PDA

View Full Version : UFs Investment

BrunswickDawg
11-28-2017, 08:34 PM
So to get Dick Move, The Cheerleader had to:
Buy out McIlwain at $7.5 million
Pay Dan?s MSU buyout of $500k
And pay Dan $6.1 million a year for 6 years

That?s $44.6 million invested to get an 8 win coach. That leash those two are on is gonna short.

Pollodawg
11-28-2017, 08:38 PM
Yup. People want to credit Dan for everything good that has happened here since he got here, but let’s not forget that this university would have gotten behind anyone with a pulse and invested the way we did. It wasn’t all just Dan. A lot of it was MSU’s commitment to better football starting with Byrne.

Political Hack
11-28-2017, 08:40 PM
What makes me laugh is that Chip Kelly took less money to go to UCLA. Gundy said no thanks. Frost said no thanks.

bgover4
11-28-2017, 08:42 PM
He also got a guaranteed a 6year/12M buyout. He can go over there and lose to FSU and UGA every year for 5 years, and not recruit at all and get paid 12M if they boot him before his contract is finished.

Hrdawg82
11-28-2017, 09:18 PM
I?m tired of this board ripping Dan. Look where he brought this program. He made a business decision guys!! So did Strickland. Obviously they both are good at their jobs considering 90% of you would have swallowed for both of them while they were here. Stop bitching and move on. We are still in a great situation and have an incredible team coming back. Focus on that instead of acting like this was done to personally harm MSU.

sleepy dawg
11-28-2017, 09:23 PM
I?m tired of this board ripping Dan. Look where he brought this program. He made a business decision guys!! So did Strickland. Obviously they both are good at their jobs considering 90% of you would have swallowed for both of them while they were here. Stop bitching and move on. We are still in a great situation and have an incredible team coming back. Focus on that instead of acting like this was done to personally harm MSU.

I agree about Dan. But you don't make business decisions that f*ck your family over and still expect your brother to call you "brother". Instead you don't speak to that asshole again until that asshole apologizes to you or one of you is about to die, whichever is first.

Homedawg
11-28-2017, 09:25 PM
He also got a guaranteed a 6year/12M buyout. He can go over there and lose to FSU and UGA every year for 5 years, and not recruit at all and get paid 12M if they boot him before his contract is finished.

I'm pretty sure that's not a 12 million buyout after year 5.

Hrdawg82
11-28-2017, 09:26 PM
I agree about Dan. But you don't make business decisions that f*ck your family over and still expect your brother to call you "brother". Instead you don't speak to that asshole again until that asshole apologizes to you or one of you is about to die, whichever is first.

Apologize for what exactly? Making a great hire for the program that signs his paychecks? This university uses family as a slogan. Strickland was not literally family. He has to do what best for his employer and real family. Why should he apologize to MSU?

Schultzy
11-28-2017, 09:29 PM
What makes me laugh is that Chip Kelly took less money to go to UCLA. Gundy said no thanks. Frost said no thanks.

Kelly demanded no speaking engagements outside of normal press conferences, just recruit and coach is one rumor going around.

msstatelp1
11-28-2017, 09:29 PM

Dan was paid very, very well for what he did and he didn't do it alone. It took the entire administration to get those buildings up and to make the improvements he wanted. He decided to abandon it so he deserves whatever comes his way.

BrunswickDawg
11-28-2017, 09:30 PM

No

He?s actively attempting to poach recruits with help from guys he left in-house. Supposedly he left the team without even talking to them and has cut contact with them. He and Scott have even had the gall to use Dak in pumping Dan up to UF. You don?t do that shit to your former school. I admire what he did here. I actually had very little gripe with a decision to leave - but when you disrespect the place that gave everything you asked for and more by pulling shit like having Knox recruit while he is the Interim HC - **** you Dick Move. **** you.

bgover4
11-28-2017, 09:31 PM
buyout (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/florida/report-dan-*******-buyout-terms-new-contract-reach-8-figures/amp)

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2017, 09:34 PM
Somebody told me his buyout to us was a lot higher than 500k

Gutter Cobreh
11-28-2017, 09:36 PM
So to get Dick Move, The Cheerleader had to:
Buy out McIlwain at $7.5 million
Pay Dan?s MSU buyout of $500k
And pay Dan $6.1 million a year for 6 years

That?s $44.6 million invested to get an 8 win coach. That leash those two are on is gonna short.

Dont forget Muschamp in your calculations. He is still collecting a check from his time at UF!

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article181580556.html

Homedawg
Somebody told me his buyout to us was a lot higher than 500k

It wasn't...actually when he was hired by the legendary Byrne he had no buyout.

BuckyIsAB****
No

He?s actively attempting to poach recruits with help from guys he left in-house. Supposedly he left the team without even talking to them and has cut contact with them. He and Scott have even had the gall to use Dak in pumping Dan up to UF. You don?t do that shit to your former school. I admire what he did here. I actually had very little gripe with a decision to leave - but when you disrespect the place that gave everything you asked for and more by pulling shit like having Knox recruit while he is the Interim HC - **** you Dick Move. **** you.

He had a 15 minute team meeting before he left sunday

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2017, 09:37 PM
It wasn't...actually when he was hired by the legendary Byrne he had no buyout.

So why was our buyout so low? Figured we'd make more than that since some people round here thought Mullen was infallible

Activated Alpha
11-28-2017, 09:38 PM

17 that you gator troll. Go bend your knees before UF

Schultzy
11-28-2017, 09:41 PM
If the buyout was that low that tells me our admin wasn’t all that worried about keeping him if he had the chance to bounce.

BrunswickDawg
11-28-2017, 09:45 PM
He had a 15 minute team meeting before he left sunday
And from the rumor I heard, Dan barely said anything at that meeting - at least that is the word spreading on campus.

Gutter Cobreh
11-28-2017, 09:56 PM
17 that you gator troll. Go bend your knees before UF

Nope, he's a State fan. I can tell because he can't spell Stricklin. Tell tale sign.