PDA

View Full Version : On Moorhead from PSU fan

psufan1622
11-29-2017, 07:08 AM
I'll preface by saying I am an incredibly strong follower of PSU football. I have watched every game coach JM has served as OC over the last two years. Most of those games twice (live for home games and then the tv recorded version at home).

Not surprised at all by Joe leaving - guy deserved this.

Listen, Joe Moorhead dramatically changed football at Penn State. His offense is incredibly dynamic and he is - outside of the extreme talent of Barkley and the emergence of Trace McSorely after Hackenberg left (he was an extremely overrated college QB) - the #1 reason we have been a top 10 team over the last two years.

Remember - the year before Moorehead had arrived, we were among the worst offenses in the country.

The offense features heavy RPO elements and spread formation. (Penn State hasnt taken a snap under center since 2015). It requires a smart qb that can make a quick read and is shifty enough to gain atleast 5-8 yards if his running back is taken away. Mcsorley was fantastic at keeping the ball, as almost every team we played sold out on Barkley, he made them pay. Fitzgerald has the talent to do so.

Joe is extremely confident and his players respond to it. He has been known to predict long plays we would score on to his players on a weekly basis. I will warn you that he tends to start slow in the first half. The offense reacts to what the defense is doing, and Moorehead is at his best after seeing about two complete offensive series. Last year, it seemed we would get 5 to 6 huge chunk plays in thesecond half every game after coach JM made adjustments.

I could go over more, but you guys will read up on him. Bottom line, if he gets the right DC, I dont see how this hire isnt a huge homerun for you. I can guarantee you that if Franklin were to leave or falter for any reason, Joe will be our AD's first phone call. As successful as Franklin has been, many fans here would rather have him in charge.

msbulldog
11-29-2017, 07:13 AM
Thank you for your thoughts.

MarketingBully
11-29-2017, 07:19 AM
Awesome! Thanks for your input!

Reason2succeed
11-29-2017, 07:26 AM
Thanks. The Moor I hear the Moor I love the hire.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2017, 08:14 AM
Wow. Great stuff. Thanks

Bdawg
11-29-2017, 08:42 AM
Thanks a lot. I must say I have really enjoyed reading all the psu comments on twitter. All the people were super complimentary of him and very cordial and nice in all the conversations I read. Had to give your fans props for this!!

msudawg1200
11-29-2017, 08:54 AM
You mean he actually makes halftime adjustments? Wow, that'll be a new concept here.

BulldogBear
11-29-2017, 08:58 AM
Thanks. The Moor I hear the Moor I love the hire.

Same here

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 09:09 AM
Appreciate the info!

BulldogDX55
11-29-2017, 09:26 AM
I think we have a winner.

BHildreth3
11-29-2017, 09:35 AM
Great stuff - please keep posting more information!

Political Hack
11-29-2017, 09:52 AM
I’m all in. Sold on this guy since reading about him for hours last night. He’s a guru. I’ve got two good Penn State friends that are bummed about losing him but knew it was inevitable. I haven’t heard a negative word about the guy yet.

Really Clark?
11-29-2017, 10:05 AM
I’m all in. Sold on this guy since reading about him for hours last night. He’s a guru. I’ve got two good Penn State friends that are bummed about losing him but knew it was inevitable. I haven’t heard a negative word about the guy yet.

The only negatives have come from our own fans. Everywhere else in the country is raving over this hire and how we conducted our search.

MeridianDog
11-29-2017, 10:10 AM
Good, no excellent 1st post.

RougeDawg
11-29-2017, 10:34 AM
The only negatives have come from our own fans. Everywhere else in the country is raving over this hire and how we conducted our search.

Would you expect anything less? Every single one of our radio guys continuously talks about how shitty Starkville is and how we will never get a decent coach. Then when we get one, we will never keep a good coach. Then when a coach leaves, rinse and repeat. Whereas another school in the State continually creates a false perception of a shit town ynconrunoualy promoting it. .

Turfdawg67
11-29-2017, 11:02 AM
https://s2.postimg.org/slyb1tr6x/IMG_0333.gif

Yes, Yes... YES!