PDA

View Full Version : Why so much hype around kiffin

NeshobaChuck
11-28-2017, 09:07 AM
Can someone explain this?? Yea the offense would be fun to watch but he would stay only 2-3 years and start throwing his name at any big time job opening like Mullen and/or he may have us starring down that same barrel tsun is starring down right now with the NCAA just my opinion though

Doggie_Style
11-28-2017, 09:13 AM
Can someone explain this?? Yea the offense would be fun to watch but he would stay only 2-3 years and start throwing his name at any big time job opening like Mullen and/or he may have us starring down that same barrel tsun is starring down right now with the NCAA just my opinion though

We ain't hiring Kiffen.....period

Dawgology
11-28-2017, 09:13 AM
Flashy exciting hire. Would definitely draw crowds and get big time recruits. He’s a winner and would win a lot of games.

Those are what I’m thinking most on the Kiffin train are thinking. I admit, I’m intrigued by the idea. I know several Ole Miss folks I know got scared shitless when we were talking about it.

Honestly, any of these coaches in play will probably be with us only 4-5 years.

MrKotter
11-28-2017, 09:14 AM
I don?t get it either. People act as if he?s some kind of offensive genius. He?s not. Average at best

Bubb Rubb
11-28-2017, 09:15 AM
I don?t get it either. People act as if he?s some kind of offensive genius. He?s not. Average at best

Nor is he the recruiting savant that people make him out to be. It's intriguing to think about, but the baggage would have me concerned.

Doggie_Style
11-28-2017, 09:15 AM
BTW......that private jet from Boca is landing in Starkvegas at 8:33

Bubb Rubb
11-28-2017, 09:16 AM
BTW......that private jet from Boca is landing in Starkvegas at 8:33

Steve already squashed that rumor.

Jack Lambert
11-28-2017, 09:18 AM
As a college coach he is 44-24. He was 28-15 at USC and I believe he was there when the sanctions were heavy. FAU was 3-9 last season and is 8-3 this season, FAU first winning season since 2007.

He has shot him self in the foot by jumping ship from one job to the next and the Rep of not being able to keep his ding dong in his pants. He's getting a P5 job somewhere. If not his season with in the next two.

Doggie_Style
11-28-2017, 09:26 AM
Steve already squashed that rumor.

I didn't say Lane was definitely on it just that the plane from Boca lands at 8:33

thf24
11-28-2017, 09:35 AM
You guys who want Kiffin must be already looking ahead to the next hire for our next moderately-tenured coach. Kiffin offseasons would make Mullen seem like rock solid lifetime commitment. He'd be flirting with bigger jobs from the moment he stepped through the door. If we're considering him, then we're fine with facing another coaching search again in a year or two.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-28-2017, 09:44 AM
Flashy exciting hire. Would definitely draw crowds and get big time recruits. He?s a winner and would win a lot of games.

Those are what I?m thinking most on the Kiffin train are thinking. I admit, I?m intrigued by the idea. I know several Ole Miss folks I know got scared shitless when we were talking about it.

Will he get a new staff or will he bring his former Ole Miss staff with him?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-28-2017, 09:45 AM
As a college coach he is 44-24. He was 28-15 at USC and I believe he was there when the sanctions were heavy. FAU was 3-9 last season and is 8-3 this season, FAU first winning season since 2007.

He has shot him self in the foot by jumping ship from one job to the next and the Rep of not being able to keep his ding dong in his pants. He's getting a P5 job somewhere. If not his season with in the next two.

It won't be here

RougeDawg
11-28-2017, 09:46 AM
Flashy exciting hire. Would definitely draw crowds and get big time recruits. He?s a winner and would win a lot of games.

Those are what I?m thinking most on the Kiffin train are thinking. I admit, I?m intrigued by the idea. I know several Ole Miss folks I know got scared shitless when we were talking about it.

Same thing everyone said about Dan.

msstate7
11-28-2017, 09:52 AM
Will he get a new staff or will he bring his former Ole Miss staff with him?

If it is the same staff that helped him turn FaU from a 3-8 team to a 10-3 undefeated in conference champ, bring em on.

I guess you and Mimi really freaked when we brought JLD from OM