PDA

View Full Version : Cohen to meet with Jeremy Pruitt Monday

BulldogBites15
11-27-2017, 09:45 AM
It is being reported Cohen will meet with Jeremy Pruitt Monday morning. Pruitt has reportedly expressed interest in the Mississippi State job.
http://trumaroontakeover.com/2017/11/27/sources-cohen-to-meet-with-jeremy-pruitt-monday-morning/

Lloyd Christmas
11-27-2017, 09:48 AM
It is being reported Cohen will meet with Jeremy Pruitt Monday morning. Pruitt has reportedly expressed interest in the Mississippi State job.
http://trumaroontakeover.com/2017/11/27/sources-cohen-to-meet-with-jeremy-pruitt-monday-morning/

It sounds like he's got his OC in mind already as well. I'm very happy with Pruitt if that's the way we go

msudawg1200
11-27-2017, 09:50 AM
I can live with this, especially if he brings in a top notch OC.

BulldogBites15
11-27-2017, 09:54 AM
Being reported that if he gets the job, he will look at Auburn OC Chip Lindsey and former Arizona State OC Billy Napier as OC at State. If that were to happen, I believe that would be a homerun for State.

3rdGen
11-27-2017, 09:59 AM
I can get behind this hire. Maybe it could keep our recruiting classes together and if he brings in Lindsey with him that would be aight with me.
Or if he brought in the Missouri oc Houple or whatever his name is.

MafiaDawg
11-27-2017, 09:59 AM
Lindsey not leaving and I'm not sold on Napier.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-27-2017, 10:00 AM
Being reported that if he gets the job, he will look at Auburn OC Chip Lindsey and former Arizona State OC Billy Napier as OC at State. If that were to happen, I believe that would be a homerun for State.

so we'll have two OC's??

Spiderman
11-27-2017, 10:00 AM

Welp back to the old tried and true Ms State method of trying to take a Bama asst. coach and try to copy their success. Trying to get some of that magic to rub off on us.

Trying to be Bama with State players.

Is Larry Templeton Cohen's main advisor ?

BulldogDX55
11-27-2017, 10:03 AM

I'd be down with it. We would at the very least hold our defensive recruits down and have elite minds on both sides of the football. I'd guess that Pruitt was impressed with what he saw in Starkville this year.

defiantdog
11-27-2017, 10:06 AM
Welp back to the old tried and true Ms State method of trying to take a Bama asst. coach and try to copy their success. Trying to get some of that magic to rub off on us.

Dude is a one year assistant. He took the Bama job because it was always a dream of his to coach there. This hire would be huge for north central Alabama recruiting. Also, Pruitt is a good guy.

GreenheadDawg
11-27-2017, 10:10 AM

Got any better suggestions? Obviously Norvell is a no go. Anything past him is a crap shoot

Lloyd Christmas
11-27-2017, 10:13 AM

You've been pumping Sumlin as the next guy so I think Jack Daniels is your main advisor.

Dawgology
11-27-2017, 10:16 AM
This would be a good hire if it happened.

WesternSkyDawg
11-27-2017, 10:16 AM

That's about as stale of a take as you've dribbled on here in awhile.

Unless, he brings in a 62 year old OC to run the Power I, that's jus about the dumbest spin you could come up with.

Maroonthirteen
11-27-2017, 10:18 AM
This says to me....we don’t have any current head coaches interested. At least right now....

However a Alabama guy is a great fit if we have to go the assistant coach route. He is a native to Alabama and we rely heavily on the state of Alabama for recruits.

Really Clark?
11-27-2017, 10:19 AM
Lindsey not leaving and I'm not sold on Napier.

Napier put up better scoring in conference games this year than Chip Lindsey last year. I would like to see him duplicate it for another couple of years.

Lloyd Christmas
11-27-2017, 10:21 AM
This says to me....we don’t have any current head coaches interested. At least right now....

Or Pruitt would be better than the interested ones.

MetEdDawg
11-27-2017, 10:30 AM
Well Georgia just hired an Alabama DC and they went 11-1 and are heading to the SEC Championship game. I understand Mark Richt built that and they are in a different place than we are. And I think we are getting to the point where previous HC experience is highly overrated. It's about what you know, how you implement it, and the type of structure you build around yourself. There are tons of HCs with previous HC experience that just got fired in the SEC and we just lost our 9 year HC that was an offensive coordinator and never a HC to a Top 7 program. So let's not act like there's overwhelming evidence that a previous HC is the direction we need to go because we just proved for 9 years that you don't have to in order to be successful.

But Kirby is recruiting, he's winning, and he's got that defense playing a caliber of football that is very impressive. I think one of the things that we lack as far as understanding is the organizational structure these guys learn under Saban. We need a respectable asshole on the field but someone that can go into a living room and sell the hell out of them, the program, and how that child fits into the future of the program that we are trying to make elite. They get facilities and they understand the need to recruit.

