PDA

View Full Version : Recruiter (Pruitt) vs Coach (Morhead) - Is this where we are?

cheewgumm
11-28-2017, 04:38 PM
tough tough call.

I know most would say recruiter, and I'm not sure. But look at Chip Kelly. If this is the next Chip Keppy, hard to pass on. But if you can't get theplayers, it's a moot point.

Step 1 : Get good players

However, easy to say that wehn you're recruiting for FSU, UGA and Bama. I could recruit there.

mparkerfd20
11-28-2017, 04:57 PM
Looking back I thought Kevin Wilson was a better pick than Doug Merlot. We got Merlot. I think Pruitt is a better hire than Moorhead, but I'll trust Cohen even if we get Moorhead.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-28-2017, 05:02 PM
If we can keep Grantham, I am slowly warming up to Moorhead.

mparkerfd20
11-28-2017, 05:10 PM
If we can keep Grantham, I am slowly warming up to Moorhead.

It's a big IF. I agree completely though. I'm not sold that Grantham is leaving REGARDLESS of many saying he's gone after this weekend.

Cooterpoot
11-28-2017, 05:18 PM
Wait, a guy with 3 national championships as a DC isn't as good a coach as Moorhead? A guy that's coached under Saban, Fisher, & Richt (I'll leave out Rush Bropst) ? I'll call BS on that one.

bostondawg
11-28-2017, 05:24 PM
Both would be stellar hires. Need a big DC under Moorehead though. Shell out 1.8 mil for him.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-28-2017, 05:30 PM
For me, it would depend on who they could pull in as their coordinator(s). If we get Pruitt, is he going to call the defense too? Or is he going to hire a DC? Who is OC? Same with Moorhead. I would have to look at the total package, not just the two head to head.

Liverpooldawg
11-28-2017, 05:31 PM
The thing I like about Moorehead is he has also been a HC, and he did very well. If y’all want a recruiter, I hear Bucky is still available, at least for a little while.

Liverpooldawg
11-28-2017, 05:34 PM
The thing I like about Moorehead is he has also been a HC, and he did very well. If y?all want a recruiter, I hear Bucky is still available, at least for a little while.

Also, there probably isn?t anyone on this board who couldn?t be a good recruiter as an assistant at Alabama right now.

preachermatt83
11-28-2017, 05:36 PM
As for "culture", Moorhead is a devout Christian..

StarkVegasSteve
11-28-2017, 05:41 PM
Someone sell me on Moorehead. Besides all the recruiting struggles I believe we'll have with this hire I'm just not sold on this whole "offensive genius" narrative. Cause for every Chip Kelly, there's a Tony Franklin. Heck if we're gonna be gimmicky let's just go get Bob Stitt at Montana. At least his gimmick is different than most.

Dawg61
11-28-2017, 05:42 PM
Venables getting no love. I think he'd be a great hire too. He's never had a losing season in 21 years.

Liverpooldawg
11-28-2017, 05:45 PM
Venables getting no love. I think he'd be a great hire too. He's never had a losing season in 21 years.

Hearing he took his name out. Take that for what it’s worth.

HoopsDawg
11-28-2017, 05:46 PM

I need someone to explain to me why on earth we would take Venables over Chad Morris if both are available.

Turfdawg67
11-28-2017, 05:47 PM
Looking back I thought Kevin Wilson was a better pick than Doug Merlot. We got Merlot. I think Pruitt is a better hire than Moorhead, but I'll trust Cohen even if we get Moorhead.

Ahhh... good ole Doug Merlot. Whatever happened to that muther-scratcher??? Last I heard he moved to FL, never to be heard from again.

AROB44
11-28-2017, 05:48 PM

Not sure that has anything to do with coaching football. You do realize that our AD is Jewish. Does that disqualify him?

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-28-2017, 05:59 PM
I keep seeing people say, "I could recruit to Alabama or Georgia, it sells itself". Your logic is flawed because if you were at one of those places, you still have to recruit against the other along with Clemson, Ohio St., LSU, Florida St. and the like. You still have to be a great recruiter to win battles against that lineup. They don't just fall in your lap. Please stop. Thank you.

BrunswickDawg
11-28-2017, 06:02 PM
Not sure that has anything to do with coaching football. You do realize that our AD is Jewish. Does that disqualify him?
Dick Move was a Scientologist. Didn?t seem to hurt him any.

Jarius
11-28-2017, 06:03 PM
I keep seeing people say, "I could recruit to Alabama or Georgia, it sells itself". Your logic is flawed because if you were at one of those places, you still have to recruit against the other along with Clemson, Ohio St., LSU, Florida St. and the like. You still have to be a great recruiter to win battles against that lineup. They don't just fall in your lap. Please stop. Thank you.

Moorhead has to recruit at one of the shittiest d2 schools in the country and won 12 games in year 2. I?d say he can recruit ok. If John Cohen hires him I promise you he thinks he will recruit just fine.

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2017, 06:11 PM
Im warming up to Moorhead. Reading the SI article on him and watching some of his cut ups on youtube, we would be big time on O next year

RocketDawg
11-28-2017, 06:11 PM

Hopefully for real instead of the Freeze type.

Dawg61
11-28-2017, 06:16 PM
I need someone to explain to me why on earth we would take Venables over Chad Morris if both are available.

Got no problems with Morris. He seems like a great coach too.

Liverpooldawg
11-28-2017, 07:07 PM

You go in and you say, " son, Coach Saban would like you to come play at Alabama." That would do it if they were interested at all.