PDA

View Full Version : Fly in the ointment? Is Sexton Pruitt's agent? Cause now Tennessee

Coach34
11-27-2017, 11:55 AM
sounds like they have come calling for his services also.

Big4Dawg
11-27-2017, 11:56 AM
Maybe why Cohen is trying to make this happen fast.

MetEdDawg
11-27-2017, 11:58 AM
Quickest way to derail your future in coaching is to go to Tennessee right now. That place is an absolute dumpster fire.

AgDawg
That?s a pretty toxic place at the moment. They are going to have to get a Tennessee guy in there to settle things. Also don?t think Currie will be there very much longer.

msstate7
Better call lane

Lloyd Christmas
11-27-2017, 11:59 AM
sounds like they have come calling for his services also.

If he goes there then they overpaid big time or he’s a dumbass to walk into that dumpster fire.

Perpetual Underachiever
11-27-2017, 11:59 AM
Yes, Sexton is his agent. Honestly, UT does not worry me at all. They would have a hard time selling Croom on accepting the HC position after the Schiano debacle. Hopefully it is just Sexton being Sexton, trying to squeeze a few more dimes out of Cohen.

RougeDawg
11-27-2017, 12:00 PM
Quickest way to derail your future in coaching is to go to Tennessee right now. That place is an absolute dumpster fire.

We learned last night that money trumps all things, including dumpsters on fire.

Political Hack
If he?s a Sexton guy, Id honestly not be upset if we just move along.

I know everyone blames state and ole miss people for the NCAA issues at ole miss right now, but sextonnplayed a HUGE hand in the issues with Tunsil which resulted in the NCAA reopening the case. He?s dangerous and snake. I?d prefer we just stay away from any of his people if at all possible.

Lloyd Christmas
Delete double post

shoeless joe
11-27-2017, 12:08 PM

I know everyone blames state and ole miss people for the NCAA issues at ole miss right now, but sextonnplayed a HUGE hand in the issues with Tunsil which resulted in the NCAA reopening the case. He?s dangerous and snake. I?d prefer we just stay away from any of his people if at all possible.

Was sexton the issue with Mullen or is it not clear now that Mullen really did just want out?

Prediction? Pain.
11-27-2017, 12:08 PM
Is Todd Monken on standby if the Pruitt deal doesn't work out? And if so, who else is on the back-up list?

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2017/11/27/bucs-assistant-todd-monken-has-been-contacted-about-the-mississippi-st-head-coaching-job/

msstate7
11-27-2017, 12:09 PM
Is Todd Monken on standby if the Pruitt deal doesn't work out? And if so, who else is on the back-up list?

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2017/11/27/bucs-assistant-todd-monken-has-been-contacted-about-the-mississippi-st-head-coaching-job/

App st guy?

Coach34
11-27-2017, 12:10 PM
Was sexton the issue with Mullen or is it not clear now that Mullen really did just want out?

Mullen was gone regardless. He was taking the Tenn job until Fla called. Thats why Tenn called a Sunday press conference

Dawg61
11-27-2017, 12:11 PM
Better call lane

Someone with photoshop skills do some work please. Lane would be a great hire.

http://images.amcnetworks.com/amc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/better-call-saul-S3-key-art-logo-400x600.jpg

msstate7
11-27-2017, 12:13 PM
Someone with photoshop skills do some work please. Lane would be a great hire.

http://images.amcnetworks.com/amc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/better-call-saul-S3-key-art-logo-400x600.jpg

I agree. Throw crazy money at grantham to stay. You could get both for less than Mullen/grantham cost.

Mjoelner34
11-27-2017, 12:15 PM
App st guy?

Only if Leach, Norvell, Fuentes, Venables, Monken, Fleck ....etc said no first.

confucius say
11-27-2017, 12:16 PM
TN is trying to hire a TN guy now. Nobody else will touch it. Tee martin, cutcliffe, hell they may even have to beg fulmer.

