PDA

View Full Version : Big (bigger than football) picture

Leroy Jenkins
11-27-2017, 11:47 PM
Here's something that hit me out of the blue today. If you will concede that the two biggest names when determining the future landscape of college athletics in Mississippi are John Cohen an Ross Bjork, think about what that means going forward. Even the most delusional shark-fan in the tree thicket has to be very nervous when they think about that match-up and what it means for hiring and vision in the future. I mean we have a guy who is interviewing top notch candidates. Bjork hired a position coach from inside their own building, and paid him 3 mil a year.

https://sdnmsu.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/2.jpg

vs

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CO8tTtxUcAEJr4g.jpg:large

I was cautiously optimistic (but nervously so) about Cohen initially because he wasn't a bean-counter, money-raiser, administrator type; and I thought that's what we would be looking for. From my perspective, the man has easily exceeded expectations so far. That intense bastard is going to have all of our programs on solid footing.

Commercecomet24
11-27-2017, 11:49 PM
There is so much right with that post! Rep given!

Perpetual Underachiever
11-28-2017, 12:02 AM
BeastMan started a great thread about how much pull/respect we have throughout the SEC and around the country. This is when doing things the right-way pays off. Take Pruitt for example: the current Alabama AD left on great terms with State, the current Alabama chancellor is a State grad and still a fan at heart, and I honestly could see Saban blessing this much easier than any other SEC opportunity.

There's no telling who we end up with, but I'm fully confident in the athletic department and administration to make the right decision. As much as it kills the SEC media...the HC position in Starkville is about as good as it gets.

gravedigger
11-28-2017, 12:06 AM
Here's something that hit me out of the blue today. If you will concede that the two biggest names when determining the future landscape of college athletics in Mississippi are John Cohen an Ross Bjork, think about what that means going forward. Even the most delusional shark-fan in the tree thicket has to be very nervous when they think about that match-up and what it means for hiring and vision in the future.

https://sdnmsu.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/2.jpg

vs

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CO8tTtxUcAEJr4g.jpg:large

I was cautiously optimistic (but nervously so) about Cohen initially because he wasn't a bean-counter, money-raiser, administrator type, and I thought that's what we would be looking for. From my perspective, the man has easily exceeded expectations so far. That intense bastard is going to have all of our programs on solid footing.

Sports personnel wise he is the best or will be proven to be. Has a president behind him. For better or worse, the decision goes through him.

Leroy Jenkins
11-28-2017, 02:13 AM
Apologize for the self-aggrandizing bump, but that damn Bjork picture is ahhhmazing.

Maroonthirteen
11-28-2017, 06:07 AM
There is no question, States on campus leadership is miles ahead of OMs.

I?m just hoping like hell yall are right on the NCAA. I hope they absolutely cripple oM.

ILOATHEBears
11-28-2017, 07:04 AM
There is no question, States on campus leadership is miles ahead of OMs.

I?m just hoping like hell yall are right on the NCAA. I hope they absolutely cripple oM.

There was a caller that called into one of the afternoon in state sports shows that said he was at the egg bowl and was talking with an OM guy and the guy said he was an OM compliance officer. The compliance guy said they fully expect to get ATLEAST 2 additional years added to the bowl ban. Take that for what it?s worth added with them hiring Luke added to no other coach would even sniff the beautiful campus added to not a fan mccready insinuating it?s gonna be bad = AWESOMENESS

The Federalist Engineer
11-28-2017, 10:15 AM
General Douglas MacArthur vs Enron "Investor Relations" Officer

I like our chances here...

Leroy Jenkins
11-28-2017, 11:38 AM
There was a caller that called into one of the afternoon in state sports shows that said he was at the egg bowl and was talking with an OM guy and the guy said he was an OM compliance officer. The compliance guy said they fully expect to get ATLEAST 2 additional years added to the bowl ban. Take that for what it?s worth added with them hiring Luke added to no other coach would even sniff the beautiful campus added to not a fan mccready insinuating it?s gonna be bad = AWESOMENESS

The McReady stuff gives me hope... but he’s been nothing but wrong this whole time so I don’t know what to think.