PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like Pruitt?s name was floated out

Coach34
11-27-2017, 08:38 PM
To gauge fan reaction. He may the leader in the clubhouse but we have a few more guys to check on before officially extending an offer. Trying not to get held hostage by Sexton.

Well done Cohen. Keep it up

BuckyIsAB****
11-27-2017, 08:44 PM
I'd like to see us hire a guy by the end of the week. No time to waste and ready for somebody to give this fan base what they deserve not always looking for a way out

chef dixon
11-27-2017, 08:47 PM
To gauge fan reaction. He may the leader in the clubhouse but we have a few more guys to check on before officially extending an offer. Trying not to get held hostage by Sexton.

Coach any other names you've heard to be on the look out for?

TXDawg
11-27-2017, 08:49 PM
We better get somebody by tomorrow to keep the 2018 class together. Mullen hit the ground running at FL and is already starting to sway those guys.

Early signing period will kill us if we don’t get a great hire soon.

Doggie_Style
11-27-2017, 08:50 PM

Seriously? All the talk about how prepared for this situation Cohen was and you are telling me they are taking their sweet ass time to make sure they get it right? A few days could set us back years! I hope Cohen has already made his offer to his #1 or we are in trouble...

natchezdawg
11-27-2017, 08:50 PM
That doesn't sound like a very good idea at all, nor like something Cohen would do...

yjnkdawg
11-27-2017, 08:51 PM
Cohen is the Man. You need to cover all your bases, by interviewing several candidates, or more because if you have somebody (you think) that you want, things can go south in a hurry. Then too in some cases you may find a candidate that impresses you more and fits what you are lookng for better. And also not having to pay a high ransom when he (agent) tries to hold you hostage. I wouldn't have any problem, though, if we got a commitment from Pruitt tonight.

KOdawg1
11-27-2017, 08:53 PM
I trust Cohen. Yes, I would like us to hurry and next year is very important, but this hire goes past just next year. this is the future of our program. I want us to get it right and I have no doubt that Cohen will do just that.

mstatefan91
11-27-2017, 08:55 PM
Gauge fan reaction... I don't think that's a real thing with coaching searches.

1bigdawg
11-27-2017, 08:56 PM
I will be pilloried here, but I will be fine as long as we have hired someone by the end of NEXT week. Getting it right is more important than getting it quick. Having said that I check this site at least once an hour.

Ari Gold
11-27-2017, 08:57 PM
Seriously? All the talk about how prepared for this situation Cohen was and you are telling me they are taking their sweet ass time to make sure they get it right? A few days could set us back years! I hope Cohen has already made his offer to his #1 or we are in trouble...

It hasn't even been 48 hours yet. Yes we need to find a guy soon but also need to make sure it's the right guy..

MeridianDog
11-27-2017, 08:57 PM
Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

some are leaving

tick

tock

Others hear some are leaving

Tick

Tock

Wait until time is right

Tick

Tock

Someone else leaves

Tick

Tock

Back down road to oblivion

Tick

Tock

thf24
11-27-2017, 08:58 PM

That's fine and good but if he's our top target I really hope Tennessee doesn't grab him while we're taking our time posturing.

Dallas_Dawg
11-27-2017, 08:59 PM
I don?t think I would want the AD to be gauging fan reaction. I want my AD to find the right guy for the job and go get his ass

yjnkdawg
We better get somebody by tomorrow to keep the 2018 class together. Mullen hit the ground running at FL and is already starting to sway those guys.

Early signing period will kill us if we don’t get a great hire soon.

If you can get an announcement of the hiring of a hc in 4 to 5 days after another coach leaves, that 's moving pretty quick in the process.

shoeless joe

This sounds like spin...Pruitt didn't accept rite away and we are trying to save face.

I trust Cohen and I wouldn't mind venables. But I don't buy the "floated out" response

calidawg
11-27-2017, 09:00 PM

It absolutely is. Love it or hate it, social media is ingrained in sports and must be manipulated and utilized properly.

Coach34
11-27-2017, 09:01 PM
That doesn't sound like a very good idea at all, nor like something Cohen would do...