Maroonthirteen
11-27-2017, 12:17 PM
Don’t shoot the messenger. Dave Barto was asked by Bo Bounds what he thought of the MSU coaching search. Barto laughed and said the names he has seen. He is already talking to other ADs about those candidates. This was much earlier today and he didn’t mention a name. Barto seemed butt Hurt Cohen doesn’t use his service.

msstate7
11-27-2017, 12:17 PM
TN is trying to hire a TN guy now. Nobody else will touch it. Tee martin, cutcliffe, hell they may even have to beg fulmer.

I think tee could be a nice hire

Political Hack
11-27-2017, 12:18 PM

Mullen hired Sexton because he wanted out, but I don’t believe he would’ve taken the UT job. In fact, he was set to sign an extension with state at the same time he was set to be taking a “high-level” meeting with UT. He played both sides and stepped out the side door to Florida. He snaked the shit out of everyone. Keenum is reportedly pissed at Mullen and Strick for how sneaky they were. People saying he was leaving for UT are listening to the UT people that he also lied to. He lied to us, but they think he was telling UT the truth? Doesn’t add up.

Sexton s ales Tunsil when he was supposed to sign with another agent and that agent burned him at the draft. Everyone thought it was his step daddy. It wasn’t. It was another agent. That’s why it went away and nobody pressed charges despite the crazies saying the FBI was going to get involved. Once they realize what happened they shut the hell up and let it die down because it would’ve shown improper relationships with an agent prior to him being done at OM. Then, Freeze and sexton go down and have a little meet and greet in Jackson to smooth things over with the old agent and all was well in the world again, except the NCAA reopened the investigation and caused the house of cards to tumble.

Sexton is trouble.

WinningIsRelentless
11-27-2017, 12:19 PM
Sexton may be a little gun shy of Cohen if the rumors are true.

MrKotter
11-27-2017, 12:23 PM

Don?t agree with you much but I do here regarding Sexton. He?s a dirt bag with a cheap looking wife

Coursesuper
11-27-2017, 12:28 PM
Look y’all can bitch about Sexton all you want but if you want to play with the big boys this is the way the land lays. We started theses conversation with Sexton a few weeks ago, you don’t call a coach you call an agent to gauge interest.

confucius say
11-27-2017, 12:31 PM
Sexton may be a little gun shy of Cohen if the rumors are true.

Go on...

Coach34
11-27-2017, 12:32 PM
Only if Leach, Norvell, Fuentes, Venables, Monken, Fleck ....etc said no first.

Norvell is unhireable
Leach is not even being considered- we arent hiring anyone 50+
Fuentes isnt leaving VT

BuckyIsAB****
11-27-2017, 12:34 PM
If its not Pruitt its Lane Kiffin. Cant go wrong with either. Pruitt needs a good offensive staff, Lane would need a good defensive staff. Both can recruit their ass off and neither one give a shit if you like them or not

Dallas_Dawg
11-27-2017, 12:34 PM
Why is Norvell unhireable? Have seen this many times but no reasons

WinningIsRelentless
11-27-2017, 12:40 PM
Go on...

Let's just say the intense bastard came out. The phrase I told the AD to hire him to begin with and I'll find the next him might have been said.

Lloyd Christmas
11-27-2017, 12:45 PM
The phrase I told the AD to hire him to begin with and I'll find the next him might have been said.

This sentence is an unmitigated disaster.

mstatefan91
11-27-2017, 12:49 PM
Sounds like Cohen is taking credit for hiring Mullen or something? I have no idea.. just ok

WinningIsRelentless
11-27-2017, 12:55 PM
Sounds like Cohen is taking credit for hiring Mullen or something? I have no idea.. just ok

John was in all the interviews that took place 9 years ago at the request of Bryne. Walking out of the room in Atlanta after interviewing Mullen he told Bryne that's your guy lock him up today.

gtowndawg
11-27-2017, 12:58 PM
Let's just say the intense bastard came out. The phrase I told the AD to hire him to begin with and I'll find the next him might have been said.

http://y107.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/70545-Jesse-Pinkman-what-gif-imgur-lWaL.gif

basedog
11-27-2017, 01:00 PM

+1

What I was told this morning about Sexton dealing with first Fl, then Tn, then Msu and finally back to Fl is or was disgusting to hear. He is toxic to all Universities but his Clients love him.

Johnson85
11-27-2017, 01:03 PM

it's possible, but that would cut out a lot of candidates.

