PDA

View Full Version : Well we all thought the early signing period would be beneficial, but may hurt us ...

IMissJack
11-28-2017, 04:56 PM
with the coaching change. It is definitely the reason that everyone has to get a coach ASAP this year. Does it still help us or hurt us this year?

SDDawg
11-28-2017, 04:58 PM
with the coaching change. It is definitely the reason that everyone has to get a coach ASAP this year. Does it still help us or hurt us this year?

It still helps if we get the coach this week because most of our early signees will get locked up fast. There will be very few targets to focus on in Jan/Feb and the new coaching staff can put emphasis there while building their plan for the spring. Still helps us, maybe even more than before Mullen left. The class overall may take a hit, but the early signing period is still a net add for us. I'm curious to see how it impacts the top-end recruiters tho...

BrunswickDawg
11-28-2017, 05:45 PM
I think it helps us this year because of the way Dick Move left. If Dick Move had been smart, he would have kept his name off the radar - which meant he wouldn?t have had to lie to the team and recruits a couple of weeks ago about leaving. Without that lie, his guys could be out picking us clean. Instead, we have a class locked up and most of those guys feel betrayed by Dick Move, and are sticking with us. We get a coach in quick and he can lock down this class. Huge win this year.

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2017, 05:59 PM
Everyone just needs to relax on the recruiting stuff

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-28-2017, 06:03 PM
I think we'll be fine as Brunswick alluded too. Our own players are tweeting to the recruits about Mullen lying and walking away. It has hit a nerve. Marcus Murphy is pissed. I'm sure he's tweeting his fellow recruits. We'll get somebody in here in a couple days and things will settle down. Besides, we have guys still working and talking to these guys.

msbulldog
11-28-2017, 07:04 PM
We will have a HC within 2 days. In Cohen we trust!