PDA

View Full Version : Bo Bounds Say (on Finebaum)

Indndawg
11-28-2017, 03:52 PM
The interview results:

Pruitt: Good
Venables: Super
Moorhead: Super

confirmed High IQ thingy

expects announcement tonite or tomorrow around noonish.

Bo seems to be really impressed w/the OC from PSU. Franklin gives him big thumbs up.

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2017, 03:55 PM
My biggest question is:
Who is the Coordinator for each one?

Pruitt - it has been mentioned that either Napier or possibly Lindsey (I guess if the $$$ is right) along with Friend as OL coach.

Venables - who would be OC and what kind of offense?

Moorhead - (who doesn't want moor head) - one of the most innovative offenses in the country. What kind of defense and who runs it? Any chance of keeping Grantham?

Cooterpoot
11-28-2017, 03:58 PM
Who's going to recruit for Moorhead (Hugh Freeze will sign up)? Seriously. He doesn't have any connections to the southeast and doesn't have any coaching contacts down here. Doesn't matter if he's Bill Walsh if he can't get players and understand the culture.

Doggie_Style
11-28-2017, 04:04 PM
My biggest question is:

Pruitt - it has been mentioned that either Napier or possibly Lindsey (I guess if the $$$ is right) along with Friend as OL coach.

Moorhead - (who doesn't want moor head) - one of the most innovative offenses in the country. What kind of defense and who runs it? Any chance of keeping Grantham?

I agree will all of this (maybe especially the moor head)....and yes, I have not heard anything legit as far as Grantham leaving, he may be waiting to see who we hire. He hasn't changed his twitter to Blue/Ernge like Dick Move and his band of assholes.

PMDawg
11-28-2017, 04:05 PM
I heard Moorhead was bringing in Croom as RB coach and head coach of recruiting. He has ties to the area and knows the lay of the land afterall.

Jeb Busch Lite
11-28-2017, 04:05 PM
It would be an absolute home run if we get Moorhead and are some how able to keep Grantham

KOdawg1
11-28-2017, 04:07 PM
Someone sell me on Moorhead. Not saying I don't want him, I'm just curious

BrunswickDawg
11-28-2017, 04:08 PM
Who's going to recruit for Moorhead (Hugh Freeze will sign up)? Seriously. He doesn't have any connections to the southeast and doesn't have any coaching contacts down here. Doesn't matter if he's Bill Walsh if he can't get players and understand the culture.

If we keep a good bit of the D staff that is left - English, Baker, TBuck - and Looney on O, we have the makings of keeping a strong D and our recruiting core in place. Add to it our off field guys in Gibson, Peterson, Austin and Bowen who really make the contacts with the coaches, and there is nothing really to worry about. People are forgetting that English was a Broyles winner as DC at Michigan in '06.

Remember - those guys aren't tied to Grantham, they came in with Sirmon or before.

Jeb Busch Lite
11-28-2017, 04:09 PM
Runs an extremely innovative offense and is widely considered to be the #1 assistant in college football at the moment

Sacrifice
11-28-2017, 04:10 PM
I would love to get moorhead..... I love the fact he?s been a HC. What he did at Fordham was just amazing and the offensive turnaround at Penn St was off the charts! Moorhead or Fadora!

Cooterpoot
11-28-2017, 04:11 PM
If we keep a good bit of the D staff that is left - English, Baker, TBuck - and Looney on O, we have the makings of keeping a strong D and our recruiting core in place. Add to it our off field guys in Gibson, Peterson, Austin and Bowen who really make the contacts with the coaches, and there is nothing really to worry about. People are forgetting that English was a Broyles winner as DC at Michigan in '06.

A new coach isn't going to keep all those guys. Just not happening.

Jeb Busch Lite
11-28-2017, 04:11 PM
I would love to get moorhead..... I love the fact he?s been a HC. What he did at Fordham was just amazing and the offensive turnaround at Penn St was off the charts! Moorhead or Fadora!

