PDA

View Full Version : If Kiffins not our coach when I wake up in the morning, I'll be disappointed.

cheewgumm
11-26-2017, 10:40 PM
Good night

Lloyd Christmas
11-26-2017, 10:43 PM
Good night

I think he'd take the job but I think Cohen may be worried about continuity.

AgDawg
11-26-2017, 10:44 PM
Yes he needs to be the first interview.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2017, 10:48 PM
I'm sorry but I think you are going to be disappointed in the morning, the next morning, the morning after that, etc.

Leroy Jenkins
11-26-2017, 10:54 PM
I think he'd take the job but I think Cohen may be worried about continuity.

Im not concerned with Kiffen's continuity. I think a MSU-like job is his ceiling. A 5mil SEC job is top 20 nationally. Where is he going to go from there? And if he has done well enough to move into a top 5-10 job it means we have kicked ass.

Lloyd Christmas
11-26-2017, 10:55 PM
Im not concerned with Kiffen's continuity. I think a MSU-like job is his ceiling. A 5mil SEC job is top 20 nationally. Where is he going to go from there? And if he has done well enough to move into a top 5-10 job it means we have kicked ass.

Look I'd be happy with it - I'm just saying Cohen may be thinking longterm and might not trust that Kiffin is long term.

TrapGame
11-26-2017, 10:56 PM
I betcha he's working for the A&M job.

Irondawg
11-26-2017, 10:57 PM
I like Kiffin's coaching ability but I just don't think he and MSU are a fit from a personality standpoint honestly. Much like McElwain and FL didn't jive, I just don't know if he'd be a good fit, despite his coaching acumen.

Bothrops
11-26-2017, 11:01 PM
There aren't many guys left out there that would fit MSU personality wise. Everything changes.

Leroy Jenkins
11-26-2017, 11:02 PM
I like Kiffin's coaching ability but I just don't think he and MSU are a fit from a personality standpoint honestly. Much like McElwain and FL didn't jive, I just don't know if he'd be a good fit, despite his coaching acumen.

Dan Mullen wasnt a "fit from a personality standpoint" either.

Cooterpoot
11-26-2017, 11:03 PM
He’s a damn scumbag.

Coach34
11-26-2017, 11:05 PM
He’s a damn scumbag.

Yep- and he would be our Scumbag that continued to go bowling every year

msstatelp1
11-26-2017, 11:06 PM
Whoever it is, I'm gonna trust that John Cohen made the right hire.

redstickdawg
11-26-2017, 11:17 PM
Look I'd be happy with it - I'm just saying Cohen may be thinking longterm and might not trust that Kiffin is long term.

this would be a no-brainer terrible hire. How loyal was he to tenrc? what did uscw think of him? This would be croomtastic and set the program back to 2003 levels.

Lloyd Christmas
11-26-2017, 11:20 PM
this would be a no-brainer terrible hire. How loyal was he to tenrc? what did uscw think of him? This would be croomtastic and set the program back to 2003 levels.

Cohen is smart. He may look around the coaching landscape and realize there aren't enough good candidates for a good long term hire. Therefore, he may be ok with hiring Kiffin knowing that if he leaves in two years it will be because we did well and Cohen can conduct another search with fresh faces and less competition.

Maroonthirteen
11-26-2017, 11:22 PM

It would be the stupidest hire we could make.

Bowl games...the dude would be gone as soon as the clock struck 0:00 in egg bowl of a winning season.

Dawg61
11-26-2017, 11:24 PM
Kiffin has an unmatched swagger that we would eat up. Two days ago he offered Conor McGregor to come play FB for him. He will **** with Saban's head and never lose to Ole Miss. He'd continue getting top notch QBs for us and his offense would be cutting edge high points every year. I would love this hire. He is worth all that money we were gonna give Dan.

preachermatt83
11-26-2017, 11:46 PM
Kiffin or Leach....anybody else and I'm disappointed

preachermatt83
11-26-2017, 11:47 PM
Kiffin or Leach....anybody else and I'm disappointed

Unless there is some kind of out of left field hire like Holgerson or fleck. Now I'd be happy with that too.

Mimi's Babies
11-26-2017, 11:59 PM

Kiffin would not last in Starkville.... period

BuckyIsAB****
11-27-2017, 12:06 AM
Kiffin has swag and doesnt care if anyone likes him or not. Not to mention hes a winner, been with Saban knows more about him than anyone else we could get. Not to mention he can flat out recruit, we'd recruit nationally with Lane Kiffin. He'd be like young Dan was, hungry and would give OM more shit than Sherrill did

38843dawg
11-27-2017, 12:11 AM
If you want someone that wins, that can recruit, and would make a splash for State then Kiffin is your guy.

PMDawg
11-27-2017, 12:28 AM
Starkville would not last in Kiffin.

MeridianDog
11-27-2017, 10:23 AM
Kiffin Yes, for all of the positive reasons stated.

The dud would build a 90 story apartment in OM's head.

Dan was ok from the sidelines as OM beat us? Kiffin would never take that. The days of OM losing multiple games during season and beating us to end their year would be over forever.

The man can coach during a game. Mullen might and he might not.

We would have national credibility to recruit from - a strong presence whenever he showed up at a prospect's house.

He has day to day expectations that the team would quickly rise to meet. NO catchy gimmick slogans, just do your job - and with that expectation, the team would absolutely excel. We have the talent, just need a leader.

He would only stay 2 years? Anyone we hire needs to be paid, or they will leave. Money will keep anyone worth having here. Never think for a moment that Saban would not leave Alabama if the money was right (ridiculously high) for him.

I see Leach as a west coast guy. He would be like an alien here. Everything people didn't like about Dan, is a part of Leach's character.

I know whoever we get will alienate some here, but Kiffin is the guy we need to hire.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-27-2017, 10:32 AM

THIS!!^^ Many don't consider this because they are just looking for a name. The hire is much more than that especially with this hire. Cohen has to hit a HR.