PDA

View Full Version : Cohen Interview w/ Bo Bounds

Big4Dawg
11-29-2017, 02:27 PM
http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=551&c=3041&f=6125033

Really good interview.

Stole these highlights from a poster on 247:

Says Joe had a list of 17 defensive coaches that he planned to talk to. He also had 3-4 Mississippi guys that he wants to vet and hopefully get on staff. Said he was more worried about taking care of his staff/coaches than he was about his contract. I think he gets it. He will only be as successful as the strength of the guys he puts around him. Cohen said JoMo's first call was to Fitzgerald. And then he started recruiting before the ink dried on his contract. Cohen says we may start hearing staff names this afternoon/tonight or tomorrow, forsure but Friday. Knox will coach the bowl and Joe will oversee practice and focus on recruiting.

dawgday166
11-29-2017, 02:30 PM
I listened earlier and loved the interview. Loved what Cohen said in negotiations he was more concerned about the staff's pay than his own.

Really Clark?
11-29-2017, 02:31 PM
Also mentioned that coach already knew our committed recruits by name and their talent and targets. Stated the talent in MS the next 3 years is going to be very good. This was during his interview. I think he gets recruiting just fine.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 02:31 PM
Hitting the ground running! Sounds like he's more worried about winning and getting things right with his players and staff than concerns for himself. Unselfish, I like that!

IMissJack
11-29-2017, 02:32 PM
http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=551&c=3041&f=6125033

Really good interview.

Stole these highlights from a poster on 247:

Says Joe had a list of 17 defensive coaches that he planned to talk to. He also had 3-4 Mississippi guys that he wants to vet and hopefully get on staff. Said he was more worried about taking care of his staff/coaches than he was about his contract. I think he gets it. He will only be as successful as the strength of the guys he puts around him. Cohen said JoMo's first call was to Fitzgerald. And then he started recruiting before the ink dried on his contract. Cohen says we may start hearing staff names this afternoon/tonight or tomorrow, forsure but Friday. Knox will coach the bowl and Joe will oversee practice and focus on recruiting.

I guess I don't understand why he could not coach the bowl, if overseeing practices. Not that anyone would expect a Grade A performance, he does have more experience than Knox.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 02:32 PM
Also mentioned that coach already knew our committed recruits by name and their talent and targets. Stated the talent in MS the next 3 years is going to be very good. This was during his interview. I think he gets recruiting just fine.

That can't be he's a yankee and not from here***********

Ifyouonlyknew
11-29-2017, 02:33 PM
I guess I don't understand why he could not coach the bowl, if overseeing practices. Not that anyone would expect a Grade A performance, he does have more experience than Knox.

Too short of a time frame to install his offense & he doesn't know Mullen offense.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2017, 02:36 PM

Cohen said observing practice would allow him to gain a more objective perspective on our roster while also offering him more time to lock down the signing class prior to the Dec signing day

IMissJack
11-29-2017, 02:38 PM
Too short of a time frame to install his offense & he doesn't know Mullen offense.

Lots of QB draw, Aeris up the middle, and a couple of intermediate range passes, and he has it.

Big4Dawg
11-29-2017, 02:38 PM
I'm sure he'll do all he can to help.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2017, 02:39 PM
Bingo. I think letting him recruit is priority 1. If he coached, I am not sure the guys will be ready to compete since he doesn't know the system and the guys do not know his. Let this man hit the road and find us 3 bluechip WR, CB, and OL to go with what we already have coming back and in.

Note: some of those WR, CB, and OL may be some of the same guys we have committed now. Just have to resell them on their future.

chef dixon
11-29-2017, 02:40 PM
It would be stupid for him to coach the bowl. All that would come from that is an overwhelmed freshman QB looking terrible and our fanbase melting for the entire offseason because of a meaningless game.

I would much rather him evaluate the team and focus on recruiting during this time.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2017, 02:40 PM
Still wish they would let Fitz Co-OC for the game. Could be an interesting learning experience about why plays are called.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 02:46 PM
Still wish they would let Fitz Co-OC for the game. Could be an interesting learning experience about why plays are called.

He might not be oc officially but I bet he has some input and you know he'll be right there coaching Key and the guys up.

NCDawg
11-29-2017, 02:47 PM

Listening to the guy talk, you can tell he's very intelligent.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 02:48 PM
Coach Mo needs to focus on recruiting and getting to know our players. This is a good chance for him to evaluate what we have and where he can make adjustments based on strengths and weaknesses, also a good chance for players he doesn't know to make a good impression. Players should take this as a chance to show out for the new coach in practice and the bowl.

Doggie_Style
11-29-2017, 02:53 PM
Coach Mo needs to focus on recruiting and getting to know our players. This is a good chance for him to evaluate what we have and where he can make adjustments based on strengths and weaknesses, also a good chance for players he doesn't know to make a good impression. Players should take this as a chance to show out for the new coach in practice and the bowl.

So who gets the W/L for this bowl game in the stats.....does it go to Mullet or MoJo

chef dixon
11-29-2017, 02:55 PM
So who gets the W/L for this bowl game in the stats.....does it go to Mullet or MoJo

Knox

Really Clark?
11-29-2017, 02:55 PM

Neither. The coach named as interim gets the record

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 02:58 PM

Win, Coach JoMO, Loss goes to lateral move lol

Knox is on the hook for win or loss.