PDA

View Full Version : Chill about the DC position, here?s a refresher...

38843dawg
11-29-2017, 02:45 PM
Mullen?s first year who did he hire....

Carl motha 17in Torbush

We know it?s an important hire, but I think/trust he?s going to make a good choice. At least better than Dan?s first one.

msstate7
11-29-2017, 02:49 PM
5-7 his first year

defiantdog
11-29-2017, 02:49 PM
It's important because of the team we are returning. Mullen had barely anything when he got here. JoMo has a team that can potentially run the table in the West. There's a huge difference. He needs to lock a solid DC down and move forward.

BulldogDX55
11-29-2017, 02:53 PM
5-7 his first year

Should have been 6-6, Tyson was behind the line of scrimmage when he threw that pass, damnit!

yjnkdawg
11-29-2017, 02:56 PM
There's one thing different here than when Mullen arrived. The Cohen era has arrived. Cohen knows it takes money to get a staff. And $1 million + can probably get a good DC.

38843dawg
11-29-2017, 02:59 PM
It's important because of the team we are returning. Mullen had barely anything when he got here. JoMo has a team that can potentially run the table in the West. There's a huge difference. He needs to lock a solid DC down and move forward.

Yea those defensive players Chaney, wright, white, Mitchell, McPhee, Love, Cox, banks, Boyd were a bunch a bums when he got here. I will give you offensive side was rough.

It’s an important again yes, but give the man time.

And no we are not running through the West

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 03:00 PM
There's one thing different here than when Mullen arrived. The Cohen era has arrived. Cohen knows it takes money to get a staff. And $1 million + can probably get a good DC.

This guy gets it! It's what I keep saying, Cohen is running the show now. That po ol Mstate stuff is dead and gone. New era, enjoy the ride.

Todd4State
11-29-2017, 03:03 PM
Let's not forget that Moorehead has coached before and I'm pretty sure he has more of an idea of what kind of defense he wants and also who he wants to run it moreso than Dan did with no head coaching experience.

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2017, 03:11 PM
Yea those defensive players Chaney, wright, white, Mitchell, McPhee, Love, Cox, banks, Boyd were a bunch a bums when he got here. I will give you offensive side was rough.

It’s an important again yes, but give the man time.

We had Tyson Lee and Relf at QB along with Brandon McRae and several freshmen at WR. The Oline was pretty good to go with Boobie and Ducre at RB, Marcus Green at TE, Hemphill and Hanrahan at FB. Of course the defense might have had more talent than we have now at every position. Lateral didn't walk into the mess that Croom did and he left it a little better just based on the QB roster.

TXDawg
11-29-2017, 03:15 PM
Should have been 6-6, Tyson was behind the line of scrimmage when he threw that pass, damnit!

7-5 if he would've pitched the ball to Dixon at the goal line.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 03:19 PM

I still don't understand why Boobie didn't get the ball every single play on the goal line in that game. Run him 4 times from the 1, I guarantee he scores.

Todd4State
11-29-2017, 03:22 PM
I still don't understand why Boobie didn't get the ball every single play on the goal line in that game. Run him 4 times from the 1, I guarantee he scores.

That whole sequence resulted in the biggest meltdown I have ever had in the stands.

Jack Lambert
11-29-2017, 03:28 PM

Much of Mullen play calling I didn't understand but I accepted it because we won a lot of games.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 03:28 PM
That whole sequence resulted in the biggest meltdown I have ever had in the stands.

Me too! It was just insane to have a RB like Boobie and not give him the ball every single play til he scored. Lateral move Pete Carrolled that one!

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 03:30 PM
Much of Mullen play calling I didn't understand but I accepted it because we won a lot of games.

I think he did a really good job overall. Every coach has there wth moments in games, but he did win a lot of games for us.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2017, 04:11 PM

This was the very first sign that Melinda was a terrible play caller. Hand the ball to Dixon 4 times in a row and we score. We probably score on the 2nd attempt.