AD’s do it all the time. Hell, Byrne did it for certain things while he was AD. Look at Tenn- they leaked Schiano and the fans went nuts- so they backed off him. Social media is widely used in today’s world

BuckyIsAB****
11-27-2017, 09:02 PM
This sounds like spin...Pruitt didn't accept rite away and we are trying to save face.

I trust Cohen and I wouldn't mind venables. But I don't buy the "floated out" response

There is no earthly reason as to why we are not in touch with lane kiffin then

TrapGame
11-27-2017, 09:03 PM
Well, has Pruitt been offered the job or not?

If he was offered and we are on hour six waiting for his response that's not good!

calidawg
11-27-2017, 09:05 PM
AD’s do it all the time. Hell, Byrne did it for certain things while he was AD. Look at Tenn- they leaked Schiano and the fans went nuts- so they backed off him. Social media is widely used in today’s world

UT isn't a good example of good use of social media. UT should have floated it a day or 2 before to gauge reaction, not when they were literally about to sign him.

yjnkdawg
11-27-2017, 09:06 PM

He probably just threw feelers out to see who might be interested if Mullen left. I can't see him actually conducting interviews when Mullen is still our coach. THat makes no sense and who would interview for a job that they didn't know whether an actual opening would occur.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-27-2017, 09:06 PM
AD?s do it all the time. Hell, Byrne did it for certain things while he was AD. Look at Tenn- they leaked Schiano and the fans went nuts- so they backed off him. Social media is widely used in today?s world

Tennessee not a good example to use at this point. Not good at all.

LC Dawg
11-27-2017, 09:07 PM
I don?t think Tennessee is a good example of how to find a coach.
I don?t know what?s happening but I hope Cohen has a #1, 2, and 3 choice and gets something done soon.

Roy Munson
11-27-2017, 09:08 PM
Well, has Pruitt been offered the job or not?

If he was offered and we are on hour six waiting for his response that's not good!

I don?t get this pine of thinking. I was offered a job on New Year?s Eve and didn?t even respond to it until January 3. I then said give me a couple of days to think about it. I?ve been on vacation for a week. And we are talking about 10?s of thousands of dollars. Not millions.

TrapGame
11-27-2017, 09:11 PM
I don?t get this pine of thinking. I was offered a job on New Year?s Eve and didn?t even respond to it until January 3. I then said give me a couple of days to think about it. I?ve been on vacation for a week. And we are talking about 10?s of thousands of dollars. Not millions.

Either you want the job or you don't.

I've got a feeling we're keeping Monken warm as our third choice.

Cooterpoot
11-27-2017, 09:12 PM

Damn, I hope some of you don't shoot your wad as fast as you expect Cohen to.

Coach34
11-27-2017, 09:12 PM
UT isn't a good example of good use of social media. UT should have floated it a day or 2 before to gauge reaction, not when they were literally about to sign him.

well Tenn called the press conference for Mullen- then got the rug pulled out from under them and had to float out Schiano

Dawg61
11-27-2017, 09:13 PM

Needs to be after that disaster in Knoxville yesterday

TUSK
11-27-2017, 09:13 PM
UT AD Currie, get out your pencil and notepad... take some notes...

Coach34
11-27-2017, 09:14 PM
He probably just threw feelers out to see who might be interested if Mullen left. I can't see him actually conducting interviews when Mullen is still our coach. THat makes no sense and who would interview for a job that they didn't know whether an actual opening would occur.

he was talking to agents until Mullen officially left

Commercecomet24
When things are rushed things get screwed up. Cohen doing what he needs to do. This needs to be right hire.

ATTILLA THE DOG
I still think we are making a mistake not going after Satterfield,get him and offer 1.5 million to a top notch DC.

yjnkdawg
Damn, I hope some of you don't shoot your wad as fast as you expect Cohen to.

Good comment and I agree.

I seen it dawg
11-27-2017, 09:15 PM
If anyone sprints to the ledge in this short amount of time then do us all a favor and go ahead and take a header. **** Cohen is doing his job and he is interviewing. It doesn’t take 5 days after an interview to know if it’s your guy. He will move expeditiously to make sure he can hire the best guy possible. My guess we have our guy in the next 24 hours.