Dawg61
11-27-2017, 01:03 PM
+1

What I was told this morning about Sexton dealing with first Fl, then Tn, then Msu and finally back to Fl is or was disgusting to hear. He is toxic to all Universities but his Clients love him.

If he got Mullen the HC job at Florida for $8 mill a year it's easy to see why these coaches hire Sexton. Honestly it's kinda amazing to see that yesterday we were in a battle between Tennessee and Florida for our coach. No way that's remotely possible 9 years ago. That's how far we have come as a program.

mstatefan91
11-27-2017, 01:05 PM
If he got Mullen the HC job at Florida for $8 mill a year it's easy to see why these coaches hire Sexton. Honestly it's kinda amazing to see that yesterday we were in a battle between Tennessee and Florida for our coach. No way that's remotely possible 9 years ago. That's how far we have come as a program.

Not sure we were ever in that battle. Looks like Mullen wanted out and was waiting to see what Florida would offer him. He may have then used State as a way to weasel out some more $$$, but we were never going to keep him yesterday.

Dawg61
11-27-2017, 01:07 PM

I don't think it is wise to start avoiding Sexton. Yes he pimps his clients and he plays schools to get the best deal for his clients but he's doing it with the best coaches available and to the best jobs available and we are considered in amongst that crowd and we want to stay there even though it sucks when we lose out on coaches. At least we are at the table of choices.

basedog
11-27-2017, 01:08 PM

Sexton Played Tn hard, Mullen was NEVER going to Tn, Sexton knew this and got Mullen more money from Msu, then Fl being Fl came into play with Sexton laughing knowing they would over pay. He just called all their bluff's and rolled the dice and won big time.

Btw, now I know why Finebaum has been saying Mullen wanted out, it was Sexton telling him. Sexton is a piece of sh*t like I said except to his clients. Low down scum to all Universities!

Coach34
11-27-2017, 01:10 PM
Sexton Played Tn hard, Mullen was NEVER going to Tn, !

Matt Wyatt and I say you are wrong. Tenn called a press conference and it wasnt for Schiano

Sexton is also a Tenn guy- so he wasnt playing them much. Finebaum is a Tenn guy also. Both guys wanted Mullen at Tenn

basedog
11-27-2017, 01:16 PM
Matt Wyatt and I say you are wrong. Tenn called a press conference and it wasnt for Schiano

Sexton is also a Tenn guy- so he wasnt playing them much. Finebaum is a Tenn guy also. Both guys wanted Mullen at Tenn

Mullen and Sexton had Tn on the hold the whole time when Kelly dropped out at Fl, you and Matt may have the same source but that ain't what I was told. One thing for sure, Mullen DID want out of StarkVegas. Btw, yes Sexton told Tn Mullen was interested while he had Fl on the phone.

yjnkdawg
11-27-2017, 01:16 PM
Delete

GreenheadDawg
11-27-2017, 01:18 PM
I’m sure TN will lock up Pruitt with Ann ungodly amount of money for a first time HC. I hear TN is pushing hard

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2017, 01:22 PM
http://www.elitedawgs.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2934&d=1511806889

Dawg61
I’m sure TN will lock up Pruitt with Ann ungodly amount of money for a first time HC. I hear TN is pushing hard

If we get Lane Kiffin and they get Pruitt we win.

Lord McBuckethead
I was going to add more to it, but I had shit to do.

AlSwearengen

I just had a seizure trying to read it.

Dawg61
11-27-2017, 01:23 PM
http://www.elitedawgs.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2934&d=1511806889

Haha this is phenomenal but you misspelled Kiffin

Political Hack
11-27-2017, 01:26 PM
Mullen and Sexton had Tn on the hold the whole time when Kelly dropped out at Fl, you and Matt may have the same source but that ain't what I was told. One thing for sure, Mullen DID want out of StarkVegas. Btw, yes Sexton told Tn Mullen was interested while he had Fl on the phone.

This is what I got. Doesn’t matter now I suppose, but either way State got played a hung out to dry by Strick, Mullen, and Sexton.