Do you actually want Fedora or are you being sarcastic? I genuinely hope its the latter

Sacrifice
11-28-2017, 04:15 PM
Do you actually want Fedora or are you being sarcastic? I genuinely hope its the latter

I will turn this board in favor of Fadora before the day is over!
What coach on our list has done what the visor has done?

BrunswickDawg
11-28-2017, 04:16 PM
A new coach isn't going to keep all those guys. Just not happening.

Why not? It's happened other places. If you are a smart Offensive guy from out of the region, have no real ties to a defensive staff, and need the staff it makes sense.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-28-2017, 04:19 PM

But can he recruit because that is what we need

Homedawg
11-28-2017, 04:20 PM
Why not? It's happened other places. If you are a smart Offensive guy from out of the region, have no real ties to a defensive staff, and need the staff it makes sense.

It just won't happen. He might keep a guy or even two. But as rule, most guys start w a clean fresh staff of their own guys. Now, inside the office those are way more likely to keep spots

Cooterpoot
11-28-2017, 04:20 PM

Name the power 5 schools that brought in a coach from outside the program that kept the staff.....You're talking the whole defense other than the DC. No DC worth a crap is going to take that. And no, Grantham isn't coming back. He's gone after this week.

msstate7
11-28-2017, 04:21 PM

No matter who we hire we will not outrecruit auburn, bama, LSU, and aTm. Our best chance is to recruit enough and have a staff that can outcoach them

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-28-2017, 04:22 PM
Someone sell me on Moorhead. Not saying I don't want him, I'm just curious

He is a GREAT OC. He won OC of the year! AND he tore it up at Fordham! But he has ZERO relationships in the fertile recruiting in the south. If you want Mullen 2.0 without Tebow connections then Moorhead is your guy!

Jack Lambert
11-28-2017, 04:25 PM
It was Bo who swore Mullen would not go to Florida.

benbow
11-28-2017, 04:25 PM
Yep, that's the ticket. Let's haul off and hire a coach from The Bronx, New York City, New York. His Fordham University experience will serve him well navigating the rural backroads of the SEC****. For gosh sakes we have enough trouble keeping coaches and wives happy from metropolitan areas of the south. Some of you need to stop and think about what you are saying. This is way more culture shock than can be overcome.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-28-2017, 04:26 PM
No matter who we hire we will not outrecruit auburn, bama, LSU, and aTm. Our best chance is to recruit enough and have a staff that can outcoach them

Recruit enough? So just keep on like we’re doing? Unreal. If we get Moorhead will absolutely take a step back in recruiting no doubt and we can’t afford to do that

Really Clark?
11-28-2017, 04:26 PM
Name the power 5 schools that brought in a coach from outside the program that kept the staff.....You're talking the whole defense other than the DC. No DC worth a crap is going to take that. And no, Grantham isn't coming back. He's gone after this week.

VT. Bud Black was even part of the HC hiring process. It is unusual but not unheard of that a coach or two is kept for a transition year or two from a previous staff. Coordinators even less so

msstate7
11-28-2017, 04:28 PM
Recruit enough? So just keep on like we’re doing? Unreal. If we get Moorhead will absolutely take a step back in recruiting no doubt and we can’t afford to do that

You have no idea how well Moorhead will or will not recruit.

MrBigStuff
11-28-2017, 04:28 PM
He loves maroon and seeks gameday uniform variety **

Cooterpoot
11-28-2017, 04:30 PM
VT. Bud Black was even part of the HC hiring process. It is unusual but not unheard of that a coach or two is kept for a transition year or two from a previous staff. Coordinators even less so

Every coach in America would hire Bud Foster (not Black, Bud Black was baseball player). He was a bigger deal than the head coach. Do you think VA Tech would've kept their defensive staff if Foster had left?

Jack Lambert
11-28-2017, 04:31 PM

Our current staff could not recruit so I was told but look at the talent we have.

