PDA

View Full Version : When UF comes to Scott Field next year...

DanDority
11-27-2017, 10:47 AM
Will we roll out the red carpet for *******, like we did for Stanz return to Vegas? Serious question because I believe we will, unfortunately.

lefty96
11-27-2017, 10:50 AM
If that atmosphere isn't near egg bowl levels of pissed, I will be disappointed.

BrunswickDawg
11-27-2017, 10:59 AM
Will we roll out the red carpet for *******, like we did for Stanz return to Vegas? Serious question because I believe we will, unfortunately.

I don't think so. The difference was that a good amount of time had passed, he wasn't coaching another in-conference school, and we fired him vs. us getting jilted. The wound will be too open and festering.

Liverpooldawg
11-27-2017, 11:09 AM
I have no real ill will toward Mullen. His AD needs to stay in Florida where he belongs and not come to the game.

msstatelp1
11-27-2017, 11:31 AM
Play all of Dan's greatest losses on the Jumbotron that show him staring blankly on the sideline while the other team, especially Bama and OM, scores over and over.

shannondawg
11-27-2017, 11:34 AM
Just whip their ass good and proper, that ought to do it. Let his fans deal out the misery.

Knowing those assholes, they will let it be known pretty quick.

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2017, 11:37 AM
We need to play "Go on take the money and run" when they show him on the jumbotron.

PMDawg
11-27-2017, 11:47 AM
I'm not happy right now either. But show some class and thank him for the 9 years he spent elevating our program. No use to be bitter. It's over, both sides should move on.

Has he released anything thanking MSU for a great 9 years, giving him a shot, being so good to his family, etc? I havent seen one, so I assume not. So he's already the low class one, so far. Let's not join him.

NickTaylor
11-27-2017, 01:02 PM
I'm not happy right now either. But show some class and thank him for the 9 years he spent elevating our program. No use to be bitter. It's over, both sides should move on.

Has he released anything thanking MSU for a great 9 years, giving him a shot, being so good to his family, etc? I havent seen one, so I assume not. So he's already the low class one, so far. Let's not join him.

As disappointed as I am right now (moreso at the prospect of Grantham leaving with him), I agree with this wholeheartedly. By then, we should be the ones taking the high road and just let our team take care of business on the field. Let the hot head UF fans run him into the ground after he gets beat by his old team.

He's been super quick to update all of his social media promoting the return to Gainesville, but it is wild that nothing has come out thanking the Starkville folks for the 9 years. Maybe after everything is official in Gainesville, I don't know, but Strange Brew's "Bye Felicia" is pretty fitting to how much I'm going to fret over this moving forward.

Mjoelner34
11-27-2017, 01:04 PM
Play all of Dan's greatest losses on the Jumbotron that show him staring blankly on the sideline while the other team, especially Bama and OM, scores over and over.

Also, play this at the start of the 4th qtr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3oU1AlVATs (https://youtu.be/f3oU1AlVATs)

War Machine Dawg
11-27-2017, 01:13 PM

I said it to my blogging buddies yesterday and may have said it here, but I'll repeat it now: I hope we boo the shit out of both Mullen & Stricklin. Screw those guys, especially Benedict Stricklin. He should be persona non grata at MSU forever.

DownwardDawg
11-27-2017, 01:17 PM
The SEC will have us playing at 11:00 am.

Noah11
11-27-2017, 01:19 PM
I want a "F**k you Mullen" chant from the students. I don't have a problem with him leaving, because its a buisness, but i do have a problem with him looking our players in the eyes and telling them he isn't going anywhere.

Cowboydawg
11-27-2017, 01:28 PM
I just don't have any animosity toward Mullen. Over the last 9 years he has built us into a consistent winner and left our program "on top". Good timing for him and us. We all knew it was coming eventually so what makes it so bad now? I'd rather him leave us with a great team coming back than leave us in shambles.

BulldogBacker
11-27-2017, 01:35 PM
I have no real ill will toward Mullen. His AD needs to stay in Florida where he belongs and not come to the game.

I fully agree with Liverpooldawg's post. Dan built our program back from the mess Croom left. He is our second leading winning coach in total wins. Being a Head Coach of a Power 5 Program is a business. I do not blame him at all.

BulldogBacker
11-27-2017, 01:40 PM
Also, play this at the start of the 4th qtr.
https://youtu.be/f3oU1AlVATs

Tommy, if Boeing offered you the job as Chief of Engineering, and almost doubled your current salary, would you leave your current job? I left a few jobs to take a higher paying job in my career.

Ari Gold
11-27-2017, 01:42 PM
I will cheer because Hevesy and Gonzo will be on the opposite sideline.

Doggie_Style
11-27-2017, 01:44 PM

Actually.....show the clip where Dan has a shit-eating grin on his face as we miss the FG to lose to So. Alabama.....as he stands there in those dumb ass Bermuda shorts...

Tbonewannabe
I fully agree with Liverpooldawg's post. Dan built our program back from the mess Croom left. He is our second leading winning coach in total wins. Being a Head Coach of a Power 5 Program is a business. I do not blame him at all.