If we want to be big time, we've got to have someone come in that has a similar vision to Mullen, but can execute the organizational side as far as personnel, continued facilities upgrades, and how to successfully structure recruiting.

Coach34
11-27-2017, 10:30 AM
This says to me....we don’t have any current head coaches interested. At least right now...

Cohen is going to hire someone fairly young. You can eliminate anybody 50 or older. That eliminates Leach and others

Coach34
11-27-2017, 10:31 AM
We're not stealing Auburn's OC unless Gus has been meddling too much and he wants freedom

Spiderman
11-27-2017, 10:32 AM
That's about as stale of a take as you've dribbled on here in awhile.

Unless, he brings in a 62 year old OC to run the Power I, that's jus about the dumbest spin you could come up with.

Whatever, you experts settle for a guy that has never been an HC.

I just think we can do better

RougeDawg
11-27-2017, 10:34 AM
You've been pumping Sumlin as the next guy so I think Jack Daniels is your main advisor.

I see someone woke up on the correct side of the bed this morning. On a roll already.

MetEdDawg
11-27-2017, 10:34 AM

Yeah that Dan Mullen guy we hired as an OC sucked. And that Kirby Smart guy that got hired sucks too. But Sumlin, Beilema, and Jones are freaking rock stars.

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2017, 10:37 AM
Dave Bartoo just basically said that Pruitt is a stud on OOB.

I didn't' quite catch what he said about the MSU job, but he was on the Pruitt bandwagon.

That may not mean much to many, but does to me with blue blood coordinators. Many times they are overrated, but, if Bartoo says the analytics line up, then I think that's pretty solid info

chef dixon
11-27-2017, 10:42 AM
Latest on Satterfield? Think we should be considering him

Spiderman
11-27-2017, 10:50 AM
Yeah that Dan Mullen guy we hired as an OC sucked. And that Kirby Smart guy that got hired sucks too. But Sumlin, Beilema, and Jones are freaking rock stars.

Yeah, and he was an OC. The 1st outside the box, non copying Bama guy we ever hired since I've been alive. And Smart is at Georgia,which was loaded when he took over.

At least Jackie had proven to be a good HC, but the only way we got him was because he was damaged goods. Belard invented the offense Bama was running at the time, so he got hired. Rocky Bama asst. Tyler was the only Bama asst that worked out somewhat. Croom, Bama reject.

But all had one thing in common. They were gonna do it the Bama way.

We ain't Bama, and trying to be like Bama doesn't work here.

We had to take assts then.

We don't now

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-27-2017, 10:53 AM
And Smart is at Georgia,which was loaded when he took over.

He is about to sign the number 1 player in the nation Justin Fields (QB) I think he will continue to be alright for a few years.

Really Clark?
11-27-2017, 10:58 AM
Spider I hear ya but those were different times and honestly some lazy hires. I don't think that Cohen is doing it to copy Bama. Pruitt is probably the top or one of the top coordinators to take the next step this year or next. And Cohen absolutely wants a recruiter and he has proven to be a very good DC.

Maroonthirteen
11-27-2017, 11:00 AM
Dave Bartoo just basically said that Pruitt is a stud on OOB.

I didn't' quite catch what he said about the MSU job, but he was on the Pruitt bandwagon.

He said Pruitt would be a A- hire according to his matrix. He was high on Pruit.

Spiderman
11-27-2017, 11:07 AM
Spider I hear ya but those were different times and honestly some lazy hires. I don't think that Cohen is doing it to copy Bama. Pruitt is probably the top or one of the top coordinators to take the next step this year or next. And Cohen absolutely wants a recruiter and he has proven to be a very good DC.

This is a lazy hire if he gets it. Again all on potential.

Why, when there are guys who have been HC's and have won?

He may turn out decent, but may is a big word. Why are we settling for may?

Spiderman
11-27-2017, 11:08 AM
He is about to sign the number 1 player in the nation Justin Fields (QB) I think he will continue to be alright for a few years.

yep, because he is a GEORGIA where they have signed 3 top QB's in a row.

Little difference there and if you don't see the difference, God bless you.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-27-2017, 11:12 AM
yep, because he is a GEORGIA where they have signed 3 top QB's in a row.

Little difference there and if you don't see the difference, God bless you.

All I see if that they are 11-1 in his second year and are going to the SEC Championship. And he is continually bringing in crazy talent. btw finished number 3 in recruiting last year and they are number 5 right now.

Spiderman
11-27-2017, 11:18 AM
All I see if that they are 11-1 in his second year and are going to the SEC Championship. And he is continually bringing in crazy talent. btw finished number 3 in recruiting last year and they are number 5 right now.

You honestly think Smart, running his I formation, could do that in Starkville?

Really Clark?
11-27-2017, 11:19 AM
This is a lazy hire if he gets it. Again all on potential.

Why, when there are guys who have been HC's and have won?

He may turn out decent, but may is a big word. Why are we settling for may?