Irondawg
If we hired moorhead then getting the right staff is paramount, but it can be done. Keep Looney as TE and get someone like R. Gillespie for RB or let Peterson hit the field for a role and keep 1-2 defensive guys or get someone local and we'll be ok locking down most of the existing class and not be devoid of recruiters for 2019.

But if he comes and brings 7 guys with no ties to the south and it could be a bit of an uphill battle early.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
Yep, that's the ticket. Let's haul off and hire a coach from The Bronx, New York City, New York. His Fordham University experience will serve him well navigating the rural backroads of the SEC****. For gosh sakes we have enough trouble keeping coaches and wives happy from metropolitan areas of the south. Some of you need to stop and think about what you are saying. This is way more culture shock than can be overcome.

Yep! No one is even thinking about this

BulldogDX55
11-28-2017, 04:32 PM

State College, PA population is 46,000 with the nearest metropolitan area, Harrisburg, 90 miles away. He will be fine.

Indndawg
11-28-2017, 04:33 PM
My biggest question is:

.........."in your opinion, who do you think Cohen goes with"?

"Moorhead" and then close behind is Venables

Really Clark?
11-28-2017, 04:33 PM
Enough with the recruiting. It's important but for the HC it is not # 1 on the list that he is the Allstar recruiter. It's down on the criteria. The HC needs to have recruiters on staff and know the importance but he does not have to be "the guy". He just needs to be able to close and emphasize it with his coaches. He can't have that much contact to begin with.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 04:34 PM
You either trust Cohen to make the right hire or you don't.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-28-2017, 04:35 PM
You have no idea how well Moorhead will or will not recruit.

https://247sports.com/Coach/Joe-Moorhead-538/AllTimeRecruits

He is gonna miraculously turn on the jets in the south?

bgover4
11-28-2017, 04:35 PM
Moorehead allegedly has done great things for recruiting at TSUN.

Really Clark?
11-28-2017, 04:36 PM
Every coach in America would hire Bud Foster (not Black, Bud Black was baseball player). He was a bigger deal than the head coach. Do you think VA Tech would've kept their defensive staff if Foster had left?

Brain fart. Didn't say anything contrary to that but you just asked to name a school that did. VT is the answer. And there have been several coaches over the years who retained staff. Dan kept Reed Stringer. It's not unheard of

Dolphus Raymond
11-28-2017, 04:39 PM
You either trust Cohen to make the right hire or you don't.

This.

thf24
11-28-2017, 04:45 PM

He hasn't even been at Penn State two full years, and 247 doesn't even have the "primary recruiter" right a lot of the time. Quit trying to make something out of nothing. You have no idea how effective of a recruiter he'd be here, and Cohen wouldn't be considering him if he thought he couldn't get the job done on that front.

AFDawg
11-28-2017, 04:46 PM
If Cohen hires Moorhead, you can rest assured that he thinks he?ll be a good recruiter and cultural fit. None of the rest of us really know. (And I wouldn?t take some recruiting site?s database as a definitive assessment of a coach?s recruiting ability.)

Spiderman
11-28-2017, 04:50 PM

yep

BrunswickDawg
11-28-2017, 04:51 PM
Brain fart. Didn't say anything contrary to that but you just asked to name a school that did. VT is the answer. And there have been several coaches over the years who retained staff. Dan kept Reed Stringer. It's not unheard of

Dan also kept Melvin Smith and David Turner, moved Felker from RB coach to Dir. of Player Personnel, and kept Jody Wright on staff in recruiting.

People have short memories. Why did Dan keep those guys? He wasn't tied to a staff as a new HC, and needed recruiters who knew the area.

The problem with Dan getting going in recruiting was DAN HATES to CROOT. It wasn't because he was a Yankee. It wasn't because staff didn't "know" the high schools (everyone knows Cheese and Rockey were our guys there at the time). But, Dan set the tone for expectations, and that's what the staff followed.

msstate7
11-28-2017, 04:53 PM

https://247sports.com/Coach/Billy-Gonzales-260

Think these can be deceiving?

