PDA

View Full Version : The New Coaching Staff Will Have to Coach the Bowl Game Right?

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2017, 09:43 AM
I realize that isn't the norm, but the new coaching staff will have to coach the bowl game because I don't see how we'd have enough coaches otherwise.

Plus it would give the new staff an extra Spring practice of sorts.

WinningIsRelentless
11-27-2017, 09:47 AM
You have guys on staff now that can coach the bowl game. You are going to have to move guys like Peterson and Gibson to on the field jobs for the time being just for recruiting purposes. Both of those guys can coach the bowl game.

MafiaDawg
11-27-2017, 09:52 AM
Yes the new coaches should coach the bowl game. It's like having 2 springs.

Coursesuper
11-27-2017, 10:02 AM
Yes the new coaches should coach the bowl game. It's like having 2 springs.

This is correct, this and the early signing period are why it’s imperative that this happens this week.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-27-2017, 10:04 AM
I doubt it. Plus you're not going to try to install a new system in 2-3 weeks to play a game with.

Johnson85
11-27-2017, 10:40 AM
I doubt it. Plus you're not going to try to install a new system in 2-3 weeks to play a game with.

I don't know. You don't want to set the new coaches up to fail, but it doesn't seem like we have the guys on staff to coach it. Even if the new coach(es) just assist the remaining coaches with game planning and practice and then watching from the press box and giving info during the game, it seems like they'd need to take some kind of role. And if that's all they did, if the team falls on its face, you won't have the new coach on the sidelines and people (unfairly) wondering if they're not a good fit.