MarketingBully
11-27-2017, 01:29 PM

Tennessee isn’t getting anyone unless it’s a Tennessee guy. My bet is they get Tee Martin which would be awesome compared to where that job is. It’s an absolute dumpster fire and that AD will probably be fired within a week. Why would any sane coach go into that situation? Mullen wasn’t going to Tennessee.

basedog
11-27-2017, 01:31 PM
This is what I got. Doesn’t matter now I suppose, but either way State got played a hung out to dry by Strick, Mullen, and Sexton.

Tn is a bad dumpster fire, Sexton knows this and they can be bullied big time. I was told Cohen wasn't or isn't real happy about being played by Sexton. Florida just has more resources, Sexton was smart with a no to them from the beginning but kept them informed as he did Tn and Msu. When Mullen told Tn no don't send the plane Sexton was tearing up AT&T phone lines.

Coach34
11-27-2017, 01:34 PM

Nope- Stricklin went to Mullen- not Sexton once Kelly bailed. Foley/Strick wanted to hear from the horse's mouth if he was interested or not.

basedog
11-27-2017, 01:41 PM
Nope- Stricklin went to Mullen- not Sexton once Kelly bailed. Foley/Strick wanted to hear from the horse's mouth if he was interested or not.

Maybe so, it really doesn't matter, Fl got their man and Sexton set everything up.

Doggie_Style
11-27-2017, 01:46 PM
Maybe so, it really doesn't matter, Fl got their man and Sexton set everything up.

...which is why Dan hired Sexton after his former agent failed to land him the Miami job...

Coach34
11-27-2017, 01:55 PM
...which is why Dan hired Sexton after his former agent failed to land him the Miami job...

yep

sandjunky
11-27-2017, 01:59 PM

yep

Which is a blessing otherwise loafers makes the football hire, no?

sandjunky
11-27-2017, 02:00 PM

yep

Which is a blessing otherwise loafers makes the football hire, no?

Parker Street
11-27-2017, 03:20 PM
There is a report, probably with no basis in fact, that Jason Witten is interested in the Tennessee job. His career is winding down with the Cowgirls.

Political Hack
11-27-2017, 03:30 PM
There is a report, probably with no basis in fact, that Jason Witten is interested in the Tennessee job. His career is winding down with the Cowgirls.

If they resort to hiring a guy who’s never been a coach at any level as a head coach in the SEC, they’d be the laughing stock of college football.

Parker Street
11-27-2017, 03:33 PM
If they resort to hiring a guy who’s never been a coach at any level as a head coach in the SEC, they’d be the laughing stock of college football.

I doubt there is any interest by Witten. Just another internet Rumor.

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2017, 03:45 PM

People thought the Gruden hire might not be the best. Whitten would be a horrible choice. Looking like Tee Martin might be the guy. He actually is the OC for USC now and has done fairly well. Also won more National Titles than Peyton Manning although he can get the running shits for the 98 Championship game. The TD to Peerless was in the endzone that I was sitting in.

Cooterpoot
11-27-2017, 03:50 PM
TN is going to dick around and get Cooter. He’d jump on it.

StarkVegasSteve
11-27-2017, 04:08 PM
If we're ultimately 17ed by Pruitt, it might be time to go get Lane and curb stomp everybody for a couple of seasons. And if you thought Mullen got under the Rebs skin, just wait for Kiffin to get to tweeting about how many points we're dropping on people

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2017, 04:24 PM
If we're ultimately 17ed by Pruitt, it might be time to go get Lane and curb stomp everybody for a couple of seasons. And if you thought Mullen got under the Rebs skin, just wait for Kiffin to get to tweeting about how many points we're dropping on people

Lane might embrace the Starkvegas idea more than any coach in the country. Does the Pony have a VIP area?

StarkVegasSteve
11-27-2017, 04:40 PM
Lane might embrace the Starkvegas idea more than any coach in the country. Does the Pony have a VIP area?

I'm sure they'd be accomodating, I mean they had Hugh Freeze appreciation night. So they obviously love college coaches

Lord McBuckethead
11-28-2017, 09:27 AM
Damn, I did. Well I could fix it, but I would rather incorrectly spell his name.

jtricer1973
11-28-2017, 11:56 AM
T Martin would be good for Tn I guess, as if I really care what's good for them! I still have nightmares about T Martin and 1998!!