PDA

View Full Version : New Article on Moorhead

CovertDawg
11-28-2017, 11:44 PM
http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2017/11/penn_state_moorhead_mississipp.html

Great article on Coach Moorhead. The author of the article believes MSU got a special man and coach.

"Which brings us to the other part of being a major-college head coach these days, in many ways the more important part - selling oneself. To boosters, to fans, to players. Before you can teach 18-to-23-year-olds how to run a football game, you must reach them as people. I think Moorhead can do the former because he's really good at the latter. He's not just an intelligent tactician, he's the sort of guy players want to please. So, they work harder at learning. They trust what he says and they listen to it - because they believe he will allow them to succeed."

Lloyd Christmas
11-29-2017, 12:09 AM
http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2017/11/penn_state_moorhead_mississipp.html

Everyone needs to read this article.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2017, 12:50 AM
This is gonna work.

We are taking this thing to the next level.

It entire thing just adds up & makes sense.

Reason2succeed
11-29-2017, 01:05 AM
It sounds like we didn’t just get an upgrade of Mullen but we also got Hugh Freeze minus the cheating rat bastard with a Messiah complex part. If dude can coach and connect we may have hit the jackpot. Southerners just want someone real down to earth and relatable. They want to know that you have their best interest at heart. It Joe can sell that...watch out!

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 01:07 AM
This is gonna work.

We are taking this thing to the next level.

It entire thing just adds up & makes sense.

I agree. And you know all the talking heads were just waiting for us to screw this up and hire a nobody. And now they?re being blown away by the hire.Cohen showed the media and these blue blood programs how to conduct a coaching search. There was an article the other day that said can Mississippi State ever be good again without lateral move. Yeah we gonna be even better.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 01:09 AM
It sounds like we didn’t just get an upgrade of Mullen but we also got Hugh Freeze minus the cheating rat bastard with a Messiah complex part. If dude can coach and connect we may have hit the jackpot. Southerners just want someone real down to earth and relatable. They want to know that you have their best interest at heart. It Joe can sell that...watch out!

All signs point to him being extremely likeable and players love playing for him. Christian, family man, down to earth. Not flashy or arrogant. A good fit for our program.

Dawg61
11-29-2017, 01:44 AM
Read this sports illustrated article on Moorhead (sorry if germans)

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/09/20/joe-moorhead-penn-state-offense-fordham

Bullmutt
11-29-2017, 12:29 PM
Did anyone read the "comments" attached to the article? All positive.

idog
11-29-2017, 02:03 PM
Read this sports illustrated article on Moorhead (sorry if germans)

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/09/20/joe-moorhead-penn-state-offense-fordham

State gets no respect year in and year out. In Moorhead have a coach whose mentality fits. At media days i fully expect him to say "You picked us last again in the West? Want to make a bet?..."

from article:
"We were literally like the Indians in Major League. Give us s----y buses. Give us a s----y weight room. We?re gonna figure it out and win 12 games a year."

Dawg61
11-29-2017, 02:26 PM
State gets no respect year in and year out. In Moorhead have a coach whose mentality fits. At media days i fully expect him to say "You picked us last again in the West? Want to make a bet?..."

from article:
"We were literally like the Indians in Major League. Give us s----y buses. Give us a s----y weight room. We?re gonna figure it out and win 12 games a year."

From the brief articles I have read it sounds like Moorhead has a pretty good sense of humor and likes to joke around a little. I think we are all going to really like this guy.