PDA

View Full Version : So we had coaching candidates reaching out to Cohen first

TrapGame
11-28-2017, 09:20 AM
If what Bo said this morning is true, Cohen was bombarded with calls from some serious names in coaching circles. Guys that were not on his list but if they call interested in the job, you interview them.

Noah11
11-28-2017, 09:27 AM
if they are big names/serious names i think you definitly interview them, especially if they could be a good fit.

RunDog26
11-28-2017, 09:32 AM
What's not to love about State's situation right now? Returning team, facilities, fan base. Whatever you think about Mullen he did leave it better than he found it.

Indndawg
11-28-2017, 09:36 AM
If what Bo said this morning is true, Cohen was bombarded with calls from some serious names in coaching circles. Guys that were not on his list but if they call interested in the job, you interview them.

by being Ninja II

AlSwearengen
11-28-2017, 09:46 AM
Mullen gets credit but there was a lot more that went into it than just him. New presidents, new a.d. (ninja and Cohen), ESPN money, etc.

TrapGame
11-28-2017, 09:46 AM
What's not to love about State's situation right now? Returning team, facilities, fan base. Whatever you think about Mullen he did leave it better than he found it.

Yep, he coulda left a 5-7 team in complete shambles. He left us better than he found us.

DownwardDawg
11-28-2017, 10:08 AM
Mullen gets credit but there was a lot more that went into it than just him. New presidents, new a.d. (ninja and Cohen), ESPN money, etc.

This. It was never about Mullen to me. New administration is what made the difference. Firing LT was our turning point.

shannondawg
11-28-2017, 10:16 AM
Not a fan of LT by any means, but he did keep us afloat during some difficult financial times, but just did not keep up with the times.

If his legacy was anything, it would be the Junction, as I am a firm believer that in it self brings crowds in when a ooc team was of little interest to our fans.

SallyStansbury
11-28-2017, 11:21 AM
For the record, the Junction was a result of MSU student GOV fighting for it. LT wanted to sell parking spaces in the Junction area for motorhome parking to ?keep us in the black?.

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2017, 11:41 AM
For the record, the Junction was a result of MSU student GOV fighting for it. LT wanted to sell parking spaces in the Junction area for motorhome parking to ?keep us in the black?.

LT also didn't want to upset the blue hairs that already parked right by the stadium. I don't know how many actually complained but that did seem to be something he was worried about.

Perpetual Underachiever
11-28-2017, 12:01 PM

Former VP of Finance, now Chancellor of Alabama, Ray Hayes is who truly made the junction happen.