Croom left Dan with a lot of talent. Croom is the one that cleaned up the mess and left a good foundation of hard work and accountability. Dan won 9 games in 2010 with mostly Croom players. Dan did improve the program but it wasn't as bad as when Croom took over.

msstatelp1
It's fun to come up with imaginative ways to say F U Dan, but I'm ok with doing nothing as long as nothing includes not acknowledging him or Stricklin as ever being part of MSU. Treat it as any other game.

Dawg50
11-27-2017, 02:43 PM
No he has not. Everything is centered around him. He built the stadium, the atmosphere, winning etc....all about him. Why would be be gracious to University and players now ?

starkvegasdawg
11-27-2017, 02:47 PM
Tommy, if Boeing offered you the job as Chief of Engineering, and almost doubled your current salary, would you leave your current job? I left a few jobs to take a higher paying job in my career.

When you left those jobs, did you tell those under you who look up to as almost a second father that you weren?t going anywhere?

RougeDawg
11-27-2017, 02:56 PM
When you left those jobs, did you tell those under you who look up to as almost a second father that you weren?t going anywhere?

Exactly. The way Dan walked out after talking all that shit about Florida, Foley, Collins' "Lateral Move", and blowing smoke up the players' asses, would be similar to the lead presenter in a huge corporate presentation telling his co workers he was leaving in the morning for "Competitor X". Basically leaving the team in disarray and dysfunction, while only thinking about himself.

I for one would have a hard time allowing that person to leave the room without at least one black eye.

Pollodawg
11-27-2017, 03:00 PM
As disappointed as I am right now (moreso at the prospect of Grantham leaving with him), I agree with this wholeheartedly. By then, we should be the ones taking the high road and just let our team take care of business on the field. Let the hot head UF fans run him into the ground after he gets beat by his old team.

He's been super quick to update all of his social media promoting the return to Gainesville, but it is wild that nothing has come out thanking the Starkville folks for the 9 years. Maybe after everything is official in Gainesville, I don't know, but Strange Brew's "Bye Felicia" is pretty fitting to how much I'm going to fret over this moving forward.

It truly has been disappointing how nonchalant he?s been about his last nine years here.

StarkVegasSteve
11-27-2017, 03:03 PM
"Take the Money and Run" has to be played doesn't it?

EdDawg
11-27-2017, 03:05 PM
How about ?Forget you?

I?m sorry I don?t feel the need to thank someone we made a millionaire.

chainedup_Dawg
11-27-2017, 03:07 PM
Dan doesn't owe me a thing. BUT, for him to preach family, the whole chain thing, relentless effort, telling players and recruits he was going anywhere, sending them texts hours before, all the shit he's said this year....and he can't even face the players and address the team before he leaves? He may not owe me anything but he damn sure owes the players. Instead he chose to show he's a 17'n coward

Jarius
11-27-2017, 03:25 PM
He also did not take another job for more money. His contract at Florida is exactly what we offered him to stay. It is what it is. He is full of shit and lied to a group of 18 year olds a week before he left. His wife is full of shit as well as she lied about how much she hated Gatorville.

War Machine Dawg
11-27-2017, 03:32 PM
I nominate this be played:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_B0VNAEEBk

sleepy dawg
11-27-2017, 03:49 PM
I sure hope not. He's a visitor now. I appreciate everything he did while he was here, but now he's gone now.

If Scott comes too, I hope we make his trip hell.

Todd4State
11-27-2017, 04:20 PM
I like to idea of South Alabama highlights for Dan. And we should give Scott a turkey in a Snow Bowl tribute jersey.

DanDority
11-27-2017, 05:35 PM
I said it to my blogging buddies yesterday and may have said it here, but I'll repeat it now: I hope we boo the shit out of both Mullen & Stricklin. Screw those guys, especially Benedict Stricklin. He should be persona non grata at MSU forever.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to War Machine Dawg again

Love IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bass Chaser
11-27-2017, 05:56 PM
I’m thinking turn off the hot water in the visitor locker room, leave them about 10 chairs to get dressed, and remove any lockers.

BulldogBear
11-27-2017, 05:57 PM
1) Beat his puckered play not to lose butt up and down the field.

2) Booing is fine

3) No f-bomb chants. Let's be better than that.

4) It's too soon for any friendly stuff though. Talking to administration as well.

5) Back to the field. Leave. No. Doubt. I want him to leave Starkville thinking that could've been him on the other sideline with new Gator skin boots. Make him leave Starkville wondering if he's made a terrible error in judgment about the direction these programs are going.

West Tn Dawg
11-27-2017, 06:16 PM
I will say it again! We owe Dan nothing as far as Thank You! We paid him well and thanked him by keeping him and giving him a handsome raise every year, including an offer this year.
He owes us a Thank you!