Political Hack
11-29-2017, 04:11 PM

7-5... Chad what’s his face (Jones I think?) single handedly beat us for LSU. One of the best punt returns I’ve ever seen and then stuffed us on the goal line stand.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 04:12 PM
This was the very first sign that Melinda was a terrible play caller. Hand the ball to Dixon 4 times in a row and we score. We probably score on the 2nd attempt.

Truth! Why do coaches always outsmart themselves. If Boobie can't score on 4 tries from the 1 no one can.

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2017, 04:13 PM

Should have went wildcat and let Boobie have 4 shots there. Tyson Lee wasn't very valuable that close to the goal line. He was a decent QB but too small for the one yard goal line package.

LibraryDawg
11-29-2017, 04:17 PM
Apparently Cohen told Bo that JoMo gave him a list of 17 possible DC's. Anyone have inside info of the names on that list?
https://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/status/935956272586940416

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 04:22 PM
Should have went wildcat and let Boobie have 4 shots there. Tyson Lee wasn't very valuable that close to the goal line. He was a decent QB but too small for the one yard goal line package.

Yep

TrapGame
11-29-2017, 04:25 PM

I heard back at the time that the play call was to pitch to Boobie but Tyson decided to keep it. Boobie was wide ass open waiting on the pitch.

Ezsoil
11-29-2017, 04:26 PM

7-5 ...Tyson should have pitched the ball to Boobie

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 04:27 PM
I heard back at the time that the play call was to pitch to Boobie but Tyson decided to keep it. Boobie was wide ass open waiting on the pitch.

He was, he would've walked in. I still have that game recorded.

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2017, 04:35 PM

Yep, Tyson saw a hole open but when he put his foot in the ground, it closed up. Boobie was WIDE OPEN.

RocketDawg
11-29-2017, 05:42 PM
Think Sirmon might be available .... ? **

Todd4State
11-29-2017, 05:50 PM
7-5... Chad what?s his face (Jones I think?) single handedly beat us for LSU. One of the best punt returns I?ve ever seen and then stuffed us on the goal line stand.

Boobie > Chad Jones

Dawg61
11-29-2017, 05:55 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT9DPHkjkNpJmjTY6A/giphy.gif

msbulldog
11-29-2017, 07:25 PM

Probably hell.

Spiderman
11-29-2017, 07:42 PM

It?s an important again yes, but give the man time.

You do know he recruited Cox, Banks, McPhee, Boyd don't you?

And Torbush didn't suck that bad. OM and Nutt, with the same offense put up 48 and could have put up 98 the year before if they had wanted. We were way more competitive on defense in 09

HoopsDawg
11-29-2017, 08:00 PM
We need to stick with the 3-4. It's not like there are great 3-4 coaches all over the place. Telling me Mullen hired Torbush his first year doesn't make me feel better. I'm worried.

Irondawg
11-29-2017, 08:03 PM
I'm still curious to see why Grantham decided to leave - if it was over money or other factors. Also still hopping we get a lot of Harbaugh to the NFL rumors in the next week that may have Brown reconsider

BulldogBear
11-29-2017, 08:09 PM
What about Rich Wright, head coach of Northwest Missouri State? This is his first year as HC, although doubles as DC, a position he's held since 2011. Number One D2 defense in 2017 allowing 212 ypg. Won D2 National Championship 2013, 2015, 2016.

I do not know what kind of scheme he runs.

ETA: Have allowed only 13 TD this season through 12 games

yjnkdawg
11-29-2017, 08:53 PM
Probably hell.

LOL Yeah, the probably was added for those who thought the sky is falling so they wouldn't panic. But if we could have gotten Brown from Michigan, provided he wanted to leave there, that hire woud have probably been $1.8 to $2 million because Harbaugh needs him bad and it would be a bidding war. That does show that Cohen and Moorhead are serious and are looking for an elite DC. Brown makes $1.4 million at Michigan.

MedDawg
11-29-2017, 08:57 PM

Dylan Favre would have scored