PDA

View Full Version : Gundy to tenn?

msstate7
11-28-2017, 02:01 PM
Rumor on ESPN radio

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 02:02 PM
If Gundy goes to Tennessee then lateral move will wind up 3rd or 4th in the east lol

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2017, 02:02 PM
Good hire by them if he can get a defense. If this is true then he must not get along with Pickens at all. Ok St is his alma mater.

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2017, 02:05 PM
Why would Gundy pass on the Florida job & then accept the TN job?

Something doesn't pass the smell test to me

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2017, 02:07 PM

UF is only paying Lateral 6 Mill so maybe UT upped the price. UT needs to win the press conference about as bad as any college team in history. Right now this AD might get fired just based on who he actually gets.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 02:11 PM
UF is only paying Lateral 6 Mill so maybe UT upped the price. UT needs to win the press conference about as bad as any college team in history. Right now this AD might get fired just based on who he actually gets.

Yeah the AD at UT is in a bind, especially if they gonna owe Schiano for their screw up(lawyers for both sides are working on a settlement).

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-28-2017, 02:12 PM
Matt Canada wanting to leave LSU. Can we throw some money at him to come with Pruitt?

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2017, 02:13 PM
Yeah the AD at UT is in a bind, especially if they gonna owe Schiano for their screw up(lawyers for both sides are working on a settlement).

If what people say is true then UT is supposedly the highest earning SEC school. If they have the money then they might pay Gundy 7 or 8 Mill just to fix their PR nightmare.

msstate7
11-28-2017, 02:13 PM
Matt Canada wanting to leave LSU. Can we throw some money at him to come with Pruitt?

Why does he want to leave? Fitz is probably a terrible fit with him

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-28-2017, 02:14 PM

Tennessee is desperate. Their next coach is gonna be a happy man because they will greatly over pay.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 02:14 PM
If what people say is true then UT is supposedly the highest earning SEC school. If they have the money then they might pay Gundy 7 or 8 Mill just to fix their PR nightmare.

I could see them doing that, they are desperate to make a splash and desperate people do desperate things.

Bothrops
11-28-2017, 02:15 PM
That would be a huge blow to Okie St.

Really Clark?
11-28-2017, 02:20 PM
Reports are they are willing to double his salary. He just signed an extension this summer to $4.2 MIL

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 02:29 PM
Reports are they are willing to double his salary. He just signed an extension this summer to $4.2 MIL

They are desperate. Maybe ole lateral move shouldve played tennessee a little longer.

Political Hack
11-28-2017, 02:34 PM

Possibly. If we’d want to go that route. He definitely wants to leave.

preachermatt83
11-28-2017, 02:43 PM
Possibly. If we’d want to go that route. He definitely wants to leave.

I don't like Canada's offense at all.

BulldogBear
11-28-2017, 02:50 PM
Gundy is coaching at his alma mater. Lulz

Really Clark?
11-28-2017, 02:52 PM

Agree. It's been hit and miss over the years as well. Pitt last year was his best

Jack Lambert
11-28-2017, 03:00 PM

Too many people moving around.

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2017, 03:08 PM
Gundy is coaching at his alma mater. Lulz

Gundy has also been butting heads with T Boone Pickens who basically runs that school. It has been a very public dispute to the point that it was hugely surprising that T Boone published a letter supporting Gundy after he barely lost to Oklahoma. Combine that with a lot more money and it might make it possible.

Political Hack
11-28-2017, 03:12 PM
I absolutely cannot see this happening, but it would be a huge rescue effort if they pull it off.

Parker Street
11-28-2017, 03:17 PM

I believe Tennessee is the second highest revenue school behind Alabama.

Supposedly, Tennessee offered Gundy about $8 Million per year. But who knows what the facts are. Gundy may be campaigning for a raise from OK State.

As a Tennessee fan, I would put in Gundy's contract that he had to get rid of the mullet hair.

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2017, 03:25 PM
I believe Tennessee is the second highest revenue school behind Alabama.

Supposedly, Tennessee offered Gundy about $8 Million per year. But who knows what the facts are. Gundy may be campaigning for a raise from OK State.

As a Tennessee fan, I would put in Gundy's contract that he had to get rid of the mullet hair.

What if like Samson that is where his strength comes from? Cutting his hair might cost him 3 wins a year.

Homedawg
11-28-2017, 03:28 PM
Gundy has also been butting heads with T Boone Pickens who basically runs that school. It has been a very public dispute to the point that it was hugely surprising that T Boone published a letter supporting Gundy after he barely lost to Oklahoma. Combine that with a lot more money and it might make it possible.

Gundy has a sweet gig, he has a clause in his contract he can not be fired for insubordination of the ad. Can't see him leaving for that job. I wouldn't even call it lateral. He has a way better chance of winning at ok state than and ut. And a great big check isn't going to do it. Only way he goes there if he and t Boone are on the complete outs.

Cooterpoot
11-28-2017, 03:30 PM
Chad Morris to TN is starting to look more likely.