PDA

View Full Version : As far as recruiting goes

DudyDawg
11-28-2017, 11:24 PM
Our last coach had SEC ties. Even won titles at another SEC school. Now I try not to follow recruiting too much, but seems to me he wasn?t exactly killing it on the recruiting trail. So why does everyone assume Moorhead won?t be able to recruit? Seems to me a guy who just completely changed a major programs offense and made a serious heisman contender out of their running back would have a pretty good pitch to sell recruits, especially on that side of the ball. Why the concern before he is even officially announced?

bluelightstar
11-28-2017, 11:26 PM
I know LSU recruits well, but Saban had no ties to the South before going to LSU, right?

civildawg
11-28-2017, 11:27 PM
If Cohen hired him then he has faith in his recruiting. Cohen ain?t hiring him if he can?t recruit

drummerdawg
11-28-2017, 11:27 PM
I think he'll be fine down the road and he might be fine now with our offensive recruits. I think the concern right now is him keeping this class together because he doesn't have a relationship with them yet. He could be great in the future though.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 11:29 PM
I?m sure Cohen and Coach Moorhead have a plan. If you know anything about Cohen you know he?s detail driven and he didn?t make this hire without a plan

Leroy Jenkins
11-28-2017, 11:30 PM
Our old staff was LAZY AS FUUUUUUUCK and complacent when it came to recruiting.

BorneDawg
11-28-2017, 11:32 PM
If we don't keep the receivers in this class idc how good he is we're still gonna have problems next year. I think that's what the worry is about. Neither coach has any ties to the south

DudyDawg
11-28-2017, 11:39 PM
If we don't keep the receivers in this class idc how good he is we're still gonna have problems next year. I think that's what the worry is about. Neither coach has any ties to the south

I hear you there.... but why do ties to the South matter as far as keeping those guys for next year? Like i said, I don?t follow recruiting much, but seems to me a guy being able to sell an offense like his would be intriguing for guys committed to us.

BeardoMSU
11-28-2017, 11:40 PM

You need to change your handle to "DebbieDowner", bra.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 11:42 PM
I hear you there.... but why do ties to the South matter as far as keeping those guys for next year? Like i said, I don?t follow recruiting much, but seems to me a guy being able to sell an offense like his would be intriguing for guys committed to us.

You?re right. Having ties to the south doesn?t matter. Cohen didn?t hire him without a plan for recruiting. Saban didn?t have ties to the south when he came to lsu either and others is well. Kids want to play for a winner and a coach that can develop them. They don?t give a crap where they come from

yjnkdawg
11-28-2017, 11:44 PM

Cohen didn't fall off a watermelon truck and hit his head on the pavement. I don't understand all this "ties to the south" rhetoric. If Cohen had thought this was an issue, he would have gone in a different direction.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 11:45 PM
Cohen didn't fall off a watermelon truck and hit his head on the pavement. I don't understand all this "ties to the south" rhetoric. If Cohen had thought this was an issue, he would have gone in a different direction.

Exactly! That stuff is just sonething for people to bitch about. Gotta have sonething since hev is gone lol

yjnkdawg
11-28-2017, 11:50 PM
Some on 247 are moaning and groaning and bitching He can't recruit ? He's not from the south? etc. According to the national media we get a slam dunk hire, and some of our fans can't comprehend that.

yjnkdawg
11-28-2017, 11:51 PM
Exactly! That stuff is just sonething for people to bitch about. Gotta have sonething since hev is gone lol

LOL True.

Mimi's Babies
11-28-2017, 11:52 PM
We need to help this RECRUIT out.....

Take the time to VOTE for Marcus Murphy..... He's the recruit from West Point..... Let's do this.. vote more than once.....

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/poll-vote-for-the-super-25-top-star-week-14-2

BorneDawg
11-28-2017, 11:53 PM
Well y'all set me straight appreciate it. Didn't realize recruiting is so easy since a nobody like Saban with no ties to the south could walk in and do it at pittyful ole lsu. I truly hope your right and it a non issue. Just been thru so many years of being so close to turning the corner and then only to take a step backwards

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 11:53 PM
Some on 247 are moaning and groaning and bitching He can't recruit ? He's not from the south? etc. According to the national media we get a slam dunk hire, and some of our fans can't comprehend that.

Absolutely unbelievable! All these other ADs out there screwing up coaching hires and our AD hits a grand slam! We made the national media stand up and take note. We ain?t po ole mstate anymore. Thank you Cohen!

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 11:54 PM
Well y'all set me straight appreciate it. Didn't realize recruiting is so easy since a nobody like Saban with no ties to the south could walk in and do it at pittyful ole lsu. I truly hope your right and it a non issue. Just been thru so many years of being so close to turning the corner and then only to take a step backwards

John Cohen wasn?t doing the hiring before. It ain?t the old days.

This is a step forward not backwards

DudyDawg
11-28-2017, 11:59 PM

I don?t understand what you would rather have done? Pruitt? I don?t think someone getting good classes as a coordinator at arguably 3 of the top 10 programs in the country proves they are a great recruiter.

BorneDawg
11-28-2017, 11:59 PM
Well good I want to see the good guys hit it big before I die!

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 12:03 AM
Well good I want to see the good guys hit it big before I die!

I?m with ya on that! I?m getting older and would love to see a sec championship and better before I go

Mimi's Babies
11-29-2017, 12:14 AM
John Cohen wasn?t doing the hiring before. It ain?t the old days.

This is a step forward not backwards

??? It was told to me today that it was Sexton's office that leaked Pruitt's name... (true or not)

Since Cohen did not hire a employment agency to vet the Coach could Cohen been trying to distant himself from Sexton and his media leaks? Just curious...

Commercecomet24
11-29-2017, 12:25 AM
??? It was told to me today that it was Sexton's office that leaked Pruitt's name... (true or not)

Since Cohen did not hire a employment agency to vet the Coach could Cohen been trying to distant himself from Sexton and his media leaks? Just curious...

Yeah it looks like it was Sexton that was pimpin Pruitt yesterday. I would?nt doubt one bit Cohen is trying to stay away from that jerk. Well played Cohen!

Really Clark?
11-29-2017, 12:28 AM
Pruitt (Or Sexton) also wanted to wait and see how FSU and others played out