PDA

View Full Version : No matter who goes or stays

gravedigger
11-28-2017, 08:34 PM
I want you all to know these coaches families have been great friends and family to us in Starkville. My sons are both close to one of the assistants sons and me and my wife have enjoyed the friendship of one of the coaches wives. This is a sad time for some inspite of scores and bowl games.

Be mindful with your comments. These are human beings who have bled maroon for years. They are great people.

Sincerely,

Digger

MeridianDog
11-28-2017, 08:36 PM
Peace on them.

They locked onto their man's coattails and are gone now.

They will be fine and will likely find many new friends down in alligator land.

Hard to think otherwise.

RagMag
11-28-2017, 08:49 PM
It's a job. People move on to better things. The best way I leave a job is to have every project wrapped up with a bow for the new hire. To me that's the way Dan left State...and I think that's pretty darn awesome.

Acid mouth
11-28-2017, 09:01 PM
I want you all to know these coaches families have been great friends and family to us in Starkville. My sons are both close to one of the assistants sons and me and my wife have enjoyed the friendship of one of the coaches wives. This is a sad time for some inspite of scores and bowl games.

Be mindful with your comments. These are human beings who have bled maroon for years. They are great people.

Sincerely,

Digger

I would think that very few have harsh feelings toward the assistant coaches and it?s probably split on Mullen. Coaching is their job and that paycheck is what keeps their loyalty. If they find a substantially higher paying job, lateral move or not, I would expect them to take it. Now it would be different if they graduated from State, had family deeply rooted in State, had countless lifetime State friends, and given an job opportunity at State when no one else would?ve considered it. What once was thought to be The Grasshopper was nothing more than a two timing Cicada

sleepy dawg
11-28-2017, 09:04 PM
It's a job. People move on to better things. The best way I leave a job is to have every project wrapped up with a bow for the new hire. To me that's the way Dan left State...and I think that's pretty darn awesome.

False. When you leave your job you don't get to come back and untie some of those bows. He is actively opening our box of recruits he left us with and I'm pretty sure when you start poaching people from your old job, your old job isn't feeling too good about you any more. You go from a friend to an acquaintance to an enemy real quick with that sh*t.

sleepy dawg
11-28-2017, 09:05 PM
I would think that very few have harsh feelings toward the assistant coaches and it?s probably split on Mullen. Coaching is their job and that paycheck is what keeps their loyalty. If they find a substantially higher paying job, lateral move or not, I would expect them to take it. Now it would be different if they graduated from State, had family deeply rooted in State, had countless lifetime State friends, and given an job opportunity at State when no one else would?ve considered it. What once was thought to be The Grasshopper was nothing more than a two timing Cicada

+1

viverlibre
11-28-2017, 09:07 PM
save your tears for kids with cancer.

Leroy Jenkins
11-28-2017, 09:08 PM

Sincerely,

Digger

No one faults people for moving on.... usually the hard feelings come as a result of how things are done.

RagMag
11-28-2017, 09:52 PM
False. When you leave your job you don't get to come back and untie some of those bows. He is actively opening our box of recruits he left us with and I'm pretty sure when you start poaching people from your old job, your old job isn't feeling too good about you any more. You go from a friend to an acquaintance to an enemy real quick with that sh*t.

Yep...and I take people too. And when the old employer asks why...they say because they like working for me and that that he went to bat for me when it counted. It happens everyday in every other job on the planet.

Remimds me of one of my favorite quotes from the Ragin Cajun himself..."awwww hell...their ain't a job on this planet that ain't got politics in it...so unless you can run the fastest...or paint a master portrait? You just need to bend over and take it cuz."

RagMag
11-28-2017, 09:57 PM
Do you think any serious alabama fan is swearin' and sweatin' over JP leaving like we are over Grantham? Nope.

sleepy dawg
11-28-2017, 10:16 PM
Yep...and I take people too. And when the old employer asks why...they say because they like working for me and that that he went to bat for me when it counted. It happens everyday in every other job on the planet.

Remimds me of one of my favorite quotes from the Ragin Cajun himself..."awwww hell...their ain't a job on this planet that ain't got politics in it...so unless you can run the fastest...or paint a master portrait? You just need to bend over and take it cuz."

Its fine that you think that way, but don't try to convince us its the best way to leave a job and we should all be happy for him and sing his praises. He's gone. Its business. He's a dick. Expect to catch hell about it.

RagMag
11-28-2017, 10:28 PM
Well...he took State to number 1 for the first time in its histpry and left it better than he found it. He left it for arguably one of the top ten college coaching positions in the United States. Every single coach interviewin for this job is thinking..."I can use State as my stepping stone too...if DM could do it...so can I."

Maroonthirteen
11-28-2017, 10:50 PM

When you leave said job do you try to convince the customers to follow you to the next job? Do you swipe all the office supplies and talk a few coworkers into leaving with you?

Reason2succeed
11-28-2017, 10:57 PM
When you leave said job do you try to convince the customers to follow you to the next job? Do you swipe all the office supplies and talk a few coworkers into leaving with you?

Their not your players till they sign the dotted line. Mullen is just playing the game. Coaching always has and always will be a cutthroat business. That's why most of you aren't making the millions. You have to have a certain level of slimy-ness to get to the top. I am appreciative of what he did at State. I will cheer for him other than when they are playing State. Now on to the Moorhead era!!! Hail State!

Doggie_Style
11-28-2017, 10:59 PM
Well...he took State to number 1 for the first time in its histpry and left it better than he found it. He left it for arguably one of the top ten college coaching positions in the United States. Every single coach interviewin for this job is thinking..."I can use State as my stepping stone too...if DM could do it...so can I."

Actually the way Dick Move and his lying wife left MSU was a disgrace. They lied to the players, their neighbors and the fans. I hope their short time in Florida is miserable.

RagMag
11-28-2017, 11:05 PM

Not customers...are you a gator fan now? Not product either...is UF using MSU trademarks? If so then we will have enough money to hire Bellichek. Employees? Yes...I would take employees that decided THEY wanted to come with me. Unless they had a noncompete agreement which is apparently a no go in the college football coaching industry.