PDA

View Full Version : The Mullen thread - He's Gone so keep it all here

bluelightstar
11-27-2017, 01:52 PM
More
Dan Mullen's contract -- $6 million a year for six years, the Sun has learned -- @pat_dooley

Not the enormous amount people were expecting -- especially if rumors were true that we were going to $6m+. Guy was just ready to go.

Oh, and buyout here was only $500k.

BB30
11-27-2017, 01:55 PM
We would have gone up to 6.5-7. He was just ready to leave.

ScoobaDawg
11-27-2017, 01:55 PM
A source would have been nice bluelight...The buyout of $500k isn't the deal.. UF would have paid way more to get him likely.
https://twitter.com/pat_dooley/status/935218900266049536
Pat Dooley‏ @pat_dooleyFollowingFollowing
@pat_dooley

More

Dan Mullen's contract -- $6 million a year for six years, the Sun has learned

bluelightstar
11-27-2017, 01:57 PM
A source would have been nice bluelight...The buyout of $500k isn't the deal.. UF would have paid way more to get him likely.
https://twitter.com/pat_dooley/status/935218900266049536
Pat Dooley‏ @pat_dooleyFollowingFollowing
@pat_dooley

More

Dan Mullen's contract -- $6 million a year for six years, the Sun has learned

sorry messed it up from my phone trying to embed

preachermatt83
11-27-2017, 01:58 PM

Nah, Cohen didn't think he was worth that... neither do I. We offered 5.7.

Really Clark?
11-27-2017, 01:59 PM
That's a $36 MIL contract. We can only go 4 years in MS so it's the equivalent to $9 MIL per year. Not sure how much is guaranteed. But with our situation in MS you have to look at the total contract amount for equal comparisons

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2017, 01:59 PM

Apparently just tired of being Saban's bitch and losing the Egg while he was looking for jobs every year. I guess he thinks Kirby won't be as rough when he bends him over in Jacksonville.

bluelightstar
11-27-2017, 02:01 PM
Also just came out that Gundy was offered the job before Mullen. Congrats Mullen on taking a job where neither the fans nor the administration want you

msstatelp1
11-27-2017, 02:02 PM
Surely UT had to have offered more than that of they were serious about Mullen.

parabrave
11-27-2017, 02:06 PM
Apparently just tired of being Saban's bitch and losing the Egg while he was looking for jobs every year. I guess he thinks Kirby won't be as rough when he bends him over in Jacksonville.

Yep agree with you on this. But he is about to be Smarts and O's bitch. If we played LSU now they would beat us.

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2017, 02:18 PM
Also just came out that Gundy was offered the job before Mullen. Congrats Mullen on taking a job where neither the fans nor the administration want you

I thought it was kind of funny that Tebow's tweet that he was glad they got a coach who accepted their expectation of championships. McE won the SEC East 2 straight years and Mullen has crapped the bed anytime we had a chance at something big. I hope Mullen got a big guarantee or 3 years in Gainesville won't be worth it.

Bodaski
11-27-2017, 02:32 PM
If memory serves me well didn't we offer Peterson at Boise St. at the time 1st. I think he and Greg Byrne were close.

ScoobaDawg
11-27-2017, 02:32 PM
I thought it was kind of funny that Tebow's tweet that he was glad they got a coach who accepted their expectation of championships. McE won the SEC East 2 straight years and Mullen has crapped the bed anytime we had a chance at something big. I hope Mullen got a big guarantee or 3 years in Gainesville won't be worth it.

BOOM. Great post. Truth...

CarolinaDawgs
11-27-2017, 02:34 PM
That sumbeach wanted out of here. hot damn.

BrunswickDawg
11-27-2017, 02:42 PM

Jacksonville ABC/NBC News ended their segment on it last night with "Dan Mullen brings back a history of championship level offenses. Something Florida fans have a right to expect for the Gators". Those entitled SOBs are getting what they deserve. QB draw on 3rd and 11. Every. Single. Time.

Pollodawg
11-27-2017, 02:46 PM
Jacksonville ABC/NBC News ended their segment on it last night with "Dan Mullen brings back a history of championship level offenses. Something Florida fans have a right to expect for the Gators". Those entitled SOBs are getting what they deserve. QB draw on 3rd and 11. Every. Single. Time.

I’n right there with you.

