PDA

View Full Version : What a well handled search

somebodyshotmypaw
11-28-2017, 11:52 PM
Keenum and Cohen deserve props for the process

1. They obviously had a game plan drawn up a long time ago on how to handle the logistics of a search.
2. Where is homebase? Atlanta for ease of travel and anonymity.
3. What are you looking for? They obviously had a blueprint. Remember Ole Miss searching for a proven and experienced head coach and hiring Orgeron.
4. Media only knew what Cohen and the candidates wanted them to know.
5. Candidates were vetted well. None of the names were embarrassments.
6. We were clean and concise and thorough. But timely without feeling rushed.

The bottom line is that failure to prepare is preparing to fail. We were prepared. We had a plan and followed it. Only time will tell the ultimate success of the hire, but I damn sure can't fault the process. Handled like true professionals.

It's like first responders having a plan for natural disasters. How good is your plan, and how well do you follow it?

smootness
11-28-2017, 11:55 PM
Cohen completely nailed this, from start to finish.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 11:57 PM
Cohen is a stud. He blew the national media away. It ain?t po ole mstate anymore. Those days are dead and gone. Let?s enjoy the ride.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-29-2017, 12:02 AM
Cohen is a stud. He blew the national media away. It ain?t po ole mstate anymore. Those days are dead and gone. Let?s enjoy the ride.

I will admit that during the AD search I kept visualizing Cohen in his ballcap dog-cussing an umpire. I wasn't sure how Cohen would do in a coat and tie. Could he be a polished professional, or was he no more than a dirtbag baseball guy? Cohen has been legit. He can be a polished and professional administrator, while still showing these candidates his burning desire to compete and win.

anubus
11-29-2017, 12:11 AM
And if Don Brown comes on board as dc.....I'm already forgetting the worst Thanksgiving and weekend ever!

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 12:13 AM
And if Don Brown comes on board as dc.....I'm already forgetting the worst Thanksgiving and weekend ever!

Lol same here!

msstatelp1
11-29-2017, 12:16 AM
I will admit that during the AD search I kept visualizing Cohen in his ballcap dog-cussing an umpire. I wasn't sure how Cohen would do in a coat and tie. Could he be a polished professional, or was he no more than a dirtbag baseball guy? Cohen has been legit. He can be a polished and professional administrator, while still showing these candidates his burning desire to compete and win.

Just visualize Cohen in his ballcap dog-cussing Sexton. It's a much better image.

Speaking of which, does anyone know who Joe Moorhead's agent is?

somebodyshotmypaw
11-29-2017, 12:18 AM
Speaking of which, does anyone know who Joe Moorhead's agent is?

Pat McCrotch. I'm sorry, the Moorhead name brings out the 7th grader in me.

smootness
11-29-2017, 12:23 AM

If Grantham sticks around, then next year looks just as promising as it did before Mullen left.

If Don Brown comes, we may win the SEC.

Skydawg1
11-29-2017, 12:23 AM
And if Don Brown comes on board as dc.....I'm already forgetting the worst Thanksgiving and weekend ever!Lord this is the truth...