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2017, 04:53 PM
He hasn't even been at Penn State two full years, and 247 doesn't even have the "primary recruiter" right a lot of the time. Quit trying to make something out of nothing. You have no idea how effective of a recruiter he'd be here, and Cohen wouldn't be considering him if he thought he couldn't get the job done on that front.

This all day long. One of the first things Cohen looked for in a replacement for himself was how good a recruiter Canny was. It is more important in baseball but Cohen knows if you can't recruit then you can't compete. MS athletes typically don't get as many "stars" from the recruiting services but you have to get the talent. Once you get the talent then you coach them up. If it ends up being Moorhead then I trust that Cohen has taken into account all the possible negatives to the hire.

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2017, 04:55 PM
Dan also kept Melvin Smith and David Turner, moved Felker from RB coach to Dir. of Player Personnel, and kept Jody Wright on staff in recruiting.

People have short memories. Why did Dan keep those guys? He wasn't tied to a staff as a new HC, and needed recruiters who knew the area.

The problem with Dan getting going in recruiting was DAN HATES to CROOT. It wasn't because he was a Yankee. It wasn't because staff didn't "know" the high schools (everyone knows Cheese and Rockey were our guys there at the time). But, Dan set the tone for expectations, and that's what the staff followed.

This is why I trust Cohen making the hire. Cohen has been there and done it so he knows what a head coach needs to do as far as recruiting goes.

benbow
11-28-2017, 04:57 PM
Sorry but it strains credulity to the breaking point to believe that a Bronx born and bred coach can adapt to the world of football in the cotton south. No doubt he is an excellent coach but that does not make him a good fit for the Lon haul in Starkville, Mississippi. If we want to kick the P5 head coaching door open for him so he can make the transition to the big time fine, but we will be searching again in 18 months. The first time he is recruiting in Franklin County and somebody gives him a plate of chitlins and collard greens he will be dreaming of the local deli on 5th Avenue.

preachermatt83
11-28-2017, 04:58 PM
Moorhead was recruiting coord when he was at Toledo for what its worth.

Really Clark?
11-28-2017, 05:00 PM
Sorry but it strains credulity to the breaking point to believe that a Bronx born and bred coach can adapt to the world of football in the cotton south. No doubt he is an excellent coach but that does not make him a good fit for the Lon haul in Starkville, Mississippi. If we want to kick the P5 head coaching door open for him so he can make the transition to the big time fine, but we will be searching again in 18 months. The first time he is recruiting in Franklin County and somebody gives him a plate of chitlins and collard greens he will be dreaming of the local deli on 5th Avenue.

I'm born and raised here and still can't eat chitlins. Especially don't want to smell them

KB21
11-28-2017, 05:02 PM

Akron, not Toledo.

mstatefan91
11-28-2017, 05:03 PM

You realize that we just had a yankee coach right?

People adjust

Irondawg
11-28-2017, 05:03 PM
As HC most of your job as recruiting as I understand it is to make final decisions on who to offer and then be the closer on guys you're fighting hard for when you do the in-home visits and official visits. You have to sell the kids you can turn them into NFL players and convince mommas that you'll take care of their kid and keep him out of trouble and get a degree.

I doubt the top HC recruit, recruit, recruit like bucky tried to.

Gridirondawg
11-28-2017, 05:05 PM

I am sure Nick Saban is doubling his heppin of chitlins every chance he gets. I was born and raised in MS and I wouldn't touch that $hit.

QuadrupleOption
11-28-2017, 05:05 PM
Moorehead will be fine recruiting if his personality is engaging. Y'all put way to much stock in that regionalism shit. Everything I've read about him says that he connects with players really well and is able to sell himself and his offense to players. In the end, that'll be what gets players to sign here - not where he's from.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 05:07 PM
Moorehead will be fine recruiting if his personality is engaging. Y'all put way to much stock in that regionalism shit. Everything I've read about him says that he connects with players really well and is able to sell himself and his offense to players. In the end, that'll be what gets players to sign here - not where he's from.