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2017, 02:53 PM

They better hope they don't have a 150 lb RB on the roster because that guy is about to be killed running up the middle 10 times a game.

AlSwearengen
11-27-2017, 02:53 PM
think about it. If information that c34 posted was true, Megan was also ready for a change of scenery. I have a feeling they are looking at this new Florida contract as their retirement. If he survives it great. If not and he still wants to work, he is pretty good as an analyst and can go work for espn with less stress.

EdDawg
11-27-2017, 03:10 PM
Retirement contract? How much do you need nowadays to retire? He?s already made well over $30 million.

drunkernhelldawg
11-27-2017, 03:18 PM
He should probably refund whatever he was paid for this season. It seems to have vanished into thin air.

BrunswickDawg
11-27-2017, 03:21 PM
Retirement contract? How much do you need nowadays to retire? He?s already made well over $30 million.

All about perspective. I had a archaeologist friend who won $3m in the GA lottery. He bought a small house in the country, a new F250, a bass boat, and put the rest in a trust. Worked spring and fall when the weather was nice and only chose jobs near good bass fishing. Archaeology paid for bait, gas, beer, bait, and food. Something tell me Dan needs more than that.

Duckdog
11-27-2017, 03:23 PM
All about perspective. I had a archaeologist friend who won $3m in the GA lottery. He bought a small house in the country, a new F250, a bass boat, and put the rest in a trust. Worked spring and fall when the weather was nice and only chose jobs near good bass fishing. Archaeology paid for bait, gas, beer, bait, and food. Something tell me Dan needs more than that.

Man, your buddy is living the life.

lastmajordog
11-27-2017, 03:24 PM
Well, somebody has to do it.....Rebs have ?Pine Box Tubby? for their own......what will be Mullen?s nick name now?........

ScoobaDawg
11-27-2017, 03:25 PM
I don't know why... I'm watching but God..all of us who have heard his crap for years...know the bullsh*t.
Relentless effort...over and over.. more coach speak
Hey I like scoring points..thats fun.. i won't stop. HAHAHA Riiigghht classy coach who won't run up the score...

ScoobaDawg
11-27-2017, 03:26 PM
Well, somebody has to do it.....Rebs have ?Pine Box Tubby? for their own......what will be Mullen?s nick name now?........
Nothing... He's gone and dead to us. He lied but thats what ever college head coach does.
He didn't make any outrageous claims like that.

iPat09
11-27-2017, 03:28 PM

Lateral Move

defiantdog
11-27-2017, 03:30 PM
Mullen is about to find out that the U of F isn?t as easy to recruit as it used to be..... lots of schools cherry picking from that state now. And I don?t care what anyone says.... I?ve lost all respect for Dan. You don?t leave a team like he did. He straight up lied to them.

drunkernhelldawg
11-27-2017, 03:33 PM
I don't know why... I'm watching but God..all of us who have heard his crap for years...know the bullsh*t.
Hey I like scoring points..thats fun.. i won't stop. HAHAHA Riiigghht classy coach who won't run up the score...

Yeah. Relentless effort. Like the last series vs. Bama or the first vs. UM. What a bumper sticker! If only bumper stickers could coach . . .

BrunswickDawg
11-27-2017, 04:01 PM
Lateral Move

THIS ^^^ Lateral Move Mullen

RougeDawg
11-27-2017, 04:10 PM
Not sure if mentioned yet, but has anyone thought about the Irony of this timing? One of the main proponents of the early signing period due to his perception that it would increase our chances of maintaining recruiting classes, bolts a couple weeks before the first early signing period ever? Yankee was given everything he ever wanted and more, but it wasn't enough.

Barring any back to back horrid seasons he could have retired here. How much of a gut punch will it be if Lil Nicky hangs them up this year or next? Dipshit will have gone over to the potential next Bama, in Georgia, while finally having the team to win the West without Saban.

I say this because there has been a noticeable decline in Bama the last 3-4 seasons. They could've easily had 3 losses this year, including to us and LSU. The trajectory of that program is currently downward and Nicky may want to get out before ending a career with an 8-4 season. They have Mizzou and TN from east next year, with USC in 2019, and Georgia in 2020. Let's factor in an Auburn team on the rise, the most talented team in MSU history and an LSU that always plays them tight. He's getting up in age and may not want to wait much longer and go out somewhat on top.