Dawg61
11-27-2017, 09:15 PM
Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

some are leaving

tick

tock

Others hear some are leaving

Tick

Tock

Wait until time is right

Tick

Tock

Someone else leaves

Tick

Tock

Back down road to oblivion

Tick

Tock

This is exactly how Tennessee ended up hiring Dooley and Butch. They panicked trying to save a recruiting class. Give it a rest it hasn't even been two days.

I seen it dawg
11-27-2017, 09:16 PM
I still think we are making a mistake not going after Satterfield,get him and offer 1.5 million to a top notch DC.

We might be

Commercecomet24
11-27-2017, 09:17 PM
If anyone sprints to the ledge in this short amount of time then do us all a favor and go ahead and take a header. **** Cohen is doing his job and he is interviewing. It doesn’t take 5 days after an interview to know if it’s your guy. He will move expeditiously to make sure he can hire the best guy possible. My guess we have our guy in the next 24 hours.

This! Do things with urgency not panic.

Irondawg
11-27-2017, 09:19 PM
Either way you look at this, Cohen is playing this thing properly.

If you believe Pruitt has an offer than I believe it has an acceptance deadline. Cohen is not going to let Sexton play around with him this turn. If Sexton wants to shop him to TN or wait to see what FSU does then we are continuing the process and the job may or may not be filled.

So you keep interviewing to either potentially find another guy you like or at the least to keep pressure on your top guy.

Meanwhile you let interviewee names get out to see reaction

99jc
11-27-2017, 09:20 PM

Yeah sure.......signed Tennessee fans.

I seen it dawg
11-27-2017, 09:21 PM
I got a sneaky feeling Cohen has no issue calling Sexton or any other agent on the carpet and getting in their ass. He might not hire the right guy but he won’t get run over.

Doggie_Style
11-27-2017, 09:21 PM
Look Cohen had a #1 picked out...he?s been interviewed and offered...he?s on a very short clock...probably 24 hours....in the mean time we continue to talk and interview #2 and #3.....this ends soon

Todd4State
11-27-2017, 09:22 PM
Fan reaction to a coach is a very big deal nowadays. Especially since we have fans that are worried about replacing a successful coach. If Cohen hires the equivalent of Rick Ray he may end up at Alabama taking orders and doing menial work that Greg Byrne doesn't want to do. So, he kind of has to make sure that he gets this right.

ATTILLA THE DOG
11-27-2017, 09:23 PM
We might be

Making a mistake or going after him.

Sacrifice
11-27-2017, 09:24 PM
I wonder if Pruitt is slow walking us waiting on FSU

mstatefan91
11-27-2017, 09:25 PM
Yeah sure.......signed Tennessee fans.

Shiano would have been their coach if Travis hadn't led an online revolt that ended up on campus.

TrapGame
11-27-2017, 09:25 PM
Look Cohen had a #1 picked out...he?s been interviewed and offered...he?s on a very short clock...probably 24 hours....in the mean time we continue to talk and interview #2 and #3.....this ends soon

Ok, I can see that.

I seen it dawg
11-27-2017, 09:27 PM
Making a mistake or going after him.

Going after. I feel like I hear a good bit of good shit but Cohen is really good at keeping things under his shirt which is awesome and honestly there is a good bit of intrigue so far. See the Cannizzarro hire.

I seen it dawg
11-27-2017, 09:29 PM
I wonder if Pruitt is slow walking us waiting on FSU

If he is Cohen is gonna have to be stone cold sold on him to wait. And I don’t think he’s that candidate above everyone else. So IF Pruitt is offered he will be put on a tight clock and will have to choose quick.

preachermatt83
11-27-2017, 09:29 PM
Lol. What a joke. I can assure you John Cohen is not leaking anything for fan reaction. He offered the job to Pruitt and he's interviewing others while he waits on Pruitts decision. Has to have a b plan.

