PDA

View Full Version : Grantham is gone guys.

Homedawg
11-28-2017, 10:39 PM
So stop worrying about it.

BorneDawg
11-28-2017, 10:40 PM
so we have a HC and DC with no southern ties and recruiting experience and we will be ok?????? Great

Coach007
11-28-2017, 10:41 PM
Based on?

mparkerfd20
11-28-2017, 10:42 PM

This is the opposite of what I am hearing.

Cloak
11-28-2017, 10:43 PM

Until you offer some solid evidence, there's no reason to believe this.

Edit - Nevermind

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2017, 10:44 PM
Opposite of what Im hearing too

TrapGame
11-28-2017, 10:47 PM
RogueDawg said his source told him Grantham was open to staying with a good offensive minded head coach and a big raise for himself.

RagMag
11-28-2017, 10:48 PM
I really don't care if he leaves. The new HC will square that shit away.

Dawg61
11-28-2017, 10:49 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/aSkOaoVN8Llao/giphy.gif

Homedawg
11-28-2017, 10:51 PM
Opposite of what Im hearing too

Well I'd love to be wrong. Not what people close to him are saying and I'll leave it at that.

BulldogDX55
11-28-2017, 10:53 PM
24/7 reporting that the DC will be Don Brown from Michigan.

Downsides: older, yankee
Upsides: last two defenses were 1st and 3rd nationally.

We gotta keep our younger position/off the field coaches around to shore up recruiting.

BorneDawg
11-28-2017, 10:55 PM
if thats true then we can kiss this class good bye......

Sacrifice
11-28-2017, 10:57 PM
24/7 reporting that the DC will be Don Brown from Michigan.

Downsides: older, yankee
Upsides: last two defenses were 1st and 3rd nationally.

We gotta keep our younger position/off the field coaches around to shore up recruiting.

If we get Don Brown that would be unbelievable. Hes one of the top DCs in the country. He had one of the best Ds in the country when he was at Boston College before Michigan

Homedawg
11-28-2017, 10:57 PM
Until you offer some solid evidence, there's no reason to believe this.

Ok

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-28-2017, 10:59 PM
Don Brown? That seems way way out of left field.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 10:59 PM
If we get Don Brown that would be unbelievable. Hes one of the top DCs in the country. He had one of the best Ds in the country when he was at Boston College before Michigan

This. Don Brown is s stud.

Coach007
11-28-2017, 11:03 PM
247 is saying Grantham isn't out of the picture. Just looked. MSU is making it clear to him they want him to stay. They have approcahed him "TWICE" about it.

Really Clark?
11-28-2017, 11:05 PM
Don Brown? That seems way way out of left field.

Not really. He and Moorhead coached together at UConn

msstate7
11-28-2017, 11:12 PM
Brown a 3-4 or 4-3 guy?

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2017, 11:17 PM
Brown a 3-4 or 4-3 guy?

3-4. But he's 62 years old farthest south hes ever coached was Maryland

Coach007
11-28-2017, 11:18 PM
Brown a 3-4 or 4-3 guy?

They call him Dr Blitz....

Don Brown insisted this all off-season. Despite the roster turnover, the defense is the defense.

Michigan’s defensive coordinator was not about to change his core approach due to youth and inexperience.

That means he’s going to bring pressure. He’s going to confuse people. He’s going to have surprises. And if you’re a redshirt freshman quarterback who has never played in college, he’s probably going to terrify you.

Feleipe Franks, welcome to college football. Meet Dr. Blitz.

To put it bluntly: Brown coached circles around Florida coach Jim McElwain and offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier on Saturday during a 33-17 win over the Gators in Texas. U-M threw a variety of different looks at the Gators early and, from there, Michigan’s speed and Florida’s overall uncertainty were the main ingredients to a rather dominant day.

Dawg61
11-28-2017, 11:25 PM
Umm Don Brown has had the #1 defense in 2015 at Boston College and the #1 and #3 defenses at Michigan. Here's what Harbaugh said about him.

ANN ARBOR - Hiring Don Brown as Michigan's defensive coordinator was one of the easiest decisions head coach Jim Harbaugh has ever made.

