PDA

View Full Version : So what if Moorhead and Brown aren't from the South?

Mutt the Hoople
11-29-2017, 08:00 AM
Northerners have been kicking southern ass for over 150 years. Besides, it might be nice that, with their connections, we could poach a Pennsylvania linebacker or midwestern lineman.

RocketDawg
11-29-2017, 08:14 AM
I couldn't care less where they're from. Those who want only Southerners on our coaching staff are still fighting the Civil War.

mparkerfd20
11-29-2017, 08:22 AM
Are you fuggers seriously building up a damn strawman so you can argue about something? I mean damn I've seen maybe 2 people say anything negative about it and 15 posts saying they are wrong. Give it a rest and let the man do his job.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-29-2017, 10:01 AM
Besides, it might be nice that, with their connections, we could poach a Pennsylvania linebacker or midwestern lineman.

How? They werent exactly tearing up the recruiting trail up there, what makes you think they can here?

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2017, 10:03 AM
Are you fuggers seriously building up a damn strawman so you can argue about something? I mean damn I've seen maybe 2 people say anything negative about it and 15 posts saying they are wrong. Give it a rest and let the man do his job.

Go over to 24/7. Some of the old Genes Page folks are upset about it. It’s just plain nuts.

mparkerfd20
11-29-2017, 10:14 AM
Go over to 24/7. Some of the old Genes Page folks are upset about it. It’s just plain nuts.

Geesh. We have some of the stupidest fans in our fanbase in all of college football.

BB30
11-29-2017, 11:03 AM
How? They werent exactly tearing up the recruiting trail up there, what makes you think they can here?

We won't ever have the jimmys and joes to beat the Bammas and LSUs on talent alone unless we continue to build on the winning foundation Mullen laid. We had to go get an Xs and Os guy that can develop QBs and we did just that. We honestly don't know how well he will recruit or what his finished staff will look like. If he can bring in some guys that can recruit the south we will be fine. He will keep some guys on that know MS in and out.

Recruiting doesn't magically get better before the program does. If we keep winning kids will take notice. Lets see how he does before we decide he can't recruit.

Ari Gold
11-29-2017, 11:06 AM
If this guy was the OC at FSU or a Clemson or Texas , all these people would have hard ons and saying it is the best hire yet.
Let's see what kind of staff he puts together, how he is with high school coaches and Juco guys , ( Mullen wasn't the most popular by any means ) and how he handles recruiting ( which Mullen finally got a grasp of the last couple of years here)
He will retain the recruintg staff , from what I am told , and with OM about to face total destruction for the next few years his recruiting side of the job just got a little easier ..