martin or the RB coach from ETSU... to me...that would be huge step down from Schiano. Nobody remembers that He was at PSU with Sandusky if Travis doesn’t tweet about it. Also, since then Travis has admitted, he torpedos the Schiano hire more so because of his coaching history.

BulldogDX55
11-29-2017, 04:56 PM

Wish he would have gone there for that reason, even if it denied us the possibility of payback on 9/29/18

DawgPoundtheRock
11-29-2017, 05:12 PM
I live in SE Tenn and the word going around here is that UT has not contacted Tee Martin who has his feelings hurt and is pissed at Tennessee. Supposedly, he would not take the job if they offered it, but who knows. He may be able to get over the slight very quickly.

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2017, 05:25 PM
I live in SE Tenn and the word going around here is that UT has not contacted Tee Martin who has his feelings hurt and is pissed at Tennessee. Supposedly, he would not take the job if they offered it, but who knows. He may be able to get over the slight very quickly.

UT thinks they are bigger than Tee Martin. Now it is almost like they HAVE to get a current Head Coach to save face. They just seem to keep digging the hole deeper.

RocketDawg
11-29-2017, 05:28 PM
I thought they pretty much were screwed, after they embarrased one of their potential candidates on social media, but that they may be able to still get one of their own, Tee Martin.

Is Tee Martin major football head coach material? Does he even have any coaching experience?

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2017, 05:42 PM
Is Tee Martin major football head coach material? Does he even have any coaching experience?

He is the Offensive Coordinator for the USC Trojans. I believe he had a short stint in the NFL and has been in coaching since then. I don't think he needs any more cash from UT alumni's wives for car repairs.

Dawgtini
11-29-2017, 05:43 PM

He is the OC for USC in Cali. He has experience.

HaggardDawg
11-29-2017, 05:46 PM

Hit the nail on the head. Great analogy!

RocketDawg
11-29-2017, 07:29 PM
He is the Offensive Coordinator for the USC Trojans. I believe he had a short stint in the NFL and has been in coaching since then. I don't think he needs any more cash from UT alumni's wives for car repairs.

OK thanks. I had no idea where he'd gone to.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2017, 07:37 PM
What about Clay Travis? If UT has to hire Tee Martin or the RB coach from ETSU... to me...that would be huge step down from Schiano. Nobody remembers that He was at PSU with Sandusky if Travis doesn’t tweet about it. Also, since then Travis has admitted, he torpedos the Schiano hire more so because of his coaching history.

He had little to no connection with the Sandusky scandals. That was all about them not liking his coaching resume. The scandal was a convenient excuse to go after a guy they didn't want anyway. They are going to have a very hard time.

Coursesuper
11-29-2017, 08:26 PM
Now the dumbasses are in an uproar over the NC State guy.

dawg43
11-29-2017, 08:30 PM
It has also been reported the UT was turned down by Kim Jong Un late this afternoon.

Mjoelner34
11-29-2017, 08:55 PM
http://seytlines.lexblogplatform.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/234/2014/12/carnacthemagnificent.jpg
Amusement park vomit collector. Embalmer. Maggot farmer.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/j3QXT0ihx9k/hqdefault.jpg
Name three jobs more desirable than the head coaching job at the University of Tennessee.

parabrave
11-29-2017, 08:59 PM

Don't forget cutcliffe/