Someone with some common sense! Thank you!

AFDawg
11-28-2017, 05:08 PM
Moorhead went to school at Fordham, but he?s not from the Bronx. He?s from Pittsburgh.

http://triblive.com/sports/nationworldsports/7571694-74/moorhead-fordham-football

RougeDawg
11-28-2017, 05:11 PM
Someone with some common sense! Thank you!

Maybe we need to change ?common sense? to ?un?common? sense from here on out because it?s not so common any longer.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 05:12 PM
Maybe we need to change ?common sense? to ?un?common? sense from here on out because it?s not so common any longer.

lol Probably the most truest statement ever made on here!

redstickdawg
11-28-2017, 05:12 PM

I would be dreaming of something else too, that sounds disgusting and I don't that many would serve that crap to someone they wanted to impress. I certainly love collards, but can't stand the smell of hog shit casings.

Political Hack
11-28-2017, 05:14 PM
The worlds not nearly as large as it used to be. Believe it or not, people can pick up their phones and talk to people instantly from all across the country. I know that’s hard to believe, this being a message board and all, but it’s true.

msbulldog
11-28-2017, 05:17 PM

Remember - those guys aren't tied to Grantham, they came in with Sirmon or before.

English came in same time as Grantham.

Dawgowar
11-28-2017, 05:17 PM

Ding-Ding. We have a winner here folks. East coast football guys crave places where the game matters. And as the commercial says - it just matters more in the south. Our program is in a knife fight every year (and not cuz we po’ miss’tate) because we are perpetually an underdog.

I’ll take a guy that will fight, run an innovative offense and extend both middle fingers to our opponents every chance he gets. Maybe some up North a-hole attitude would be good about now. Dan lost his edginess a few years ago.

Frankly I want the coach Cohen decides is best. But if it is Moorehead then get him what he needs and let’s go conquer the damn conference.

I am getting back on my cruise ship. Sporadic inter web support throughout the next four days - so let’s get this done ASAP Mr. Cohen.

Now, in order to support this coach search I am going up to the tenth deck and eat my weight in buffet food. The sacrifices I make for the dawgs...

Dawgowar
11-28-2017, 05:18 PM

Ding-Ding. We have a winner here folks. East coast football guys crave places where the game matters. And as the commercial says - it just matters more in the south. Our program is in a knife fight every year (and not cuz we po? miss?tate) because we are perpetually an underdog.

I?ll take a guy that will fight, run an innovative offense and extend both middle fingers to our opponents every chance he gets. Maybe some up North a-hole attitude would be good about now. Dan lost his edginess a few years ago.

Frankly I want the coach Cohen decides is best. But if it is Moorehead then get him what he needs and let?s go conquer the damn conference.

I am getting back on my cruise ship. Sporadic inter web support throughout the next four days - so let?s get this done ASAP Mr. Cohen.

Now, in order to support this coach search I am going up to the tenth deck and eat my weight in buffet food. The sacrifices I make for the dawgs...

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-28-2017, 05:19 PM

So will he have those relationships in place instantly? Do recruits down here know who he is? The point is we can't afford to take ANY step back in recruiting. Recruiting is about relationships right? Pruitt and Co(whoever it is he brings with him) have those relationships in place already! There is your "common sense"

Dawg61
11-28-2017, 05:19 PM
Damn it's hard to read all these posts with so many question marks in places they aren't supposed to be. Please update your phones.

benbow
11-28-2017, 05:20 PM
I give. I have rarely gotten anywhere arguing with accountants and engineers. Go ahead. Sign up the guy from the Bronx. He'll love it hanging out in Belzoni and Rolling Fork.

msstate7
11-28-2017, 05:22 PM
Damn it's hard to read all these posts with so many question marks in places they aren't supposed to be. Please update your phones.
It doesn?t work. I?ve tried and I?ve tried to update. I?m sorry for bothering you, but I?ve really got no choice