Commercecomet24
11-27-2017, 04:10 PM
Mullen is about to find out that the U of F isn?t as easy to recruit as it used to be..... lots of schools cherry picking from that state now. And I don?t care what anyone says.... I?ve lost all respect for Dan. You don?t leave a team like he did. He straight up lied to them.

This is where i'm at. If a coach tells the media and fans, I'm happy here, great job, blah,blah,blah and then leaves, that's part of it. Telling your players straight to their face you're not going anywhere and then bailing on them. That takes, a cold hearted snake. That's narcissistic, sociapath behavior. No remorse, no concern for anyone but yourself. Showed his true colors. And Megan saying she hated the way they were treated at florida, blah,blah,blah and now Dan saying she picked going back there. They can have both of them

West Tn Dawg
11-27-2017, 04:22 PM
Coming up shortly.

BulldogBear
11-27-2017, 04:23 PM
I’n right there with you.Don't forget playing not to lose in Jacksonville every year. Also against FSU.

They better hope they don't have a 150 lb RB on the roster because that guy is about to be killed running up the middle 10 times a game.
Can't wait to read UF fans melt over that kind of stuff.

think about it. If information that c34 posted was true, Megan was also ready for a change of scenery. I have a feeling they are looking at this new Florida contract as their retirement. If he survives it great. If not and he still wants to work, he is pretty good as an analyst and can go work for espn with less stress. Four years and gone. You heard it here. Their expectations aren't sustainable anymore. There gas been a paradigm change. Read below.

This^^^

Add the smaller Florida schools bleeding the depth UF might have expected get a decade ago. It's long rebuild. Boo Bounds is wrong. He will not win big there.

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2017, 04:30 PM
Don't forget playing not to lose in Jacksonville every year. Also against FSU.

Four years and gone. You heard it here. Their expectations aren't sustainable anymore. There gas been a paradigm change. Read below.

This^^^

Add the smaller Florida schools bleeding the depth UF might have expected get a decade ago. It's long rebuild. Boo Bounds is wrong. He will not win big there.

Similar to how when USM is good, we suffer with our depth some. I didn't think about USF, UCF, FAU, and others all taking the 3rd string type players from UF. It will be interesting to see if Mullen ups his recruiting game or if UF will melt down when he gets a top 20 class instead of a top 5.

West Tn Dawg
11-27-2017, 04:43 PM
Had to follow Spurrier already!

TrapGame
11-27-2017, 04:45 PM
**** that guy.

Pollodawg
11-27-2017, 04:46 PM
What did he say? I don’t watch Finebaum.

lefty96
11-27-2017, 04:46 PM
who?

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2017, 04:47 PM
17 him

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2017, 04:48 PM
He probably said, "We just love Gainsville soooo much that we couldn't pass it up. Megan just looooves the fans here and doesn't actually think they suck. Go Gay tors".

Sacrifice
11-27-2017, 04:49 PM
Sounds like C34 was dead ass on. Mullen said he took multiple calls on Friday

Coach34
11-27-2017, 04:50 PM
Sounds like C34 was dead ass on. Mullen said he took multiple calls on Friday

people gonna learn to listen one day

RougeDawg
Don't forget playing not to lose in Jacksonville every year. Also against FSU.

Four years and gone. You heard it here. Their expectations aren't sustainable anymore. There gas been a paradigm change. Read below.

This^^^

Lets also add in the current signing class limits that are in place, opposed to the rules last go round. Dan has already shown that he will not cater to top prospects and pander. If this does not change and they are pulling 10-20 ranked classes the natives will be restless year round.

He has shit the bed, but hasn't woken up yet from his dream.

mstatefan91
You mean Don? Don't remember a Dan.. hmm

Msujd164
11-27-2017, 04:51 PM
After being at Florida for 4 years, and MSU at 9, "It just means more" at Florida.

Bodawg
11-27-2017, 04:53 PM
Don said the clincher was Megan is able to buy groceries online now.

lefty96
11-27-2017, 04:57 PM
Don said the clincher was Megan is able to buy groceries online now.

I really wonder if Dean's wife is unhappy or that whole story was part of some narrative.

TrapGame
11-27-2017, 05:00 PM
I really wonder if Dean's wife is unhappy or that whole story was part of some narrative.

Endearing one's self to the town folk.

Remember, she was trained to be a talking head. She uses words very well.

