PDA

View Full Version : Larry Fedora?

jtricer1973
11-28-2017, 12:38 PM
Curious about yall's thoughts on him. Read on bleacher report he may be a candidate.

Saladin
11-28-2017, 12:45 PM
Just say NO!!! Do not want Fedora. He rode Austin Davis at USM. Look at the mess USM was in after Austin graduated and Fedora went to NC. He reminds me of egotistical Dan.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 12:48 PM
Fedora wins with other coaches players and when that taps out he's done. Cant recruit and hates recruiting.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-28-2017, 12:53 PM
Would be a great OC. Dont care for him as a head coach.

jtricer1973
11-28-2017, 12:54 PM
So that's a big HELL NO!! I'm with ya. I want Pruitt!! I think he wins immediately!!!

Sacrifice
11-28-2017, 12:54 PM
Fedora has won big at NC with his own recruits. Don?t forget, NC was on probation from Butch Davis and his staff when Fedora took the job.

CarolinaDawgs
11-28-2017, 01:31 PM
I'd rather Fedora myself with a barbwire bat before we hired him.

Leroy Jenkins
11-28-2017, 01:31 PM
My opinion, of the people mentioned so far, Fedora has the highest floor and the lowest ceiling.

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2017, 01:35 PM
Didn't he also dick over the USM players by choosing Hawaii right before he quit? The players were mad because their families couldn't come to the game but would have been able to go to the Liberty if Fedora had chosen it.

Sacrifice
11-28-2017, 01:43 PM
Fedora also lead USM to the most productive 4 years of offense in its history. Had the schools highest graduation rate ever and I?ll never forget him skull dragging Kevin Sumlins undefeated Houston Cougars for the conference championship.

Really Clark?
11-28-2017, 01:54 PM
Fedora also lead USM to the most productive 4 years of offense in its history. Had the schools highest graduation rate ever and I?ll never forget him skull dragging Kevin Sumlins undefeated Houston Cougars for the conference championship.

Then he went to UNC and that star has tarnished

Coach34
11-28-2017, 01:55 PM
Noooooooooooooo

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2017, 01:59 PM
Noooooooooooooo

Any particular reason on the emphatic No? I personally would hire about 4 or 5 guys before him but I wouldn't hate the hire. The guy has developed QBs at least.

Sacrifice
11-28-2017, 02:03 PM
Then he went to UNC and that star has tarnished

I guess getting them through probation, having there first 11 win regular season ever, taking them to there 1st division title ever and setting records for points scored doesn?t count.

No doubt he?s having the worst season of his career but he has defiantly not been a disaster at NC. Plus the AJC reported this morning he maybe a candidate for the job.

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2017, 02:05 PM
I guess getting them through probation, having there first 11 win regular season ever, taking them to there 1st division title ever and setting records for points scored doesn?t count.

No doubt he?s having the worst season of his career but he has defiantly not been a disaster at NC. Plus the AJC reported this morning he maybe a candidate for the job.

Looks like this year is his first losing season. I haven't kept up with UNC, why are they so bad this year? How good of a recruiter is he?

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 02:09 PM
His career arc is just like it was at usm, trending up through years 1-4(he was only at usm for 4 years but the succeeding year were there worst ever) and then down after that.

Sacrifice
11-28-2017, 02:10 PM
Looks like this year is his first losing season. I haven't kept up with UNC, why are they so bad this year? How good of a recruiter is he?

This will be his 1st losing season and the first year he hasn?t taken his team to a bowl game. NCs recruiting rankings have been between 25 to 30 since he?s been there.

Really Clark?
11-28-2017, 02:14 PM

As good as he did at USM he left them very very bare when he left. After his 11 wins, which was outstanding in his 4th year (which was when he topped out at USM), he has trended down considerably. Take away that one year and he is one game over .500 in the weakest side of the ACC. His best year he still lost to a 3-9 So Car team

PassInterference
11-28-2017, 02:19 PM
Nein!

Sacrifice
11-28-2017, 02:20 PM
As good as he did at USM he left them very very bare when he left. After his 11 wins, which was outstanding in his 4th year (which was when he topped out at USM), he has trended down considerably. Take away that one year and he is one game over .500 in the weakest side of the ACC. His best year he still lost to a 3-9 So Car team

He did lose to SC in the first game of the season. Then he went on a school record 11 game winning streak and I doubt that southern miss team goes winless if he stays. Ellis Johnson just sucks

stungeon
11-28-2017, 02:21 PM
UNC has got 18 or so injured players out for the season.

whataburger
11-28-2017, 02:21 PM
Fedora wins with other coaches players and when that taps out he's done. Cant recruit and hates recruiting.

Fedora is a great recruiter. Brought in a freaking 5 star to USM. Pretty sure that was the first 5 star recruit that ever went to a non-BCS/P5 school out of HS.

He’s an OK X and Os coach. His offenses are exciting but he doesn’t know the slightest thing about defense. Probably good for one huge upset every 2-3 years but will drop a gimme game every now and then.

Mjoelner34
11-28-2017, 02:22 PM
I'd rather have Kiffen. I can't believe I just typed that but it's true.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 02:22 PM
Fedora is a great recruiter. Brought in a freaking 5 star to USM. Pretty sure that was the first 5 star recruit that ever went to a non-BCS/P5 school out of HS.

He’s an OK X and Os coach. His offenses are exciting but he doesn’t know the slightest thing about defense. Probably good for one huge upset every 2-3 years but will drop a gimme game every now and then.

He did but he also left the cupboard bare when he left. The talent usm put on the field after he left was awful.

Really Clark?
11-28-2017, 02:23 PM

The 5 star didn't have options to qualify at P5 schools. He did a good job to get him and not go JUCO but he didn't beat out big schools for the player

bluelightstar
11-28-2017, 02:24 PM

UNC has had lots of season-ending injuries this year (and no good QBs -- which, admittedly, is on Fedora). Early QB controversy between a RS freshman and Brandon Harris (out of LSU) and so they played musical QBs for a while. Also hasn't had consistent defense, but they were good when he had a good DC - Chizik. One of my best friends went to UNC so I keep up with them a decent bit. If it were Fedora, we would have to go drop a million-and-a-half to get someone competent to fully run the defense.

Sacrifice
11-28-2017, 02:31 PM
UNC has had lots of season-ending injuries this year (and no good QBs -- which, admittedly, is on Fedora). Early QB controversy between a RS freshman and Brandon Harris (out of LSU) and so they played musical QBs for a while. Also hasn't had consistent defense, but they were good when he had a good DC - Chizik. One of my best friends went to UNC so I keep up with them a decent bit. If it were Fedora, we would have to go drop a million-and-a-half to get someone competent to fully run the defense.

His QB left early for the NFL draft. I believe he was a top 5 pick but I?m not sure but your right, he?ll have to be paired with a top notch DC