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 05:22 PM

Lol I have the latest update and it's still putting those dang question marks in there

Dawg61
11-28-2017, 05:27 PM
It doesn?t work. I?ve tried and I?ve tried to update. I?m sorry for bothering you, but I?ve really got no choice

ok but have you tried going to settings, keyboard, text and then adding apostrophe = apostrophe, then hit + (don't spell out apostrophe put '=')

RougeDawg
11-28-2017, 05:35 PM
ok but have you tried going to settings, keyboard, text and then adding apostrophe = apostrophe, then hit + (don't spell out apostrophe put '=')

Let?s see if that works.

Eta. Negative on that trick.

Political Hack
11-28-2017, 05:36 PM
I?m not worried about Moorehead?s recruiting nearly as much as I am his offensive philosophy. QBs in his system have to be able to make all the throws and Fitz wasn?t the most accurate passer this year. He spreads the field with ball and it?s not an easy system to grasp quickly since its all concept based.

Dawg61
11-28-2017, 05:37 PM
Let?s see if that works.

Eta. Negative on that trick.

**** we are overrun by question marks on and off the field guys**

BrunswickDawg
11-28-2017, 05:38 PM
The worlds not nearly as large as it used to be. Believe it or not, people can pick up their phones and talk to people instantly from all across the country. I know that’s hard to believe, this being a message board and all, but it’s true.
And believe it or not, people who come from other places can love and appreciate Starkville, Ms for what it is. I?m from suburban ATL and went to a high school bigger than any high school in MS. When I arrived in Starkville, guys from the Delta said I talked like a Yankee. My wife is from near St. Louis, Missouri and went to the W. We now live in a town smaller than Starkville. We love it. But, we love the Golden Triangle area as much or more than any place we?ve lived. That provincial attitude of ?if you ain?t from here? is part of the BS that keeps MS behind today - and kept MSU behind until the last few years. If it?s sooo important to know all the coaches, and who eats chicken on Sunday with who with recruits then why couldn?t MSU win big with guys like Rockey, or Bob Tyler? Recruiting is about personality. You can either work your tail off, and connect with people no matter what your background is or you can?t. If John Cohen thinks Joe Moorhead is the man and is the fit for MSU - in Cohen We Trust.

sandwolf
11-28-2017, 05:43 PM
I have rarely gotten anywhere arguing with accountants and engineers.
That's because we're smarter than you are.

parabrave
11-28-2017, 06:00 PM

Yep thats what they said about Saban coming down from Michigan.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 06:11 PM
And believe it or not, people who come from other places can love and appreciate Starkville, Ms for what it is. I?m from suburban ATL and went to a high school bigger than any high school in MS. When I arrived in Starkville, guys from the Delta said I talked like a Yankee. My wife is from near St. Louis, Missouri and went to the W. We now live in a town smaller than Starkville. We love it. But, we love the Golden Triangle area as much or more than any place we?ve lived. That provincial attitude of ?if you ain?t from here? is part of the BS that keeps MS behind today - and kept MSU behind until the last few years. If it?s sooo important to know all the coaches, and who eats chicken on Sunday with who with recruits then why couldn?t MSU win big with guys like Rockey, or Bob Tyler? Recruiting is about personality. You can either work your tail off, and connect with people no matter what your background is or you can?t. If John Cohen thinks Joe Moorhead is the man and is the fit for MSU - in Cohen We Trust.

What he said!

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 06:14 PM
Yep thats what they said about Saban coming down from Michigan.

And he was going to south la which is an extremely tough place for outsiders.

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2017, 06:15 PM
I heard Moorhead was bringing in Croom as RB coach and head coach of recruiting. He has ties to the area and knows the lay of the land afterall.

GTFO

RocketDawg
11-28-2017, 06:23 PM

That's for sure. Those saying must have never been outside the south.

