PDA

View Full Version : It seems like the coaching buzz around the football hire is similar to hiring Canny

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2017, 11:35 AM
I trust Cohen on making the best hire for MSU. It seems to have that same feeling. A lot of the same things are kind of being said. We were looking at some great assistants but some surprising head coaches were reaching out to Cohen. I realize we don't have as much pull in football as baseball but Lateral Move was being paid a top 15 salary. We also need a coach that isn't scared of going against Saban but wants to go against the best. Ideally, I would love a coach who wanted to make his name on a program and not just be a stepping stone but you take the good with the bad. If we wanted the coach that would be more likely to stay then Mike Leach would probably be the best hire. I personally would rather have the other names being thrown around.

If Cohen looks for the same traits in a football coach as he got in Canny then we are about to take the next step up. Lateral Move leaving might end up being the best thing for the program. He was obviously bumping his ceiling so hopefully the next guy can keep the floor of making bowls but push us up to the next level.

In Cohen We Trust. 17 Lateral Move.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-28-2017, 11:45 AM
If Cohen looks for the same traits in a football coach as he got in Canny then we are about to take the next step up.

and Dusty Smith(MSU golf coach)......next in line Jeremy Pruitt