"It was good," Harbaugh said on Monday's "Inside Michigan Football" radio show, recalling his interview with Brown before he was hired prior to the 2016 season. "I knew I wanted to hire him before we even talked. I said, 'I want you to be the defense coordinator for the University of Michigan.' You just look at his track record, everything he has touched has turned to gold."

The Wolverines allowed the fewest points in the nation last year under Brown and have taken another step forward in 2017. They have given up the fewest yards per game (203) and lead the country in sacks (18).

Yes, there is significant talent on that side of the ball, but Brown's astute defensive mind deserves ample credit, Harbaugh said.

"I would say he is one of the best coaches in the history of the game, and I have been on a lot of teams, have been around a lot of coaches," Harbaugh said. "Don Brown is right there at the very top at the very highest level in my opinion. Tremendous teacher. Great guy, great character. He showers us with his virtues daily."

LC Dawg
11-28-2017, 11:30 PM
Umm Don Brown has had the #1 defense in 2015 at Boston College and the #1 and #3 defenses at Michigan. Here's what Harbaugh said about him.

Mississippi State fans: Don?t want him. He?s old and a yankee.

Sometimes I think we don?t deserve someone like Cohen but I?m damn glad we got him.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 11:32 PM
Mississippi State fans: Don?t want him. He?s old and a yankee.

Sometimes I think we don?t deserve someone like Cohen but I?m damn glad we got him.

Amen!

BayouDawg
11-28-2017, 11:32 PM
?He showers us with his virtues daily."

That just seems like a creepy choice of words by ol Jim.

msstate7
11-28-2017, 11:34 PM
If brown is following Moorhead, that is quite an endorsement for our new coach

Dawg61
11-28-2017, 11:36 PM
?He showers us with his virtues daily."

That just seems like a creepy choice of words by ol Jim.

It's Jim Harbaugh he says weird shit constantly. Sorry but I literally can't hear anything after #1 defense in the nation in 2015 at Boston College #1 in 2016 #3 in 2017 at Michigan.

StoneDawg
11-28-2017, 11:36 PM
so we have a HC and DC with no southern ties and recruiting experience and we will be ok?????? Great

Just like a state fan to find something to bitch about. Be grateful we hit a grand slam. 🤯

smootness
11-28-2017, 11:37 PM
If we claim to not want Don Brown because of his age and where he's from, then we don't deserve a quality program.

People get way too caught up on recruiting. We'll do just fine there. What a program like ours needs is top-notch coaching. We'll never pull in top 5 classes, so we need people who can coach them up.

Don Brown would be a massive, insane grand slam. He is definitely better than Grantham, and it's not particularly close.

BeardoMSU

No shit. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Chip Kelley spurred UCLA and chose being our Morehead's OC instead. ****. Yeah.**

starkvegasdawg
If he?s gone he?s gone. Maybe his replacement can coach our secondary to not let receivers consistently get 10 yards behind them.

BayouDawg
I?m ecstatic with this hire! And if he has the kind of stroke to bring in that type of DC then we may have just made the big time boys!

Dallas_Dawg
11-28-2017, 11:38 PM
Hate to be the one to ask but why is he leaving Michigan to come to Starkville? Michigan is a blue blood.
Not trying to be Debbie downer but it?s a fair question.
Maybe Harbaugh to the NFL?

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 11:38 PM
[QUOTE=smootness;849557]If we claim to not want Don Brown because of his age and where he's from, then we don't deserve a quality program.

People get way too caught up on recruiting. We'll do just fine there. What a program like ours needs is top-notch coaching. We'll never pull in top 5 classes, so we need people who can coach them up.