It may not work but I disagree that it's a lazy hire. This is a totally different administration and AD. You are projecting the past similarities just because it is Bama and an assistant coach. Honestly there is no analysis that has shown hiring a very successful coordinator is worse than hiring a HC at a smaller school to a P5 school. It has to be the right fit for the program. We are not getting someone just because he is or was a Bear water boy at one time. He would be candidate if he was still at FSU. I know where you are coming from but you are being slightly blind because of the past.

Are there others I would like more, yes but Pruitt has some outstanding selling points in his own right.

WesternSkyDawg
11-27-2017, 11:25 AM
You honestly think Smart, running his I formation, could do that in Starkville?

When you're labeling Rocky Felker, an MSU legend from the '70's, as a "Bama guy", you've stretched your point beyond reason.

Spiderman
11-27-2017, 11:33 AM
When you're labeling Rocky Felker, an MSU legend from the '70's, as a "Bama guy", you've stretched your point beyond reason.

He was an asst at Bama. We passed Spurrier to hire him.

Typical.

We passed on Jimbo to hire Croom.

Typical

This feels the same way.

WesternSkyDawg
11-27-2017, 11:42 AM
Past success doesn't guarantee future success

Past screw ups don't either

Universal opinion is that Pruitt is lit up with energy and works his butt off. Famous account of him challenging the entire Mark Richt coaching staff, including the head man, for their complacency.

Add to that, for all Mullen's big-picture thinking on the game, he never could quite shake a certain candy ass feel in his approach to football. No one will make that complaint on Pruitt.

Exactly what we need to continue our momentum if Cohen believes he's the guy.

Percho
11-27-2017, 11:52 AM

Yep, let's hire all three HC's. That worked out real well once before.

I know what you mean.

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2017, 11:53 AM
He was an asst at Bama. We passed Spurrier to hire him. Because he played at MSU

Typical.

We passed on Jimbo to hire Croom. Because LT wanted to hire the first African American coach in the SEC

Typical

This feels the same way.

You are also saying we shouldn't have hired Jackie because of his connection to Bama. Jackie is the reason we were able to hire Mullen. Mullen along with the SEC money and upgrades will be the reason we can hire someone good this time. I don't care who we hire but I just want someone who will work hard and recruit well.

GreenheadDawg
11-27-2017, 11:54 AM

I’ll ask again. Who do you suggest?

Percho
11-27-2017, 11:58 AM
I think we should hire:

T U S K***

Our Bama guy.

BuckyIsAB****
11-27-2017, 12:12 PM
This says to me....we don?t have any current head coaches interested. At least right now....

However a Alabama guy is a great fit if we have to go the assistant coach route. He is a native to Alabama and we rely heavily on the state of Alabama for recruits.

Nah. Its bc Pruitt was or no. 1 guy and has been for a long time if Mullen ever left

Spiderman
11-27-2017, 12:17 PM
You are also saying we shouldn't have hired Jackie because of his connection to Bama. Jackie is the reason we were able to hire Mullen. Mullen along with the SEC money and upgrades will be the reason we can hire someone good this time. I don't care who we hire but I just want someone who will work hard and recruit well.

No,If you read the thread I said Jackie was a proven HC.

And it was a good hire

Spiderman
11-27-2017, 12:19 PM
I?ll ask again. Who do you suggest?

I've already posted that in another thread, but I'd take Brown, Sumlin, Satterfield , Candle and a few more HC's before offering Pruitt

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2017, 01:24 PM
No,If you read the thread I said Jackie was a proven HC.

And it was a good hire

Butch Jones it is then.

Spiderman
11-27-2017, 01:26 PM
Butch Jones it is then.

Yeah, he's proven**

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2017, 01:53 PM
Yeah, he's proven**

Back to back 9 win seasons and has won wherever he has been. He is also seen as a great recruiter. He was still possibly bowl eligible this year before getting canned. He pretty much has 2 losing seasons in his career, the first year at U of Cin and first year at UT. Those were pretty much him coming into a mess. I don't know why the ** since he pretty much checks the boxes that you would require.

Do you prefer the guy from App St since he is a head coach over someone like Pruitt or other Coordinators? Butch Jones is just an example of you don't know how someone will do no matter their head coaching experience.

Spiderman
11-27-2017, 02:12 PM
Back to back 9 win seasons and has won wherever he has been. He is also seen as a great recruiter. He was still possibly bowl eligible this year before getting canned. He pretty much has 2 losing seasons in his career, the first year at U of Cin and first year at UT. Those were pretty much him coming into a mess. I don't know why the ** since he pretty much checks the boxes that you would require.

Do you prefer the guy from App St since he is a head coach over someone like Pruitt or other Coordinators? Butch Jones is just an example of you don't know how someone will do no matter their head coaching experience.

Everyone that knew Jones said he was insecure, thin skinned and self unaware. He wasn't a fit there or built to handle that pressure. That's why you do your home work.

And if Cohen interviews some HC's and thinks the same, then go to coordinators. But to hire Pruitt right off the bat without doing that is lazy and reckless imo