PDA

View Full Version : Man, I miss the days where successful coaches rarely changed jobs. I mean, you knew

IMissJack
11-27-2017, 01:59 PM
every year that certain jobs were never going to change. Now, FSU, TN, Aub, AR, Mich, etc. are in play as much as mid level teams from year to year.

BrunswickDawg
11-27-2017, 02:02 PM
The coaching turnover will kill CFB if the crootin doesn't do it first.

Dawgology
11-27-2017, 02:04 PM
Yeah the days of the tenured coaches (Bowden, Fulmer, Joe Pa) are long over. Mullen and Saban were outliers for the most part.

msudawglb
11-27-2017, 02:09 PM
Maybe the NCAA should make a rule stating, if a coach breaches a contract and desires to leave a University without cause, he can only receive as a max for his first year 75% of his existing salary.

I mean, the NCAA makes an athlete sit out a year if he wants to transfer...why not penalize the coach too.

Parker Street
11-27-2017, 04:06 PM
every year that certain jobs were never going to change. Now, FSU, TN, Aub, AR, Mich, etc. are in play as much as mid level teams from year to year.

A lot of it has to do with the fans and social media. Just about all of the fans of Power 5 schools now believe their school should be winning at least 10 games just about every year.

Mullen will not last long at Florida if he does not consistently win big, and that includes winning the SEC Championship every two or three years.

Doggie_Style
11-27-2017, 04:12 PM

...that was before the internet, you got Al Gore to thank for this mess***

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2017, 04:22 PM
A lot of it has to do with the fans and social media. Just about all of the fans of Power 5 schools now believe their school should be winning at least 10 games just about every year.

Mullen will not last long at Florida if he does not consistently win big, and that includes winning the SEC Championship every two or three years.

They fired McE because he didn't run Spurrier's offense and win the SEC. If Dan doesn't beat UGA and win the SEC then he won't last more than 3 years.