RocketDawg
11-28-2017, 06:25 PM
I give. I have rarely gotten anywhere arguing with accountants and engineers. Go ahead. Sign up the guy from the Bronx. He'll love it hanging out in Belzoni and Rolling Fork.

Fixed it for you: I give. I have rarely gotten anywhere arguing with engineers.

Msujd164
11-28-2017, 06:28 PM
You keep DJ LOoney on staff. If you follow Twitter or you follow looney's Twitter, he is constantly on the road recruiting his ass off. And also looks like the recruits love him.

QuadrupleOption
11-28-2017, 06:28 PM
So will he have those relationships in place instantly? Do recruits down here know who he is? The point is we can't afford to take ANY step back in recruiting. Recruiting is about relationships right? Pruitt and Co(whoever it is he brings with him) have those relationships in place already! There is your "common sense"

Are you claiming that Pruitt has a personal relationship with every coach in Mississippi? Are you claiming that recruits won't know that Mississippi State is interested in them coming to play for four years? If you aren't an asshole, and are respectful of high school coaches, players, and programs, you won't have any problems making those connections.

I don't honestly care who we get - Moorehead or Pruitt would both be fine with me (or Venebles for that matter). But this "he can't recruit because he ain't from around here!!!!!!" BS is WAAAAAAAAAAAY overblown. If he can't recruit it'll be a personality issue, not because he's from Yankee-land.

C'mon, mane. Lighten up a bit.

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2017, 06:30 PM
I?m not worried about Moorehead?s recruiting nearly as much as I am his offensive philosophy. QBs in his system have to be able to make all the throws and Fitz wasn?t the most accurate passer this year. He spreads the field with ball and it?s not an easy system to grasp quickly since its all concept based.

Idk what you watched but hes not slinging it around the yard. Good coaches adapt to what his players can do, Moorhead wont force Fitz to make NFL reads. Fitz can run Moorheads system

yjnkdawg
11-28-2017, 06:36 PM

That comment on the chitlins didn't go to far. Did it? I grew up in Mississippi , Ya'll and I hate chitlins too. You really don't know what his preference in food is. nor where he can interact with people in rural MS. I'll just say this. Cohen knows a lot more about him then you and I do.

yjnkdawg
11-28-2017, 06:39 PM

If you had the *** I wouldn''t say this, but since you don't. This is one of the dumbest posts I have seen on here,

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 06:40 PM
Mooreheads system is great in the run game. Part of what makes his system great is it can neutralize the interior of a defense in the run game. His rbs go off in this system! Fitz and our rbs will be huge in this system!

TUSK
11-28-2017, 06:57 PM
That's because we're smarter than you are.

Benbow was only 50% correct... He left out JDs & MDs....

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2017, 07:03 PM
Id take Morris over Moorhead simply bc Morris has more connections in the south, proven recruiter. Not saying Moorhead cant Im just saying Morris has proven he CAN and WILL. Either one paired with Grantham is a home run

Todd4State
11-28-2017, 07:30 PM
Mooreheads system is great in the run game. Part of what makes his system great is it can neutralize the interior of a defense in the run game. His rbs go off in this system! Fitz and our rbs will be huge in this system!

Yep. Penn State has a running back that might win the Heisman. That doesn't happen very often in a pass heavy offense.

Todd4State
11-28-2017, 07:31 PM
Id take Morris over Moorhead simply bc Morris has more connections in the south, proven recruiter. Not saying Moorhead cant Im just saying Morris has proven he CAN and WILL. Either one paired with Grantham is a home run

Morris connections are more in Texas than the South. Which wouldn't be a terrible thing.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-28-2017, 08:15 PM

Not much...

Sorry, I had to do it Matt. I've had a few and it was right there.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-28-2017, 08:25 PM

You're stuck in '77......It's '17, we got the blues trail to keep him occupied now while he's in the Delta. Besides, if he stops at the Pig Stand and Chuck's Dairy Bar he WILL love hangin in the Delta.