PDA

View Full Version : The DC hire will determine...

preachermatt83
11-29-2017, 02:01 PM
if coach mo was the right choice. If he nails down a top notch DC then this could end up very very good. If he botches the DC hire we are in trouble.

Coldsleeve Jr.
11-29-2017, 02:10 PM
Been listening to BWalker?

True regardless. We’ve seen what a difference a good DC can make.

Activated Alpha
11-29-2017, 02:20 PM
This hire went from exciting to meh awfully quick if we don't hire a quality DC

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 02:20 PM
I'm pretty confident that Cohen and Coach Moorhead had a plan in place if they didn't get Grantham or Brown. I have confidence in their process.

preachermatt83
11-29-2017, 02:25 PM
This hire went from exciting to meh awfully quick if we don't hire a quality DC

I agree

sleepy dawg
11-29-2017, 02:26 PM
if coach mo was the right choice. If he nails down a top notch DC then this could end up very very good. If he botches the DC hire we are in trouble.

I don't think its that cut or dry. Mullen made good and bad choices too. Sirmon was a complete failure but he followed it up with the best hire of his career. 1 bad hire doesn't mean he was the wrong choice automatically.

Coldsleeve Jr.
I’m hoping the “we offering grantham 1.8 to stay” rumor is true from another thread. Although if UF wants him bad enough I’m sure they can match or beat that figure

mstatefan91
I’m hoping the “we offering grantham 1.8 to stay” rumor is true from another thread. Although if UF wants him bad enough I’m sure they can match or beat that figure

Don't think it's gonna be Grantham but would love to be wrong.

confucius say
11-29-2017, 02:35 PM

Well yes. But we could have hired the best DC in the country and if he hired woody mccorvey to run the offense it would have been a bad hire.

Hire high IQ people and trust them to do their job. We good.

Dawg61
11-29-2017, 02:40 PM

This is a garbage post. With 18 starters coming back and Moorhead running our offense with Fitz we are going to be better on offense next year so there's room for a slight downgrade in defense without losing more games. Mullen didn't have a great defensive coach till a couple years in.

yjnkdawg
11-29-2017, 02:41 PM
All ya'll who think the sky is falling because we haven't hired a DC yet, when it was only announced on twiiter last night that he was our HC coach, and worried about recruiting, money etc. need to listen to John Cohen's interview on Bo.

https://player.fm/series/the-out-of-bounds-show/

Dawgface
11-29-2017, 02:46 PM
Correct. Mullen had several garbage DC's and was the most successful HC in our history over a 9 year stint. I don't want anymore dud coordinators but let's don't be so dramatic.