PDA

View Full Version : So. Miss Opening Series

BullyBilly
11-28-2017, 12:58 PM
Not being a big basketball fan, and tired of all the new coach talk (we will find out soon), I am super excited about the start of baseball season. We will have a pretty solid squad from what I can tell. Obviously we get a ton of pitching back from injury. Mangum coming back is huge.

The opening series against Southern Miss is shaping up to be a huge weekend, and our biggest opening series in a long time. Had USM not lost Braley and McCarty they would be top 15 preseason. Those two guys were 2 of there 3 weekend starters so they will have to have some people step up to fill their roles. Now that the pitching is in question, they will probably still be ranked, but either way its a huge series. USM plays a relatively weak conference schedule, so their RPI is usually really good. Winning this series would go a long way in getting us a hosting spot at the end of the year. It still confuses me why we are going to Hattiesburg, but that being said they may not have the nicest stadium, but it is a pretty cool atmosphere (went to the regional in the spring). Considering we beat them twice in a row in their own regional makes me think they will really come out motivated and will be a force to be reckoned with. Will any of you be going to that game? I know they made it super difficult to get tickets for the regional (typical)

Any thoughts?

This is my first post on this board BTW

HailState

Political Hack
11-28-2017, 01:04 PM
Can’t play at the Dude so I’m fine with it being there. Would be cooler if it was in Biloxi though.

We should be really strong across the board. Hopefully the pitching staff stays healthy. I’m not worried about hitting with Cann setting the lineup.

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2017, 01:21 PM
We should be strong in the pitching department and Canny will have us hitting well enough. If we have some freshmen step up in the hitting department then we might can make some noise in the post season.