I seen it dawg
11-27-2017, 09:30 PM
Cohen was a high level coach. He totally gets the recruiting clock. I doubt he has slept a whole lot since Sunday AM.

RocketDawg

Maybe he doesn't want to get into a Tennessee situation by hiring somebody, then having to renege because of fan protests. That was a very strange situation.

preachermatt83

Exactly!!!

Doggie_Style
11-27-2017, 09:31 PM
Lol. What a joke. I can assure you John Cohen is not leaking anything for fan reaction. He offered the job to Pruitt and he's interviewing others while he waits on Pruitts decision. Has to have a b plan.

Yea I just daid that...

ATTILLA THE DOG
Going after. I feel like I hear a good bit of good shit but Cohen is really good at keeping things under his shirt which is awesome and honestly there is a good bit of intrigue so far. See the Cannizzarro hire.

I think the guy would do a good job.

preachermatt83
I got a sneaky feeling Cohen has no issue calling Sexton or any other agent on the carpet and getting in their ass. He might not hire the right guy but he won’t get run over.

This^^^

Really Clark?
Anybody losing their mind because we haven't hired a coach in less than 2 days needs to get a grip. Cohen is acting appropriately and in an expedited way. But he is not going to rush and hire someone who doesn't met his criteria. The process is moving well for us. Especially compared to others in our conference who had or are scrambling

I seen it dawg
11-27-2017, 09:32 PM

I think he absolutely has. Not like it used to be out there in coaching searches and as stupid as i think it is, you need to get the temp of the fan base that’s supplying cash to keep the machine running. Unfortunately it’s the climate we are in now.

preachermatt83
11-27-2017, 09:36 PM
7-10 days is a fair Amt of time. Mullen left YESTERDAY!! Geez guys, cmon.

raywhitewasframed
11-27-2017, 09:38 PM

Neither did UT?s A.D.
See where that got him.

Coach34
11-27-2017, 09:39 PM
I think he absolutely has. Not like it used to be out there in coaching searches and as stupid as i think it is, you need to get the temp of the fan base that?s supplying cash to keep the machine running. Unfortunately it?s the climate we are in now.

some people don?t understand that it?s not 1995 anymore

Doggie_Style
11-27-2017, 09:40 PM
Cohen, unlike Tennessee, had his candidates vetted and ready for a final interview. Notice you are not hearing names of coaches with baggage (like Norvell with his gambling or Kiffen with his BS)....we are probably done tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest....

somebodyshotmypaw
11-27-2017, 09:40 PM
7-10 days is a fair Amt of time. Mullen left YESTERDAY!! Geez guys, cmon.

I'll be shocked if we don't have a coach by the end of the week. And probably much sooner.

Commercecomet24
11-27-2017, 09:42 PM
If you compare what Cohen is doing with the way most of these places have handled their coaching searches/firings, Cohen is a champ. Lot of incompetence out there.

TrapGame
11-27-2017, 09:43 PM
Cohen, unlike Tennessee, had his candidates vetted and ready for a final interview. Notice you are not hearing names of coaches with baggage (like Norvell with his gambling or Kiffen with his BS)....we are probably done tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest....

I like you. You're very calming. Post more.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-27-2017, 09:48 PM
I think Cohen is going through a thorough but expedited process. Be quick, but be clean and concise. Don't rush, but don't waste time. I trust Cohen and Keenum to do it right.

TUSK
11-27-2017, 09:53 PM
I think Cohen is going through a thorough but expedited process. Be quick, but be clean and concise. Don't rush, but don't waste time. I trust Cohen and Keenum to do it right.

This reminded me of the training expression/rule: "Slow is Smooth; Smooth is Fast."

TrapGame
11-27-2017, 09:57 PM
This reminded me of the training expression/rule: "Slow is Smooth; Smooth is Fast."

I can see Billy Dee Williams saying that in a Colt .45 commercial from the 80's.

Political Hack
11-27-2017, 10:09 PM

They have to call people to see if the money will be behind certain picks. They don?t care what the message boards say much, but testing the mood is smarter than not testing the mood. Can’t hurt after what UT just went through.