Commercecomet24
11-27-2017, 06:28 PM
Dan doesn't owe me a thing. BUT, for him to preach family, the whole chain thing, relentless effort, telling players and recruits he was going anywhere, sending them texts hours before, all the shit he's said this year....and he can't even face the players and address the team before he leaves? He may not owe me anything but he damn sure owes the players. Instead he chose to show he's a 17'n coward

Dead on accurate! He screwed these players who he claimed to love and his ?family?. He?s a snake.

Duckdog
11-27-2017, 06:56 PM
He also did not take another job for more money. His contract at Florida is exactly what we offered him to stay. It is what it is. He is full of shit and lied to a group of 18 year olds a week before he left. His wife is full of shit as well as she lied about how much she hated Gatorville.

#dasshole

RougeDawg
11-27-2017, 08:03 PM
1) Beat his puckered play not to lose butt up and down the field.

2) Booing is fine

3) No f-bomb chants. Let's be better than that.

4) It's too soon for any friendly stuff though. Talking to administration as well.

5) Back to the field. Leave. No. Doubt. I want him to leave Starkville thinking that could've been him on the other sideline with new Gator skin boots. Make him leave Starkville wondering if he's made a terrible error in judgment about the direction these programs are going.

A guy who repeatedly ran Holloway up the gut against Bama, LSU and Auburn defensive fronts will never acknowledge they ever made a mistake. While A Train held a clip board to boot.

I seen it dawg
11-27-2017, 08:07 PM
**** that guy. Skull **** him and hevesys sieve of a ****ing line.

afranzo
11-27-2017, 08:20 PM
I will say it again! We owe Dan nothing as far as Thank You! We paid him well and thanked him by keeping him and giving him a handsome raise every year, including an offer this year.
He owes us a Thank you!

EXACTLY... Don't act like the last 9 years did not happen... A genuine and public (tweet/video/whatever) THANK YOU to the kids on the team current and past/fans/school/donors/etc would go a long way... show true character...

Either way let's skull17 the heck out of them next year and put him on the hot seat year one...

BuckyIsAB****
11-27-2017, 08:32 PM
EXACTLY... Don't act like the last 9 years did not happen... A genuine and public (tweet/video/whatever) THANK YOU to the kids on the team current and past/fans/school/donors/etc would go a long way... show true character...

Either way let's skull17 the heck out of them next year and put him on the hot seat year one...

What? Dont you know? Mullen did everything. And nothing that ever went wrong was his fault

Hail State
11-27-2017, 10:01 PM
The best way to get at him would be for everyone to cheer for him in appreciation when he runs out or is shown on the Jumbotron and then have our team throughly kick the shit out of him. That will reenforce what he and we all know. That he was at a place that appreciated him, paid him well, a place he built and when his teeth get kicked in his new pseudo "fans" will run him through the ringer and the sting of his mistake will slowly creep in like the Sunday scaries. It's then he'll realize he made a grave mistake.

As far as it goes for Stricklin, don't ever darken our door again.

Maroonthirteen
11-27-2017, 10:10 PM
I?m thinking turn off the hot water in the visitor locker room, leave them about 10 chairs to get dressed, and remove any lockers.

On the wall, A fat head of Dan in his MSTate garb, with the quote of UF being a lateral move

anubus
11-27-2017, 10:38 PM
this needs to be on the jumbotron........the male cheerleader greeting mullen who does that pansy chomp imagine the reaction......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sod6UTPa0k

BulldogBear
11-28-2017, 09:01 AM
The best way to get at him would be for everyone to cheer for him in appreciation when he runs out or is shown on the Jumbotron and then have our team throughly kick the shit out of him. That will reenforce what he and we all know. That he was at a place that appreciated him, paid him well, a place he built and when his teeth get kicked in his new pseudo "fans" will run him through the ringer and the sting of his mistake will slowly creep in like the Sunday scaries. It's then he'll realize he made a grave mistake.

As far as it goes for Stricklin, don't ever darken our door again.

I'd take this a little further and it would still be a 17 U for those that think we need one. I'd do some nice jumbo tron tribute but end it with big huge letters that says "Welcome back Coach Don Milner!"

Noah11
11-28-2017, 09:15 AM

Florida payed him 6 mil, Cohen offered to match it. He didn't leave for "almost double the current salary". He left because he said "Him and his wife are ready for a new challenge".

lastmajordog
11-28-2017, 09:25 AM
On that video it sure didn’t sound like the welcome he got when he came to the DOGS......

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2017, 09:45 AM

And now apparently is trying to poach whatever recruits he can. Don "Lateral Move" Merlins can go suck a d&*k.

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2017, 09:48 AM
Our PA announcer needs to refer to him as Lateral Move and play the video of him saying that about Collins.

Edit: Also maybe play the interview with Megan talking about the shitty fans that are in Gainesville.

BulldogBear
11-28-2017, 09:56 AM
Our PA announcer needs to refer to him as Lateral Move and play the video of him saying that about Collins.

Edit: Also maybe play the interview with Megan talking about the shitty fans that are in Gainesville.

If the quote is on audio, play it every time we score.