PDA

View Full Version : How is recruiting and bowl practices handled during a transition

Dawgology
11-27-2017, 03:07 PM
This is a very important time for recruiting with the early signing period...how is this done with a skeleton crew? I'm sure most of our commits are waiting to see who comes in but...damn.

Also, all reports point to us having a couple of coaches with "some" ingame experience left behind the some GA's. We letting them call the bowl game? I fully expect to lose that game now but I'm just wondering.

I really think it will be tough to get a coach in place in time to make an impact in either of these areas.

SDDawg
11-27-2017, 03:15 PM
As of right now you have Knox, Elliott, Looney, English, Baker and Buckley still on the staff and in Starkville (technically Grantham may be but I expect he's gone). That is enough coaching to coordinate bowl practices and respectably coach the bowl game - not ideal, but it isn't impossible to pull off. Linebacker coaching is an obvious hole here but most other position groups would have the attention and expertise to get ready.

This is assuming we don't have a quick hire and influx of new coaches in the next 7 days.

lastmajordog
11-27-2017, 03:29 PM
Hope Brad Petterson is in the middle of it, great Coach....

Spiderman
11-27-2017, 03:47 PM
This is a very important time for recruiting with the early signing period...how is this done with a skeleton crew? I'm sure most of our commits are waiting to see who comes in but...damn.

Also, all reports point to us having a couple of coaches with "some" ingame experience left behind the some GA's. We letting them call the bowl game? I fully expect to lose that game now but I'm just wondering.

I really think it will be tough to get a coach in place in time to make an impact in either of these areas.

Usually not handled well until you get a new HC

drunkernhelldawg
11-27-2017, 03:48 PM
We're in the shredder. No fun.

ScoobaDawg
11-27-2017, 03:50 PM
We will just make the best of it.
As noted.. it really depend on when the new HC and STAFF get in...
with the new signing period and thus the change in hiring / firing timeline... some installment of the systems might be able to be done but it will be a few base system for the bowl.

Cary Hudson's little bro
11-27-2017, 03:51 PM
Those coaches are more worried about telling commits to sit tight and see who we hire.

Todd4State
11-27-2017, 04:14 PM
So no Dan, Hevesy, and Gonzalez? What's the difference as far as recruiting again?

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2017, 04:18 PM
So no Dan, Hevesy, and Gonzalez? What's the difference as far as recruiting again?

No Dan is causing us to probably lose QB recruits but no Hevesy and Gonzalez will cause us to get better OL and WR recruits so it evens out.