CJDAWG85
11-27-2017, 05:02 PM
**** that POS

West Tn Dawg
11-27-2017, 05:03 PM
After being at Florida for 4 years, and MSU at 9, "It just means more" at Florida.

The way he said it, I felt like he was saying he had 9 years at State and 4 years at FL and understood the "SEC" just means more. Not Florida.

Doggie_Style
11-27-2017, 05:07 PM

She had the whole trailer park fooled that she just looooooved her some Starkville!! I hate that kind of BS

Homedawg
11-27-2017, 05:07 PM
people gonna learn to listen one day

100% on this one.... all of it...sometimes things change, but the info you get is usually right.

KOdawg1
11-27-2017, 05:08 PM
Has Mullen thanked MSU for the last 9 years or anything? Because I haven't seen it.

LibraryDawg
11-27-2017, 05:10 PM
He's already offered Guidry.

Commercecomet24
11-27-2017, 05:10 PM
Dan and Megan both turned out to be less than truthful. Good bye, good riddance! And don't come back!

thf24
11-27-2017, 05:11 PM
Has Mullen thanked MSU for the last 9 years or anything? Because I haven't seen it.

Twitter indicates we got a few sentences during his introduction presser.

Msujd164
11-27-2017, 05:16 PM
Could be, but I took it as him saying that it meant more Florida, especially with the "Boom!" Comment from Rutledge, who is a UF alum.

BulldogBear
11-27-2017, 05:22 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/florida/look-new-florida-coach-dan-mullen-arrives-gainesville/amp

Thsee images just burn me up all over again. It's like watching your ex with a new dude only hours after your breakup but supposedly wasn't cheating on you. Right.

The pic of him and Backstablin shaking hands just makes me wish I was standing there with a super soaker full of skunk juice.

lefty96
11-27-2017, 06:03 PM

Sounds right. Never did fully trust Daryl.

shannondawg
11-27-2017, 06:07 PM
I gotta admit , I doubted you and Rosie. Both spot on.

I was so pissed yesterday when I first heard, but now I realize it was time for Dan to move on and we start a new "era" with a loaded wagon. We ain't the cow college of the old days, we have some clout now.

Bothrops
11-27-2017, 06:30 PM
Dan is a fraud. He's even giving Florida fake smiles.

RougeDawg
11-27-2017, 06:33 PM
Dan is a fraud. He's even giving Florida fake smiles.

He better refrain from talking shit about the Sun Belt the next few seasons. He will be lobbying for a gig in that conference around 2020-2021.

State82
11-27-2017, 06:37 PM
Oh yeah. I've been meaning to ask if anyone "in the know" has an idea of how much we will be owed by UF for violating the Slive Rule. Ha!!

BrunswickDawg
11-27-2017, 06:42 PM
Got home and turned on the TV news - all Mullen - -all ?Dan?s gonna save us?. I hate living in the Jacksonville TV market

Duckdog
11-27-2017, 06:45 PM

Dasshole

dawgday166
11-27-2017, 06:45 PM

That's the shit I didn't like about him too. I only saw 4 years of relentless or very good effort. 2009, 2010, 2014 (minus OM & GT games), and this year until Arky game. Although I would question Georgia and maybe Auburn games too.

He padded his stats against bad opponents and struggled to score 20 against top 4 SEC W teams, every year.

dawgday166
11-27-2017, 06:54 PM
The way he said it, I felt like he was saying he had 9 years at State and 4 years at FL and understood the "SEC" just means more. Not Florida.

Is this the same guy who said on SEC coaches corner before the season started 2 or 3 years ago "We went on vacation to Europe this summer. It was nice going someplace in the world where EVERYTHING isn't about SEC football".

oldwave
11-27-2017, 07:02 PM

Then you should listen to it again. The tone, the way he referred to both places and inflection seemed pretty obvious what he was saying. I respect his decision to move on but am truly disappointed in the way he has handled it.

BuckyIsAB****
11-27-2017, 07:33 PM
Bye Dan. Bye meddling, bye 1A/1B. Bye senior scrubs over freshman studs. Bye up for every job. Bye its never my fault. Bye lateral move. Bye country club. Bye Air Mullen. Bye shrimp dick in big games. Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out

bomanishus
11-27-2017, 08:13 PM
"Championships!" Mullen....truth ain't in him!