Don Brown would be a massive, insane grand slam. He is definitely better than Grantham, and it's not particularly close.[/QUOTE ]

This x 1000

Dawg61
11-28-2017, 11:39 PM

Yea someone needs to get on the Michigan boards. Those dudes don't hold anything back. I actually listened to the Ohio State/Michigan game on radio driving home on Saturday and the Michigan radio guys are blunt when they don't like things. I then listened to the Iron Bowl with the Auburn announcers and they are the worst homers I have ever heard in my life. I highly recommend never listening to Auburn's radio announcers ever. Sorry I am rambling now

BorneDawg
11-28-2017, 11:40 PM

Dawg61
11-28-2017, 11:42 PM
Hate to be the one to ask but why is he leaving Michigan to come to Starkville? Michigan is a blue blood.
Not trying to be Debbie downer but it?s a fair question.
Maybe Harbaugh to the NFL?

I take it to mean Moorhead is his boy and he wants to help him win. He'd get greater pleasure in helping his good friend win in the SEC than staying at blue blood Michigan with Harbaugh. That's all I would take from it. Michigan ain't so fun when they can't beat Ohio State.

Ari Gold
11-28-2017, 11:43 PM
If he is gone it wouldn't of mattered who we hired he wasn't staying.
Morris or Pruitt.

Coach007
11-28-2017, 11:44 PM
If we claim to not want Don Brown because of his age and where he's from, then we don't deserve a quality program.

Don Brown would be a massive, insane grand slam. He is definitely better than Grantham, and it's not particularly close.

I remember that Mullen would not do well because he was a yankee

Sacrifice
11-28-2017, 11:51 PM
I?m actually good with the age part. Maybe we won?t lose DCs every 1 to 2 years now

State82
11-28-2017, 11:51 PM
If there's one thing I've learned in the past few weeks, it's that this place is chock full of idiots.

Dawgcap
11-28-2017, 11:54 PM
I really think we have a coach that was hired that has a game plan to win. I believe our AD listened to this plan through the interview process. Based on that I trust that we will have the best coaches in place to win next year and the following years! If we don't achieve goals things will be addressed. No hire will ever be perfect it just has to be as close to perfect as we can hope!

Activated Alpha
11-28-2017, 11:56 PM
Yea someone needs to get on the Michigan boards. Those dudes don't hold anything back. I actually listened to the Ohio State/Michigan game on radio driving home on Saturday and the Michigan radio guys are blunt when they don't like things. I then listened to the Iron Bowl with the Auburn announcers and they are the worst homers I have ever heard in my life. I highly recommend never listening to Auburn's radio announcers ever. Sorry I am rambling now

Don't bother. Our boards aren't nearly as entertaining as this one. On one hand I'm bummed about losing Brown because even if our offense blew, which I knew it would this year, I could rely on our defense to keep us in games. This would be a great get for State.

PS my 2nd love is Miss State after Michigan

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 11:58 PM
I really think we have a coach that was hired that has a game plan to win. I believe our AD listened to this plan through the interview process. Based on that I trust that we will have the best coaches in place to win next year and the following years! If we don't achieve goals things will be addressed. No hire will ever be perfect it just has to be as close to perfect as we can hope!

Very well said?

starkvegasdawg
11-28-2017, 11:59 PM

Michigan fans seem to be elated Morehead is gone from pedophile U.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/ot-joe-moorhead-be-named-hc-miss-state

Percho
11-29-2017, 12:03 AM
if thats true then we can kiss this class good bye......

W H Y?

Dawg61
11-29-2017, 12:42 AM
Michigan fans seem to be elated Morehead is gone from pedophile U.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/ot-joe-moorhead-be-named-hc-miss-state

Haha one of them said this was the best news they've gotten in months. Be interesting to see what that poster says if Brown is coming with Moorhead.

Spiderman
11-29-2017, 12:50 AM

Somethings all screwed up. We are agreeing too much lately.

If he could swing that, it speaks volumes. Think about it, talking a career Yankee into making what 99% of the football world sees as a step down from Michigan to State.

That's a hell of a recruiting job. And you are 100% correct, that is the best endorsement.

Not saying it happens, but if so, WOW!

Spiderman
11-29-2017, 01:09 AM
If there's one thing I've learned in the past few weeks, it's that this place is chock full of idiots.

Ha, what took you so long?

SPMT
11-29-2017, 05:24 AM
If Grantham is gone and Brown replaces.....big 17n deal. Browns name and pedigree will recruit itself.

Kids use google these days.