PDA

View Full Version : Early morning thoughts

ElitedawgRecruiting
11-28-2017, 05:50 AM
Couple of early morning thoughts.

I don?t believe that Pruitt told folks he had an offer just to throw others off the scent. Makes no sense and seems it would hurt his chances.

Moorhead is a very intriguing coach. But I want a coach with southern ties this time. I don?t want to have another learn on the job recruiter.

Venables knocked his interview out of the park much like Pruitt.

There is a name I heard that will shock some folks. Not due to him being a franklin or Saban or Meyer type name, but because he is a sitting head coach.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
11-28-2017, 06:06 AM
Well Whats its name? You big ole tease!

ElitedawgRecruiting
11-28-2017, 06:14 AM
I am waiting to get confirmation. I don’t like to throw shit against the wall to see if it sticks.

beretta
11-28-2017, 06:23 AM
It is really hard to say no to more head but, im gonna have to pass on his lack of experience down south....

I could live either way with Venables or Pruit......but i have to remind myself when it was Mullen vs. Kevin Wilson.....both were good choices at the time....one flamed out and one didn't.....hope thats not the scenario here and cohen makes the right call

Couple of early morning thoughts.

I don?t believe that Pruitt told folks he had an offer just to throw others off the scent. Makes no sense and seems it would hurt his chances.

Moorhead is a very intriguing coach. But I want a coach with southern ties this time. I don?t want to have another learn on the job recruiter.

Venables knocked his interview out of the park much like Pruitt.

There is a name I heard that will shock some folks. Not due to him being a franklin or Saban or Meyer type name, but because he is a sitting head coach.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
11-28-2017, 06:29 AM
I am waiting to get confirmation. I don’t like to throw shit against the wall to see if it sticks.

Gotcha don't blame you ! But let's just hope we make the right hire because it's damn important that we do!

RiverCityDawg
11-28-2017, 06:47 AM
I assume sitting P5 HC? Not Saban type of course, but I would assume not Odom type either?

Cooterpoot
11-28-2017, 06:48 AM
Well, Chad Morris is a sitting coach. We know Cohen is interviewing him.

Dawg61
11-28-2017, 06:48 AM

Alright I am going to do some super intelligent guess work here based of the very little information you just posted.

1. It's a P5 coach unless it's Kiffin or maybe we shoot the moon and it's Scott Frost
2. It's probably not an SEC coach unless it's Stoops or Mason and I don't think we'd want either of them
3. Only Pac12 coach I would think is interested is Mike Leach but maybe Rich Rod too
4. I could see Mike Gundy wanting out at Ok State, Gary Patterson wanting out at TCU and Kliff Kingsbury wanting out at TTech
5. I could see Dino Babers at Syracuse wanting to capitalize off his win vs Clemson

Here's my super detective list of potential coaches that I really have no idea if they are interested or not that I have deducted from your very vague hint.

Lane Kiffin
Scott Frost
Mike Leach
Rich Rod
Mike Gundy
Gary Patterson
Kliff Kingsbury
Dino Babers
Mike Norvell (just cause I want to include him)

msstate7
11-28-2017, 06:50 AM
Alright I am going to do some super intelligent guess work here based of the very little information you just posted.

1. It's a P5 coach unless it's Kiffin or maybe we shoot the moon and it's Scott Frost
2. It's probably not an SEC coach unless it's Stoops or Mason and I don't think we'd want either of them
3. Only Pac12 coach I would think is interested is Mike Leach but maybe Rich Rod too
4. I could see Mike Gundy wanting out at Ok State, Gary Patterson wanting out at TCU and Kliff Kingsbury wanting out at TTech
5. I could see Dino Babers at Syracuse wanting to capitalize off his win vs Clemson

Here's my super detective list of potential coaches that I really have no idea if they are interested or not that I have deducted from your very vague hint.

Lane Kiffin
Scott Frost
Mike Leach
Rich Rod
Mike Gundy
Gary Patterson
Kliff Kingsbury
Dino Babers
Mike Norvell (just cause I want to include him)

Florida offered gundy.

Cooterpoot
11-28-2017, 06:51 AM
Patterson just signed an extension this weekend
Frost is done to Nebraska.
Nobody is touching Kiffin or Leach.

WinningIsRelentless
11-28-2017, 06:58 AM
Dana Holgorsen.

ElitedawgRecruiting
11-28-2017, 06:59 AM
It’s not that serious to me guys. I think we have already interviewed our next coach to be honest.

Dawg61
11-28-2017, 07:04 AM
Nobody is touching Kiffin or Leach.

Maybe not but that wouldn't stop them from trying to put their name in for our job

Dawgfan77
11-28-2017, 07:20 AM
My hope for the next head coach is Jason Candle at Toledo followed closely with Morries at SMU then moorehead, if those three don?t get the Job then hire Pruitt

Coursesuper
11-28-2017, 07:49 AM
It’s not that serious to me guys. I think we have already interviewed our next coach to be honest.

From what I’m hearing this is true.

Dawgface
11-28-2017, 08:17 AM
Meyer. He wants to beat Dan's ass next year.

Lord McBuckethead
11-28-2017, 08:24 AM

Waiting for. Confirmation, what is this.......? I think someone saw what happened last Thursday.

BrunswickDawg
11-28-2017, 09:44 AM
Gundy, Rich Rod, and Holgerson are interesting thoughts.

