PDA

View Full Version : Two rules I would like to see in College football..

Jack Lambert
09-28-2013, 09:43 PM
1. You must have female cheerleaders.

2. You must have a green football field.

I would love to watch the USM game over on the U but that field is unbareable.

FlabLoser
09-28-2013, 09:52 PM
And on a false start, the defense should be able to take the play instead of killing the play before it starts.

hailmari
09-28-2013, 10:01 PM
I like the blue field, but I'm weird as hell.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2013, 10:03 PM
If they review a targeting penalty, and come to the conclusion that the guy didn't target so doesn't need to be ejected....the penalty should also go away. What a horseshit rule

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2013, 10:05 PM
I wish holding was only a 5 yard penalty. Just seems to me that something that can be called every play should be less of an offense

CadaverDawg
09-28-2013, 10:08 PM
I wish holding was only a 5 yard penalty. Just seems to me that something that can be called every play should be less of an offense

I agree. Especially since the biggest penalty is the wiping out of a huge play that usually happens on a hold

Jack Lambert
09-28-2013, 10:12 PM
If they review a targeting penalty, and come to the conclusion that the guy didn't target so doesn't need to be ejected....the penalty should also go away. What a horseshit rule

I think there should be a option for the replay official. I think it is two things involved. It is a 15 yard Penalty if you hit a defenseless player in the head but if is is intentional you are gone out of the game. Tonight it was a hit to the head but it was not intentional. Last week when bama played A&M there was no hit to the head but the 15 yard stilled applied and I don't think that was fair. But it was against Bama so I really did not care.

angusyoung
09-28-2013, 10:13 PM
And on a false start, the defense should be able to take the play instead of killing the play before it starts.

There is no play on a false start.

chainedup_Dawg
09-28-2013, 10:22 PM
Hopefully this will be taken care of this year, have already seen multiple issues with this

Quaoarsking
09-28-2013, 11:30 PM
How about you are ejected if you give a guy a concussion; you aren't if you don't.

I realize that concussion tests aren't finished right away, and the guy may play a few extra plays before getting the boot, but that's OK.

Dawg61
09-28-2013, 11:44 PM
How about you are ejected if you give a guy a concussion; you aren't if you don't.

I realize that concussion tests aren't finished right away, and the guy may play a few extra plays before getting the boot, but that's OK.

Every team would immediately all get "concussions" to intentionally kick out the opponents players. They already fake injuries to slow down the offenses.

ckDOG
09-29-2013, 10:19 AM
I'd prefer to see a down by contact rule instead of being down after touching the ground regardless of contact.

starkvegasdawg
09-29-2013, 10:54 AM
Here's my big gripe. On a running play the player just has to break the plain to score. It can be knocked from his hands afterwards and does not matter. Why then, on a pass, does the receiver have to catch the ball and maintain it all the way through hitting the ground? If he catches it cleanly, even if just for half a second, that should be a td or the rb should have to complete the play and maintain possession to the ground. No more reaching out with one hand to break the plain only to have it knocked loose and it not be a fumble. Now if he breaks the plain and then gets pushed back that is still a score. You always get forward momentum.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-29-2013, 11:17 AM
One thing I would like to see is whenever a receiver is defenseless and makes a catch, then it's the same thing as a fair catch and he is down at the spot of the catch. Why should defenses be penalized for shitty throws or routes going over the middle?