PDA

View Full Version : Bulldog Club Membership Numbers - C?Mon Man!!!!

RougeDawg
11-28-2017, 12:41 PM
Someone last night showed where we are down to around 9600 BDC memberships. Last year we had over 12k.

WTF happened? We have to continue to give and support, especially at this point. I understand times are tough, but please do whatever you can to get that membership count back up. It only requires a minimum yearly contribution of a couple hundred bucks to keep it active.

We want to have nice shiny things, but need to keep doing what it takes. I?m guilty of not showing up for UMass and BYU so no stones cast. Work played a factor in missing those.

We?ve got to continue to support with attendance and money to take the next step.

Ari Gold
11-28-2017, 12:52 PM
Agree..
Lots of bitching form people that aren't in the Club to bitch.
Bottom line it's cost to bitch. so pony the **** up.

Homedawg
11-28-2017, 12:55 PM
Agree..
Lots of bitching form people that aren't in the Club to bitch.
Bottom line it's cost to bitch. so pony the **** up.

^^^^this. All day.

Lord McBuckethead
11-28-2017, 01:00 PM
Well do those count the Blitz Packages? those were pushed this year and some may have switched from season ticket holders to Blitz users.

Offshore Dawg
11-28-2017, 01:09 PM
Too many State alumni are plain CHEAP, they bitch the loudest, complain the most. But never put their money where their mouth is or keyboard.

HossDawg97
11-28-2017, 01:17 PM
Someone last night showed where we are down to around 9600 BDC memberships.

According to the site, there are 9472 to be precise. This number needs to grow.

Irondawg
11-28-2017, 01:23 PM
It's $100 minimum to join. That's less than $10 a month.

C'mon guys.

It probably wasn't a major factor b/c FL is a higher tier job than ours, but I'm sure it was frustrating for the coaching staff to have a good team and see those kind of numbers and low attendance for some of the non-profile, non-night games. I'm guilty as well, but i get where that would get stuck in the back of your mind that you've maxed out at a place.

I will say around the JXN area i'm overall seeing a lot more people wearing MSU gear than when I first moved here 15+ years ago. However the same could be said of OM. Regardless, good to see people supporting their teams in public more.

MStateDawg
11-28-2017, 01:26 PM
I checked my rank and took a screen shot on October 20th. At that time, there were 12,665 members.
I doubt we've lost 3k members in 6 weeks. It's probably just some glitch in the system.

MSUDAWGFAN
11-28-2017, 01:53 PM
Someone last night showed where we are down to around 9600 BDC memberships. Last year we had over 12k.

WTF happened? We have to continue to give and support, especially at this point. I understand times are tough, but please do whatever you can to get that membership count back up. It only requires a minimum yearly contribution of a couple hundred bucks to keep it active.

We want to have nice shiny things, but need to keep doing what it takes. I?m guilty of not showing up for UMass and BYU so no stones cast. Work played a factor in missing those.

We?ve got to continue to support with attendance and money to take the next step.

Same thing with basketball. I don't think the majority of our fanbase realizes how good of a coach Ben Howland is. I'm a season ticket holder and been to all of the games. The first 2 years of Howland, I had to be in the upper deck despite half the lower deck being empty. I am now in the lower deck, and I'll tell you our attendance is beyond pathetic. Sunday's game attendance was embarrassing. And here's the thing. We can compete in basketball. We can win the SEC. We can be a high seed. We need the Hump to be packed every game.

BB30
11-28-2017, 02:12 PM
Same thing with basketball. I don't think the majority of our fanbase realizes how good of a coach Ben Howland is. I'm a season ticket holder and been to all of the games. The first 2 years of Howland, I had to be in the upper deck despite half the lower deck being empty. I am now in the lower deck, and I'll tell you our attendance is beyond pathetic. Sunday's game attendance was embarrassing. And here's the thing. We can compete in basketball. We can win the SEC. We can be a high seed. We need the Hump to be packed every game.

Yea, this has been pretty frustrating. I know basketball games are a little tougher for people to get to on weekdays. It will hopefully be better now that students are back on campus.

RougeDawg
11-28-2017, 02:25 PM
Yea, this has been pretty frustrating. I know basketball games are a little tougher for people to get to on weekdays. It will hopefully be better now that students are back on campus.

The local population is adequate for full basketball games. Main issue was the Rick Ray experiment. People got fed up, stopped going, and other hobbies/activities filled this time. Humans are creatures of habit and it will take some time to change their habits of attending games routinely again.

Take the NFL for example. After the Kapernakus? anti cop kneeling, I stopped watching all games outside of Dak a handful of games. Now i don?t even think about the NFL on Thursday, Sunday, or Monday and it?s only been a year. We had C34?s boy RR for a lot longer than that to turn people away.

Will take time but winning will speed up the process.

IMissJack
11-28-2017, 03:38 PM
I checked my rank and took a screen shot on October 20th. At that time, there were 12,665 members.
I doubt we've lost 3k members in 6 weeks. It's probably just some glitch in the system.

I know for the past couple of months, they have been working on some system problem, because I could not see my rank and had to call them to get it.

Lord McBuckethead
11-28-2017, 04:41 PM

Bingo. Didn't we also almost sell out our season tickets too?

Lord McBuckethead
11-28-2017, 04:43 PM

Yeah an early Sunday afternoon game after Thanksgiving when everyone is traveling as your example.

Although beyond your example, all other games have been pretty poorly attended.

SDDawg
11-28-2017, 04:44 PM

Year-end pledges and renewals are due now. The numbers will go back up significantly this month and prior to bowl tickets going on sale. Many people forget to renew until this time of year.

RougeDawg
11-28-2017, 05:28 PM
Year-end pledges and renewals are due now. The numbers will go back up significantly this month and prior to bowl tickets going on sale. Many people forget to renew until this time of year.

Good point. Let?s hope it?s This or a glitch in system. I know I hate logging on to the God awful website these days. Need a super computer just to not bog down.

DanDority
11-28-2017, 05:48 PM

My problem with this is: Why do we need to hire more Asst. AD's?

rcsteph1
11-28-2017, 05:50 PM

That drop actually happened before the egg bowl. I logged in and made a donation on 10-30 and there were around 11-12k the week of the egg bowl I logged back in and checked my final balance and noticed it had been dropped to 9600. This drop occurred before Mullen to Florida for what it's worth.

sleepy dawg
11-28-2017, 06:28 PM

To me, this gets back to what Shotgun was talking about the other day that everyone ripped him on. Do our fans deserve a national championship? Are we committed enough? There are many excuses to go around, but the point remains he same.

RocketDawg
11-28-2017, 06:39 PM

Yeah, it sounds a little fishy. 9600 is what it was about 15 years ago. Surely we didn't have a 25% drop in a month. And there should be very few who can't afford $100/year. To put it in perspective, that's about 2 bottles of Gentleman Jack or 2 cartons of cigs. **

RocketDawg
11-28-2017, 06:43 PM
Just checked, and it does indeed say 9400+. However, losing 3000 members resulted in my priority level getting worse ... it's now 1172 and was just over 1000. So something is off somewhere.