Gundy has been at OSU for a long time. He would only move for a secure job, to a school where he has control and not the boosters. I could also see him, like Dan, ready for a change. MSU would be a very good fit, but he would have to up his game on defense.

Rich Rod I'm on the fence. He was awesome at WV. Arizona is a tough program, but he and Mike Stoops seem to have made them a regular bowl team - which they hadn't been since the early 90s.

Holgerson might be a Dan 2.0 - I'm not sure about him - and I know I don't like the way things went down with WV, Bill Stewart and him.

TrapGame
11-28-2017, 09:50 AM
Well, Chad Morris is a sitting coach. We know Cohen is interviewing him.

After listening to Wolken talk about him this morning on OOB he'd be a damn good hire. Can recruit and intense coach. He turned SMU around in 3 yrs.

BulldogBear
11-28-2017, 09:51 AM

Gundy has been at OSU for a long time. He would only move for a secure job, to a school where he has control and not the boosters. I could also see him, like Dan, ready for a change. MSU would be a very good fit, but he would have to up his game on defense.

Rich Rod I'm on the fence. He was awesome at WV. Arizona is a tough program, but he and Mike Stoops seem to have made them a regular bowl team - which they hadn't been since the early 90s.

Holgerson might be a Dan 2.0 - I'm not sure about him - and I know I don't like the way things went down with WV, Bill Stewart and him.

Mike Gundy has been the head coach of his alma mater for a decade now. He's there till he dies, retires, or they run him off. I'm not really sure why people keep bringing him up for other coaching jobs.

RougeDawg
11-28-2017, 09:52 AM
Rich Rod and Kingsbury were two that popped into m head. Neither of those has really had a defense to complement their offense. In Mississippi you will always gave more defensive talent than offensive. Either Would be a nice hire. And kingsbury wold be from the Leach Emily tree.

Sacrifice
11-28-2017, 10:01 AM
My boy Larry Fedora! Sets records everywhere he goes plus he wears a visor with shades and makes it work!

RougeDawg
11-28-2017, 10:04 AM
My boy Larry Fedora! Sets records everywhere he goes plus he wears a visor with shades and makes it work!

Yes, he is another one who has won at two HC stops. And he knows Mississippi well. That would piss off at least 10 people in the state.

StarkVegasSteve
11-28-2017, 10:11 AM

Holgorsen is interesting. Heard from some people early on that he had interest if the job was to come open. He also has ties to the state having coached at Mississippi College for 3 years and he has a kid who lives in Pisgah. Also know he loves the Juco talent in the state. I think he'd be able to keep the class in tact and add some good pieces.

turkish
11-28-2017, 10:15 AM
Talk around Red Stick last year was that Dana wanted that LSU job bad.

Lord McBuckethead
11-28-2017, 10:18 AM
Florida offered gundy.

Yeah, and Florida is a pile of crap. Mullen was their 4th choice. Mullen wanted to be someone's 4th choice. 4th choice. Damn that i worse than being someone's bridesmaid. Mullen is that girl in the wedding handing out programs. Like, dude shows up in FL and only like 6 people greet him. Lame Gator chomp. Three people clapping. Hell, his kids and wife didn't even look jazzed to be there. 4th choice is funny.

bluelightstar
11-28-2017, 10:21 AM

It is rumored in a couple places that he reached out to us about the job. I'm sure he wants out of UNC.

Political Hack
11-28-2017, 10:26 AM
Yeah, and Florida is a pile of crap. Mullen was their 4th choice. Mullen wanted to be someone's 4th choice. 4th choice. Damn that i worse than being someone's bridesmaid. Mullen is that girl in the wedding handing out programs. Like, dude shows up in FL and only like 6 people greet him. Lame Gator chomp. Three people clapping. Hell, his kids and wife didn't even look jazzed to be there. 4th choice is funny.

Chip Kelly took a 23% pay reduction to not be their coach.

1bigdawg
11-28-2017, 10:36 AM
Well, interviewing Morris or Odom would "shock some folks," because we have been talking about them. Interesting to hear who it is. I would love for it to be Frost. Everyone says he is going to Nebraska, but it has not happened yet. If he is not looking elsewhere, why the delay.

Dawg61
11-28-2017, 10:43 AM
Well, interviewing Morris or Odom would "shock some folks," because we have been talking about them. Interesting to hear who it is. I would love for it to be Frost. Everyone says he is going to Nebraska, but it has not happened yet. If he is not looking elsewhere, why the delay.

Cause they are about to play in the AAC champ game

Commercecomet24
11-28-2017, 10:57 AM

That was a pretty weak greeting for dan tuberville from the uf people. I've had more people greet me at the airport just coming back from a trip lol. The gator chomp thing was just awful. This has disaster written all over it for them.

sleepy dawg
11-28-2017, 11:34 AM
It took Chad Morris 3 years in the AAC to do what Dan Mullen did in 1-2 years at MSU in the SEC. I'll politely pass on this guy.

Doggie_Style
11-28-2017, 11:38 AM
Chip Kelly took a 23% pay reduction to not be their coach.

and Don Murlins took a lateral move not to be ours...idiot

MeridianDog
11-28-2017, 11:51 AM
I agree with whoever said "we have already interviewed our next HC."

It will happen between now and Friday.