PDA

View Full Version : Scott Stricklin

Acid mouth
11-28-2017, 03:51 PM
**** you. And I say this as one of the most level headed state fans that you can find. You bounced around universities for 15 years without one giving you an opportunity at AD. Your greatest achievement to date was a two-and-a-half high stunt performed at halftime during the 88 Prep/JA game. Enter your alma mater Mississippi State. Your most memorable moment was firing the all-time winningest basketball coach at State with no plan. Enter the homerun hire of Rick Ray and the self-imposed death penalty he brought along. Then, much to my delight, you take the Florida AD job, never to make a shitty hire for us again. But you weren?t done. You had to hire away your alma mater?s head coach to further YOUR career. While we all know that Mullen would eventually leave, very few would?ve thought that it would be from an alumnus who?s career was made by State. That?s right, State bolstered your career and you continue to use State to further it. You are by far the worst alumni of Mississippi State. **** you.

Jack Lambert
11-28-2017, 04:23 PM
And he married the daughter of the most beloved Miss State Basketball players. I hope she cuts your ass off and find a real man while in Florida.

SDDawg
11-28-2017, 04:42 PM
Strickland is a climber. He's not a person of substance. He wants to be SEC commissioner someday, but he's much more likely to be an "also ran". Dude doesn't have what it takes.

SDDawg
11-28-2017, 04:43 PM
And he married the daughter of the most beloved Miss State Basketball players. I hope she cuts your ass off and find a real man while in Florida.

I'd guess she has another man.

Saltydog
11-28-2017, 04:45 PM
?I was hoping to find somebody I thought was better than Dan,? Stricklin said.

Stricklin and his staff pursued Chip Kelly and talked with UCF coach Scott Frost. Six UF officials, including Florida president Kent Fuchs, even flew to New Hampshire Nov. 21 to meet with Kelly.

When Kelly chose UCLA and Frost feigned interest, UF?s pursuit of Kelly made Mullen seem to be the Gators? third choice.

In the end, though, Stricklin said Mullen was the best choice.

?When I got to that point where I realized Dan is the guy, he's the right guy, I kind cinched my belt and said, ?We've got to do this, we don't have a choice,?? Stricklin said.

Political Hack
11-28-2017, 05:00 PM
Gundy also turned them down. So Mullen was no higher than 4th.

shannondawg
11-28-2017, 05:01 PM
Dan said on Finebaum that he was honored to chosen by the Gators who could have any coach in the country. Finebaum and Laura both neglected to tell him that they were turned down by 3 coaches. He was 4th choice!

DeviousDawg
11-28-2017, 05:05 PM

Stricklin and his staff pursued Chip Kelly and talked with UCF coach Scott Frost. Six UF officials, including Florida president Kent Fuchs, even flew to New Hampshire Nov. 21 to meet with Kelly.

When Kelly chose UCLA and Frost feigned interest, UF?s pursuit of Kelly made Mullen seem to be the Gators? third choice.

?When I got to that point where I realized Dan is the guy, he's the right guy, I kind cinched my belt and said, ?We've got to do this, we don't have a choice,?? Stricklin said.

So he didn't have a choice, but Dan was the best choice? The ship has sailed Scotty, there is no point in trying to please both sides with your BS wording. You've picked a side.

Scotty to Gator fans: "We went after Kelly and Frost first, sure, but in the end Mullins was always my guy and the best choice."

Scotty to MSU fans: "I went after 2 other guys first, I didn't want to hire Dan, but gosh darnit I had to, I didn't have a choice."

Scott no one gives a 17 what you have to say here, quit being a little bitch and live with your decisions and OWN them. Maybe if you clinch that belt a little harder a pair of nuts will pop out of that gaping hole of yours. #17YOU

Saltydog
11-28-2017, 05:22 PM
NT

RougeDawg
11-28-2017, 05:24 PM
Gundy also turned them down. So Mullen was no higher than 4th.

He should get used to being 3rd and 4th in more than their coaching search. That?s where he?ll be ending up in the east every year having to play UGA and LSU every season. We can hand him a SEC L next season along with the others and jumpstart his hot seat talk. USCe is better currently and UK has played Merlin 9 times already. He has a tough row to hoe. I?d say cheerleader and dick move are run out of town before Jan 1, 2022

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 05:24 PM
NT

It's a tie.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 05:26 PM

Wow, that's not exactly a ringing endorsement for ole lateral move is it? Just basically well we couldn't get who we really wanted but since we were able to get you I guess your the right guy. smh

RocketDawg
11-28-2017, 06:56 PM

Why would he be dogging the person he just hired? Makes no sense.

Saltydog
11-28-2017, 08:13 PM
NT

Saltydog
11-28-2017, 08:25 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/swamp-things-blog/os-sp-gators-football-1128-story.html

Leroy Jenkins
11-28-2017, 08:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPsRu7oVoAE9EoG.jpg:large

RocketDawg
11-28-2017, 08:46 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/swamp-things-blog/os-sp-gators-football-1128-story.html

That sorta puts his statement in context. He wasn't exactly dogging Mullen.